• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

PS4 Pro uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1152x1800 and the highest native resolution found being 1920x2160. On PS4 Pro a form of temporal reconstruction is used that can increase the resolution above the natively rendered resolution. The maximum resolution that can be reached with this temporal reconstruction technique on PS4 Pro seems to be 1920x2160. The PS4 Pro appears to downsample from this resolution when outputting at 1080p.

Xbox One X uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2304x1800 and the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160. On Xbox One X a form of temporal reconstruction is used that can increase the resolution above the natively rendered resolution up to 3840x2160.

1sek30.png

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resolution is much much better on Xbox one X it was jarring. Couldn't stand on PS4 pro But better frame rate on PlayStation ? Strange

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would like to know the resolution of this one Xbox One S. It must be 720p in parts. Game is ugly.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The difference between the Pro and X versions was like putting on glasses for the first time. It really is a major leap.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I played the last beta on PS4 Pro (haven't tried this one) and assumed it wasn't Pro enhanced because it was so blurry. It was the one with just the 2v2 mode.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The game is a blurry fest on Xbox One/PS4 & PS4 Pro. The X version looks fine, but still not as sharp as you would expect.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
There must be something weird going on with the reconstruction because on PS4 Pro it doesn't look very sharp at all.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
They should do tests while disabling film grain, motion blurs and dismemberment on console versions

Likely increases performance by a few fps

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
It doesn't look that great to me on PC either
The game is a blurry fest on Xbox One/PS4 & PS4 Pro. The X version looks fine, but still not as sharp as you would expect.

It doesn't look that great to me on PC either. I really thought this game would be a looker.

I dunno, does it even have dynamic resolution support to keep fps capped at 60? All I know is that it seems to run pitifully on my gtx 1060.

I'm using an RTX 2060 and the game doesn't seem that taxing. I'm not hitting 144fps at 1080 Ultra, but I'm hitting above 100 for sure. Playing on an OLED so I capped it at 120fps...however it seems to regularly go over the cap for some reason. Either way, it feels smooth.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Lots of room for improvement. Can't wait to see what the final code performance looks like!

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
X running at literally double the resolution of Pro is impressive, even if the average framerate is slightly less. Another game where the resolution gap is somehow much larger than the power gap between the two consoles.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Having watched the vid in full, X seems to consistently have screen tearing when it drops frames; thankfully it is currently restrained to the upper top third of the screen.

Feb 10, 2018
Looks good on the mid gens, base look pretty good too.
This gen it's a lot more rare to have a game be a shit fest, by last gen standards most games are excellent with iq and performance even on the base.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The visual difference makes up the 2-5 fps drop, easily. And why is PC brought up in a console comparison?

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing the beta on both and the PS4 pro is noticing smoother FPS wise, further to that I'm seeing some screen tearing on the X1X.

That said the X does indeed look sharper.

I had assumed I'd be getting this game in the X at launch but now I don't know - hopefully they improve it by launch.

Feb 10, 2018
Are people really that fussed about the visual differences of the mid gens? whichever one you choose to play on you are going to have a great experience.

It's going to funny next gen seeing people argue over like 50ps or somthing.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
framerate is king.

do what needs doing to get 100% rock solid performance (which means fixing screen tearing too).

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's really strange that the PlayStation 4 Pro mean framerate is significantly higher than the Xbox One X.

It looks like the game could use a little more optimization.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Next gen needs to come. Pro has acceptable performance that let's you wonder about the PS4 amateur while the X renders like a true mid gen console but performs worse.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I hope the X will see some performance improvements and will get rid of the tearing come final release.

Broman1978

Nov 11, 2017
Higher resolution... The small fps loss Will guaranteed be fixed til lauch and the fact that My PS4 Pro sounds like a Airbus 777 makes this an easy choice to play on One X :)

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
The PS4 Pro Beta wasn't in HDR where the Xbox One X Beta was.
HDR on my LG OLED didn't kick in when I started the beta on my PS4 Pro. When I played the Beta on my Xbox One X, the HDR icon popped up.
Graphical difference was pretty big between PS4 Pro (non-HDR) and Xbox One X (HDR enabled)

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I found that it runs wonderfully there...

Although I would like to see Dynamic Res Scaling

I kept having an issue where the fps would tank to 10-20 fps briefly whenever I clicked to spawn, but other than that the fps did hover around 50-70 at max settings. I suppose that's actually probably decent, but the lack of dynamic resolution for fps targets (like Gears 5) hurt. Lots of console games end up getting dynamic resolution or similar, but pc is stuck brute forcing most of the time still.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Definitely going to go with the PC version after trying Ground War on the Pro. Very poor framerate throughout much of the match.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Someone hasn't looked at the framerates.... And the difference is hardly "slightly less" on X.

The Pro is pretty much a solid 60fps, while the X has a mean at basically 50fps.
For TDM the average is 59.97 PS4 Pro vs 59.42 XBX. For ground war it's 53.2 PS4 Pro vs 50.86 XBX. Doesn't look like a huge difference on paper.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I wouldn't really rely on console userbase. If crossplay is turned off by default, I wouldn't advice anyone to turn it on to include PC players except for co-op modes.
On the plus side, PC gamers usually have fast, wired connections, which would be a plus if Activision doesn't provide dedicated servers for every match.

I advise people to experiment to find the crossplay options that give them the best play experience instead of going in with a prejudice.