• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, not even the XB1 can truly handle the major stairway battle at 60 FPS. (The X can.)

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
wow, the original only ran at 585p? holy shit. thats...really low?! and it still ran like shit.
i never noticed the resolution, since i was still rocking a standard def crt when this came out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gen 5, 6, but also early 7 games can sometimes be hard to properly appreciate, especially 3D ones: whereas sprite-based 2D games don't suffer that much from the bad resolution, playing a 3D game on relatively low resolutions without a hint of antialiasing and a muddy look can be hard nowadays. The way these games look and perform on the X is incredible, they are like legitimate remasters with improved performance, better looking graphics, modern features (screenshots, videos, streaming, etc. like in other games), and so on. Fantastic stuff. I'll have to snag a cheap copy sooner or later.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
The 360 was my favorite system of the gen and one of my favorites of all time, but in retrospect its a little hilarious how poorly games ran on it.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Runs great on the X.

I just played through all 4 DMCs, and jumping back into NG will take some time. The momentum and physics feel completely different.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I love the Gaiden series, I'm not sure if I traded this in or kept it, I know I still own the Xbox one, gotta take a look in my old game bag and see if I still have this!

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Well its impossible since the 'enhanced 360 games' only just multiply the original resolution 9x. So if the original resolution is lower than 720p a native 4K is impossible. At least using the current method that is.
I was hoping they could do 16x, but the game's resolution isn't low enough for that (it would have to be 540p) :p

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I knew it was 60 fps locked on X. Played it for hours and didn't notice any drops.
The image quality is insane too, it just looks like a native 4K game.
Based BC team.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Surprised it's not native 4K on the X.

That depends entirely on the resolution of the original game, the emulator scales it 3x on every axis (2x on the base model - EDIT: oops, actually it's nothing on the base model, I confused it with OG Xbox games which are rendered in 16x the resolution on the X, and I believe 4x on the base model). Xbox One X could probably run it in native 4k as well, but that's how the emulator works.

Last edited:

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden 2 looks so damn slick on the X, the image quality difference with the 360 is day and night! And completely locked at 60fps, that's very impressive!

The team responsible for BC at Microsoft is awesome. I only wish that all BC games had X enhancements. It's hard to go back to the jaggies.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what's going on with my play through, but I am playing better on the Xbox One X than I ever have on the 360. I didn't die until the second stage and even then I only died, because I was trying to hoard my healing items.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
wow, the original only ran at 585p? holy shit. thats...really low?! and it still ran like shit.
i never noticed the resolution, since i was still rocking a standard def crt when this came out.
There were a ton of sub-720p games last gen, though most were 600p+, so it's on the low end for sure, but not *entirely* shocking.

Final Fantasy XIII was 576p on 360.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Based BC team! Amazing work, game looks almost current gen on X.

Its more accurate to say that current gen team ninja games look last gen. Nioh and DOA6 are still using the same basic engine and asset creation pipeline they were using back with this game, infact the muramasa model is ripped directly from the Sigma games which was ripped directly from this game

I wish they would actually get up to the time period, but i guess keeping the same set up makes it easier to adhere to prioritizing 60fps..

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely incredible improvement! This BC intiative is the best thing that MS has ever done!

Most major 360 and PS3 games were sub 720p. That was not an uncommon resolution at all.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want to play the staircase fight in 4K 5fps.

I played it pre-patch back in the day and it was one of the most epic feelings I ever had in the 3D-era. It reminded me of slowdown in NES and SNES games like the mine cart jump in Mega Man X, because it wasn't just a slow frame rate the whole game bogged down into slo-mo.

Edit: the greatest of all time