• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated information

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
KatharsisT
AAAAAAAAA
Konami's Japanese bosses are understood to have historically pushed back against most pitches to outsource their key games brands, which is a big reason why the Supermassive game wasn't greenlit.

However, following the disappointing performance of recent in-house titles Metal Gear Survive and Contra: Rogue Corps, sources said the company has become more willing to contract outside studios for its major franchises.

In addition to Silent Hill, sources said that Konami also has plans to work on Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid games via external companies, but any potential releases are still years away.

Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...king-on-silent-hill-but-its-not-the-only-one/

Last edited:

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Is Bloober owned by MS?
Exclusive Silent Hill Games for PS5 and XSX each?
One is normal version, one is nightmare Version, you have to play XSX and PS5 simultaniously on two TVs for the full game experience. Forcing Fanboys to buy the competing System as a new Form of psychological and financial horror.
giphyajk28.gif

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
hmmm... wonder who would take on Castlevania?

The easy dream choices right now are like, The Game Kitchen (Blasphemous) or Team Cherry (Hollow Knight)... but yeah... interesting.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
CASTLEVANIA AND MGS.

AAAHHHHH.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Haha, if all this bullshit ends up being true, I might actually die laughing, what a silly saga.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Well Sony is being rather generous nowadays and seeing as how they don't own the Silent Hill IP, much like the MLB license, who knows maybe this will remain multiplat?
I can only see this happening if Konami asked for it, who knows if they would tho, they are not in the best position to make requests even if is with their I.P.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I do like how there's simultaneously "cooled on outsourcing" and also "oh yeah, outsource two of our biggest IPs"

I realise one doesn't invalidate the other, but it did tickle me.

21a.png

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I do like how there's simultaneously "cooled on outsourcing" and also "oh yeah, outsource two of our biggest IPs"

I read 'cooled' to mean 'more open again', as (I might be wrong here) Metal Gear Survive and the new Contra were actually attempted in-house?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Konami's Japanese bosses are understood to have historically pushed back against most pitches to outsource their key games brands, which is a big reason why the Supermassive game wasn't greenlit.

However, following the disappointing performance of recent in-house titles Metal Gear Survive and Contra: Rogue Corps, sources said the company has become more willing to contract outside studios for its major franchises.

In addition to Silent Hill, sources said that Konami also has plans to work on Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid games via external companies, but any potential releases are still years away.

The article explains it better than the tweet.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

i think that is meant to read chronologically. As in, they were previously cool ok outsourcing because of a couple of flops but are now back in.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima should don Groucho Marx glasses and pretend he's not Kojima and make another MGS

Oct 27, 2017
So MGS being remade by Bluepoint and Sony Japan making a Silent Hill then. Sony forking out for a FromSoft-developed 3D Castlevania too?

Oct 27, 2017
Do people just want a Bluepoint MGS remake because they want it with better graphics? Because that's what it would be

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The Castlevania news isn't shocking, but it's not what people will be happy about. They have been working with external companies for years. Projects from Gumi and Shengqu Games are not the studios or even the platform people probably want, but it is what it is.

It would be best that many of you taper your expectations. Stop assuming projects will be outsourced in the best possible situations to the best developers in your imagination. Did y'all forget Silent Hill was dragged into the ground for years because Konami outsourced it to literally anyone who seemed to ask?

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
After the not at all what I want out of Castlevania games from MercurySteam Konami is going to have to give me a good reason to be interested in a new Castlevania game.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Castlevania by From Software: Souls Vampire flavour in my veigns

Mgs by Kojima productions or bluepoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.