• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

A leaked Elden Ring trailer is being actively circulated in online chat groups, VGC can confirm.

The video, which has been seen by VGC but cannot be shared for legal reasons, is labelled as 'Bandai Namco confidential' and shows a significant amount of off-screen footage, from what appears to be a planned gameplay trailer for the From Software title.

The video leak represents the first significant update on Elden Ring since it was announced in June 2019, and the first time anyone has seen gameplay outside of its publisher or developer.

"I can only imagine what drives you to seek the Elden Ring," a narrator says in the trailer. "I suppose you can't be talked into turning back. Very well then!"

The gameplay footage then shows a montage of familiar Souls-style melee combat, boss battles against a fire-breathing dragon and a large, sword-wielding foe, and a glimpse at horseback combat in a large, open environment.

The trailer calls Elden Ring "an all-new fantasy action RPG franchise from the creators of Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro".

Since the off-screen clip seen by VGC seemingly only shows a portion of the trailer, there is no release date mentioned. However, we understand Elden Ring has already been delayed several times internally due to disruption caused by the pandemic.

People with knowledge of the game's development told VGC that production has been significantly hampered by remote working restrictions, which have been in place for nearly a year. One person close to the game's development said that, due to the disruption, they believed it was unlikely Elden Ring would make it out this year.

However, the fact that a trailer is being circulated online suggests that an official reveal might not be far away. More than one high-profile games reporter has recently suggested that publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment will soon lift the lid on Elden Ring.

GamesBeat reporter Jeff Grubb said on Friday that he'd heard the title was being planned for an unveiling soon. Bloomberg's Jason Schreier echoed the comments, stating that there was "strong evidence" the game would be shown soon.

Xbox's marketing boss denied this weekend that Elden Ring could be revealed at an Xbox event this month.

Responding to a press article speculating on the reveal, Aaron Greenberg wrote: "Just to set expectations: this is not happening. There are always things we have in the works, but nothing coming soon that would feature game announcements or world premieres like this.

EDIT: Jason Schreier is corroborating this news update apparently:

EDIT2:

Trailer clip no. 1:

Trailer Clip no. 2:

All of these clips are verified and confirmed to be real by games journalists.

Trailer Clip no. 3:
(Showing Stealth)

Trailer clip no. 4:
(30 seconds)

Trailer clip no. 5:
(showing a boss fight for some secconds)

Trailer Clip no. 6:
(33 seconds)

Trailer Clip no. 7 but upscaled to 720(youtube) and contains some of the past clips linked above:

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well, time to browse 4chan (vibes from that leaked Bloodborne trailer)

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The Winds of Winter is being shared right alongside it too, I can exclusively confirm.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
GVFbI3L.gif

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
However, we understand Elden Ring has already been delayed several times internally due to disruption caused by the pandemic.

People with knowledge of the game's development told VGC that production has been significantly hampered by remote working restrictions, which have been in place for nearly a year. One person close to the game's development said that, due to the disruption, they believed it was unlikely Elden Ring would make it out this year.

Also, important part.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Interested to see their take on horseback combat, considering their games are so punishing. Feels like a recipe for frustration.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Bamco may as well just release the trailer.

2022 release is not surprise to me. Everything gets delayed.

Oct 27, 2017
If Bandai didn't already know it's in the wild, they do now. I wonder how this affects existing marketing dates, if at all.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Theres a vague description of the footage; just imagine in Bloodborne but in an open greener area.

The gameplay footage then shows a montage of familiar Souls-style melee combat, boss battles against a fire-breathing dragon and a large, sword-wielding foe, and a glimpse at horseback combat in a large, open environment.

Soviet

Oct 28, 2017
They could at least use a screencap from the leaked trailer, not from the first one with "XboxE3" on it, confusing everyone even more.

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
Im guessing Fall 2022 at the earliest. I don't know anything, for the record, just a guess. But I'm not expecting this anytime soon, that way, if it's later than that, I'm not disappointed, and if it's earlier than that, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So... where is it?

Wonder if this was to be shown at the Bandai Namco Next thing.

Also seem it's unlikely to release this year. Sucks.