• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Good idea?

• Yes, the original will always be there

Votes: 1,371 67.6%
  • No, they shouldn't have remade it

Votes: 657 32.4%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
. Following its reimaginings of Resident Evil 2 and 3, multiple development sources have told VGC that the Resident Evil 4 remake has now entered full production with an estimated release window in 2022.

Development is being led by Osaka-based M-Two, the new studio founded by former PlatinumGames head Tatsuya Minami, which has been preparing for the project since 2018
Source

Shame it's not Dino Crisis.

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
while i feel that RE4 is incredibly timeless, i'm curious what a remake will be able to do.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
well they would been foolish to not too.

But RE4 doesnt need much of a remake, gameplay wise.

But oh boy am I ready for RE3 engine RE4

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Key quotes:
Following its reimaginings of Resident Evil 2 and 3, multiple development sources have told VGC that the Resident Evil 4 remake has now entered full production with an estimated release window in 2022.

Development is being led by Osaka-based M-Two, the new studio founded by former PlatinumGames head Tatsuya Minami, which has been preparing for the project since 2018.

However, similar to how 2020's Resident Evil 3 was led by company Red Works, Capcom's internal teams and other external studios are likely to lend support.

It's understood that the remake has the blessing of original game director Shinji Mikami, who officially declined an approach to lead the project himself but has provided informal advice on its direction.

The studio helming the remake has been in operation since 2018 and is comprised of many former Platinum and Capcom employees.

Although many original Resident Evil 4 team members remain at Capcom, it's unclear whether they have any involvement with M-Two's project. One person with knowledge of development told VGC the remake is being directed by a newcomer to the series.

Resident Evil 4's original director, Shinji Mikami was approached to co-found M-Two but turned down the role due to his commitment to Bethesda's GhostWire: Tokyo, VGC was told.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the boat that doesn't feel like this game needs a remake, but it also doesn't hurt for one to exist. I have a feeling it will be worse than the original but I'll try it regardless.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, so I guess they're happy with R3make being scored way worse than RE2 then. Seems a little strange that they'd put their worse performing studio on an RE4 remake. Plus it took this studio 3 years to create a roughly 6-8 hour game, while RE4 was at least double the length.

And I guess RE is a full-on yearly franchise now too. Which I'm personally fine with if their up to the quality of RE2make / 7 (and imo even 3make which I really liked).

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
I've come around on the idea that not every game needs a remake. The original will always still exist.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
We'll see remakes of Resident Evil video games for the next 100 years, it's clear developers want the games to continue on with the latest and greatest tech.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica could probably do with a remake more than this, but I'm looking forward nonetheless. Great time to be an RE fan.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Re4 being remade is a bit too far for me. The game still looks great. It's already been ported to current gen. Just make a new RE or make a new IP in RE Engine

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You know, the game does lag in the final third... it could do with a trim there.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oooh, I hope it plays like RE2 remake. They should take this opportunity to make RE4 without the melee combat and quick times.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
For once they should try remaking a game where they have a chance to actually best the original. So maybe Code Veronica.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So they've put the studio that couldn't remake RE3, instead of the RE2 crew, to work on fucking RE4 Remake?

Lmao Capcom.