• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
A BRIEF, MYSTERIOUS CLIP IN A GAME MONTAGE COULD SHOW A KEY CHARACTER FROM THE GAMES

sony-tease-1-1024x576.jpg

A new Sony ad designed to promote PS5 could be teasing Uncharted 5.

The new promo, titled 'Live from PS5', features a series of live-action news reports reenacting scenes from various PlayStation games including God of War, Horizon, Gran Turismo and more.

However, among all the clips from current and upcoming PS5 games, one live-action clip stands out as being unrecognisable.

It shows a young woman in a cave, with a flaming torch. In a separate brief clip, she can be seen blowing dust off an ancient artefact.

sony-tease-3-768x391.jpg

Fnt85pgXoAElPVJ

Fnt9C8KXkAMVWZB

More at VGC: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonys-new-ps5-ad-could-be-teasing-uncharted-5/

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if I can like uncharted without naughty dog, it's like halo without bungie

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I'm gunna guess it's just a generic "look we have adventure-style games" thing. I doubt they would tease a massive new game in this way.

Mooksoup

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Didn't Druckmann recently said that they're done with Uncharted's story?

From the article linked:

Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann claimed last week that the studio has 'moved on' from the Uncharted series, but that doesn't rule out another studio taking on the IP.
And last April, a recruiter at the studio seemingly hinted that Sony could be planning future Uncharted releases.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I was gonna say that it was a stretch since it probably was some more of Sony's "you are the hero" marketing stuff but yeah. Everybody is represented just like they are in the games, and yet that's clearly Uncharted but with a girl instead of Nate. Maybe his daughter? Could be really cool.
I'm gunna guess it's just a generic "look we have adventure-style games" thing. I doubt they would tease a massive new game in this way.
They did tease that Crash was coming back on a TV ad though.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly not sure if I'd even be that interested in an Uncharted that stars Nate's daughter when there's a perfectly fine Chloe Fraser ready to take over

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So yes...but, I might be able to stand the shooting segments if someone else handles it. Because it's not Uncharted if I don't blow away 17,000 people.

Why would it be any different? I think the shooting segments and gunplay is great in Uncharted 4.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Looks like my dream game so I am certain it isn't real and just some CGI to appear adventurous like some people here suggested :(

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tbf it is pretty suspect when most (all?) of the other clips could be recognised and this one doesn't really seem to point to anything.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I don't think so. The trailer is a composition of Sony stuff, and while it's PlayStation 5 focused, it's also an amalgamation of Sony branded imagery and IPs. Uncharted is enormously recognisable as textbook Sony PlayStation.

Like, there's a couple of Ghost of Tsushima cuts in there too: one of live action samurai riding past burning huts, while the other is just a snippet of the Director's Cut.

Much in the same way that Ghost of Tsushima was re-released on PlayStation 5 (despite us obviously getting a sequel), we also have Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PS5. And that combined with wanting to promote the ad with recognisable, uniformed "Sony IPs and brands", I think it's more reasonable to suggest that it's just in there for that reason rather than subtle promotion of a new Uncharted title (even if one does end up existing).

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I don't think it's that much of reach. Having a blonde woman instead of a guy who looks vaguely like Nathan Drake is a deliberate choice.

Also it wouldn't be surprising at all if Sony would want to continue Uncharted even without Naughty Dog doing it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's definitely teasing *something*. It's anonymous split-second footage spliced in between shots from like their four biggest franchises.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this song and dance happen with every Sony live action ad where it references something that ends up having nothing in development.