• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Dupree, who had been at the Metroid Prime developer for almost a decade prior to his departure in 2017, last worked at nearby Texas studio Playful Corp, where he helped design platformer New Super Lucky's Tale.

The designer had previously contributed to the creation of Wii title Donkey Kong Country Returns at Retro, as well as Mario Kart 7 for Nintendo 3DS.

Dupree will now serve as a principle game designer at Retro, possibly on the upcoming Metroid Prime 4, however he's not credited as having worked on any previous series instalments.

It's currently unclear if Texas-based Retro is working on any projects in addition to Metroid.

oh fuck yes

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
He's the leader of the pack, you know him well and he's finally back to kick some tail

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, he will do a great job leading others to make fine assets for Zelda games.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Please don't make me wait until I'm pushing 40 for another DKC with Kremlings.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
a14.jpg

is it happening?

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Considering how hard Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair BTFO Retro's DKC they're gonna need all the help they can get for their eventual third game.

Jan 11, 2018
This has been known for a long time now. Keep in mind Dupree was not involved with the Prime series at all. Thankfully the design director on Prime 4 has been their since 2005 though.

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy idea: Modern Retro uses their Prime 4 experience to go ape shit on a very ambitious 3D DK that the Prime 3 Retro would've made, had those leads not left to form Armature. I still feel like we were robbed of a large scale, envelope-pushing, darker (maybe like DKC2) 3D DK game but without those Prime leads, we got a more Madagascar-looking 2D DK game instead. That's just me though.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
So did his time at the other company not work out? Or did Retro offer him mad cash to come back?

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait...is dkc6 the game that Retros been working on this whole time?