• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have *zero* confidence in them handling any of these games\series with respect or appropriate funding, but I hope I am wrong.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well if Konami really is reviving its old zombie corpse, however things end up, it'll surely be more entertaining than the nothing we otherwise would've gotten.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
Most tedious rumours ever. Endless cycles of the same thing over and over.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Well the new Getsufumaden is decent and they have been very receptive to feedback so sure, i can believe it.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Konamis ports so far have been pretty good, like the CV Advance Collection so i hope they also plan to rerelease the old Silent Hill titles on modern plattforms

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, I am sure at least announcements will be entertaining 😎

Nov 2, 2018
Another report collaborating that the whole Bluepoint rumour, which originated here, from the same source as the Silent Hill rumour - seems to have completely fabricated from the start.

I'll take a MGS3 remaster and a modern port of the older games. Disappointing, I'd hoped Bluepoint could have took over the future of the franchise

Muji

Banned
Jul 27, 2021
This is going to result in a lot of bad games. Konami doesn't have the killer instinct anymore, and games like MGS should probably stay dead rather than being trotted around to outsourcing studios.

How are you so sure? Genuine question. None of us has any idea about what is going on, how development is going.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take that MGS3 remake, it is the best MGS. I will love a MGS4 remake with a solid 60fps gameplay as well, while not one of my favorite MGS games I think the crappy frame rate and diluted graphics soured my experience, it was a very ambitious game.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Easy way to get me interested in a new CV would be if Konami ended up calling up some of their old pals at Good-Feel for aid. I always felt that the Konami Kobe ex-pats at Good-Feel "got" Castlevania in a way that IGA never quite did.

Failing that, I can only hope for the best for whatever this "reimagining" ends up being.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Capcom has redeemed itself and I really enjoyed bomberman. I'm willing to give Konami a chance

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Happy that the supposed MGS remasters aren't by Bluepoint. They do great work, but MGS has been multiplatform for much longer than it's been exclusive to Sony. It's a multiplatform series, don't want it locked behind one console.

Also, after MGS2/3 on Vita, I would love them on Switch.

Interested by the MGS3 Remake as well. It's a Japanese owned IP for a Japanese publisher, but if it's developed by a Chinese team would that then force certain changes to be made, based on reports in another topic?

Last edited:

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
MGS3 could use the Pachinko assets, I guess. A 100% faithful reskin with modern textures, lighting, and models would be in line with Bluepoint's Demon's Souls, Halo Anniversary, etc.. Still hard to imagine any studio touching Metal Gear that isn't supervised by Kojima. To this day, I have not played Survive, and I never will. Doesn't feel right.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't want Metal Gear to be touched. Just bring the HD collection to current consoles. The "prominent" Japanese developer" for Silent Hill sounds promising though.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020

brad-pitt-dance.gif

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I would love just a simple, tight 'solid' MGS, like #1 again. Drop all the bullshit and keep it simple.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't "reimagine" Castlevania. Just release 1999 Castlevania and let us play with Julius Belmont.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much as expected now that bluepoint is out of the picture. Was always going to be done by smaller unknown studios of unknown quality.
What will they do about the voice acting though? Could they reuse old files?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Still, if you are staging a big "comeback" to premium gaming and need to regain all of the good will lost, while crawling from the meme pit, Chinese studio for MGS 3 remake screams "we are on massive budget constraints here". Need to see who is on the Castlevania to make full judgment.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
They should atleast reboot MGS instead of doing a 6 if there's a new game in the series (After the remakes/remasters) without Kojima imo.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
Rumors like this have been around for a while but I'm seeing more now coming from reputable sources so it leads me to believe it's accurate.

I know lots are skeptical of the eventual quality of these games due to Konami's recent output but Andy Robinson said in the stream things were changing at the company due to a recent restructuring, and a recognition that the market has become much more profitable for single player games in recent years. He also cautioned against using the eFootball debacle as a bad omen, as it is internally handled somewhat differently than the rest of their projects. So I'm somewhat optimistic, but keep in mind that Konami does not have the unlimited funds that a Ubisoft or Microsoft has to throw at massive projects. They have to work within a reasonable budget.

Anyway, it'll be great to get a new Castlevania installment, in whatever form that would be. Konami has such a great library of classic IPs it's a shame that they've been silent for so long but it's nice to hear things are changing.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Pachinko business starting to slide? I'm sure they haven't been doing too hot lately.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Would be happy just to see all of their back catalogue available on modern consoles and PC / Steam. They have a lot of good games stuck on old hardware.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 3 is in my top 10 of all time, but I'd still prefer a remake of MGS1, then remasters of 2-4. I'll take what I can get tho.

I am most nervous about Silent Hill, prominent developer or not. I guess I should be happy Konami is doing anything at all

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I just want a basic as heck classicvania before they go all reimagining on the series yet again

But I'm cautiously intrigued, I was just thinking this morning if there'd ever be a proper new CV game again any time soon or if I should just accept bloodstained as my new god, I'll happily have both!

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I gotta admit that I don't care too much about whatever they're doing with MGS, but I'd love a new take on Castlevania and I'm very intrigued what that might look like. Since IGA has moved on to make his own thing, a new Castlevania reboot also won't have that bitter "IGAvanias had to die for this" taste of Lord of Shadow.