• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
P3Hg7gj.jpg

Yes, No?
Thought the same

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
So now we blame the developer for leaks? "If you would show stuff people wouldn't leak it". What kind of thinking is that?
not my intention to blame the developers, i'm just saying that it's no wonder someone leaked it since it's so hotly anticipated and we haven't seen anything besides the initial CG reveal

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Yes its a very bad thing.

This game cannot just be Dark Souls 4; From's game are very iterative, going back into the well constantly is gonna make even new shit become stale. People were already tired of DS3 when it came out.

I have no doubt they can and will make ER a great game but if the talk that this trailer was canned because it didnt show enough of what ER is gonna be then they made the right choice imo.
LOL. No they weren't. That game sold incredibly well and still held up with praise. It's been 5 years since we have had a dark souls game from the developers. Here, it is dark souls influenced, but we're seeing we have an open world and horseback riding and combat...and that's without knowing anything else that is being held out until the game gets closer to release.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 3 still felt nowhere near as fast and fun as Bloodborne and Sekiro
I think alot of it has to do with the animation for the dodge(speaking specifically about BB here). BB's dodge animation has this "elasticity" that the Souls roll doesnt. The whole movement might be just the same and enemies fairly similar but the way it's presented in each gives a different feel. On top of that BB's dodges bring you back towards the enemy after an attack, which Dark Souls games done. This makes fights feel much more fluid.

Sekiro on the other hand doesnt rely at much on the dodge but enemies just attack more often and overall faster due to the parry mechanic which makes that one feel faster as well.

Totally.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Nice ! What a lot of people wanted!
I'd say more people want Bloodborne 2,but Dark Souls 4 with open world will be a guaranteed hit as well. I am personally not too hyped after 4 almost identical games though. It gets a bit stale and I was hoping for a bigger shake up of the formula. But hey, it still can turnout to be more than just DS open world. Patiently waiting for the full reveal and hopefully some meaty Infos.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
LOL. No they weren't. That game sold incredibly well and still held up with praise. It's been 5 years since we have had a dark souls game from the developers. Here, it is dark souls influenced, but we're seeing we have an open world and horseback riding and combat...and that's without knowing anything else that is being held out until the game gets closer to release.
Tired as in they couldnt stop constantly talking about how derivative the game felt and nothing felt new or interesting.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say more people want Bloodborne 2,but Dark Souls 4 with open world will be a guaranteed hit as well. I am personally not too hyped after 4 almost identical games though. It gets a bit stale and I was hoping for a bigger shake up of the formula. But hey, it still can turnout to be more than just DS open world. Patiently waiting for the full reveal and hopefully some meaty Infos.
The audience for DS is way bigger than BB so prolly not.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only on ERA DS2 and DS3 are boring games while Bloodborne is the savior of the fucking universe.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Almost looks like instead of a catalyst to perform magic, or talisman of some kind, you hold a red torch/blue torch. I wonder.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Dark Souls 3 sold 10 millions (27 millions total for the dark souls franchise) so I really doubt more people want Bloodborne 2

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
yeah I dunno y'all, It looks like dark souls 4... but that's great! Plus we know it's open world, is that not enough to distinguish itself from their other games?

Oct 29, 2017
I will be glad if this game is basically dark souls but you can kinda play like sekiro and BB, having more pronounced divergences in gameplay styles

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Seems like a Project Beast leak situation... an old not-so-great looking trailer never intended to be seen by the general public.

Yes its a very bad thing.

This game cannot just be Dark Souls 4; From's game are very iterative, going back into the well constantly is gonna make even new shit become stale. People were already tired of DS3 when it came out.

I have no doubt they can and will make ER a great game but if the talk that this trailer was canned because it didnt show enough of what ER is gonna be then they made the right choice imo.

Open world and horseback combat already sets it apart, but honestly I couldn't care less. Give me 500 games that look and play exactly like Dark Souls (III) but in different environments with different enemies and bosses and I'd never play another video game. I'll never understand the mentality that a game needs to do something original to be good. A good video game is a good video game. That being said I'm sure this game will have plenty of things that set it apart.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very intrigued to see what From Software does with a genre I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with(I hate Skyrim and respect Witcher 3 for the most part).

Getting good vibes with that sweet Souls combat 😊

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Idc if its derivative of Souls, From Soft is the only company that can do this style of game, and for me thats enough for the formula to never get old. As long as the world feels fresh and the combat feels rewarding, im all in Day 1.