• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The full document's out.

Just a sampling of the gems contained within.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
When Lionel Hutz is a better lawyer...

source.gif

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Doucette is still going at it with Vic cultists on twitter, and I assume it's because he's trying to break the world record for consecutive body bagging.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
The full document's out.

Just a sampling of the gems contained within.
omg

"The defamatory parts of this tweet include the statement that "he gave almost all the women at my job the creeps." Clearly false as he had been working at this company for 15 years and had friends."

HAHAHA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
If this ends up with Ty Beard and co being disbarred for sheer dumbassery after draining all of Vic's money, it's gonna be a better season finale than Chernobyl

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
omg

"The defamatory parts of this tweet include the statement that "he gave almost all the women at my job the creeps." Clearly false as he had been working at this company for 15 years and had friends."

HAHAHA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE

I swear this is so incoherent and stupid that for a moment I actually thought my english has gotten worse

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also I can't stop laughing at the idiots responding to Doucette on twitter

I know the law and this guy is no super lawyer, do you even law bro?!

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best GoFundMe I've seen due to the sheer absurdity of it all. If vic's paid money out of pocket outside of the GoFundMe.... I'll need that bender laugh gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Between listing his NRA membership on his profile, taking on this SLAPP case, and instantly begging for people to dox the guy that shows him up, I get the sense that Ty Beard only became a lawyer to intimidate people. Like, he's too much of a loser to do it the old fashioned way and beat people up himself so he's like "oh, I'll just have the legal system to as threatening as I want to be".

Probably got his MENSA membership by trying to steal candy from a baby, failing, and the baby's MENSA member mother feeling bad and giving him her card as a consolation prize.

"I thought I didn't understand this case because it made no sense. I realize now I understand this case: it makes no sense" is like the perfect fucking koan
It's actually pretty wild. When the lawsuit was first published and I was going through that, I was thinking "well, there's no mention of breach of contract, so they're suing Funimation solely for vicarious liability. But which contracts are they alleging were interfered with? If it's not with Funimation, is it with the conventions?"

But it wasn't until Doucette pointed out that they didn't specify and contracts that it occurs to me that maybe they were supposed to tell me that. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what the contracts they were talking about were because I was running on the assumption that the document I was reading wasn't just made by an incompetent.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Probably got his MENSA membership by trying to steal candy from a baby, failing, and the baby's MENSA member mother feeling bad and giving him her card as a consolation prize.

Haha, yeah if anyone asked I would say that just about any old yahoo can be a MENSA member with only a little effort but it's nothing like this guy to really drive that point home formally.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually pretty wild. When the lawsuit was first published and I was going through that, I was thinking "well, there's no mention of breach of contract, so they're suing Funimation solely for vicarious liability. But which contracts are they alleging were interfered with? If it's not with Funimation, is it with the conventions?"

But it wasn't until Doucette pointed out that they didn't specify and contracts that it occurs to me that maybe they were supposed to tell me that. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what the contracts they were talking about were because I was running on the assumption that the document I was reading wasn't just made by an incompetent.
Reading through stuff I believe they are trying to claim all future work as potential contracts that have been interfered with. Which as far as I know isn't really how you dispute a contract issue.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
JESUS WOULDN'T DEFAME VIC. I can't.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth: it is not peace I have come to bring, but a sword."
Matthew 10:34

Did...did I just witness an actual lawyer call on Kiwifarms?

I'm at a loss for words. Can he get disbarred for thsi?

I don't know if calling for doxxing is actually illegal, honestly. But I believe you're automatically disbarred if you commit a felony, so if it's not unthinkable that if he keeps up this sort of behaviour that will eventually result.

"I thought I didn't understand this case because it made no sense. I realize now I understand this case: it makes no sense" is like the perfect fucking koan

I have tried debating with some of these people over the last month, I've tried everything asking questions from a position of neutrality to pointing out outright stupidity and they're fully impenetrable.

This was never about the truth, this was about protection from social progress. Misguided people who think equality equals oppression to the point they'll stake all they have on it.

This is not a fight you can win by changing their minds, all we can do is stamp it out where we can.

There was a quote mentioned in the Doucette tweet chain that sums this up perfectly. Funny enough, it comes from a lawyer, Edward Koch. "I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you."

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
So I've popped into this thread routinely and always left it angry and sad. And yet I'd come back.

Boy, it finally paid off. This is phenomenal. Watching people try their bullshit on, like, actual lawyers is amazing.

I wonder if Vic is just watching this go down and just going through the most intense embarrassment. I really hope so.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There was a quote mentioned in the Doucette tweet chain that sums this up perfectly. Funny enough, it comes from a lawyer, Edward Koch. "I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you."
Snappy, I like it. I wonder if the loss in court will make any of them think.

I really hope all this focus somehow exposes Vic further, too.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Reading through stuff I believe they are trying to claim all future work as potential contracts that have been interfered with. Which as far as I know isn't really how you dispute a contract issue.
I'd have to look through it again, but I believe they referred to both future and current contracts. I assumed that the current contracts were with conventions because no breach of contract with Funimation was alleged - but that's the thing, I had to make the assumption because it wasn't actually specified as far as I could see.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
So I've popped into this thread routinely and always left it angry and sad. And yet I'd come back.

Boy, it finally paid off. This is phenomenal. Watching people try their bullshit on, like, actual lawyers is amazing.

I wonder if Vic is just watching this go down and just going through the most intense embarrassment. I really hope so.
I'm in the same boat. I can't believe Greg is still going. It's practically a never ending stream of tweets and replies at this point.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, the document's not anywhere near as long as I thought it'd be. Don't even really have to comb through it.

Your claim that he whispered something "sexual in nature" to you is purely fantasy and is false because you can't remember what he said.

Memory is not a tape recorder, and it would be bad if the legal system treated it as if it was.

Furthermore, you call Mr. Mignogna "a predator." This is defamatory and false because thre has never been a criminal action against M. Mignogna where a court determined that he was a predator to anyone.

I'm pretty sure "predator" isn't even a legal term. They're thinking of "sex offender". Maybe "sexually violent predator", which is more specific than the general term.

This just implies that he is the worst kind of criminal and he clearly, as evidenced by thousands of fans who respect and admire him, is not the truth.

What. Not only does the proof have nothing to do with the conclusion, but what does "he clearly is not the truth" mean? Did they forget what they were saying halfway through their sentence?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure "predator" isn't even a legal term. They're thinking of "sex offender".
I laugued at a tweet (sadly can't find it now) that was saying something along the lines of ''You called my client a ''predator''. This is defamatory and false because you can't prove he is a extraterrestrial being that came down to earth to hunt humans''.

but what does "he clearly is not the truth" mean?
Freudian slip.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that guy just has "is false because" macro'd on his keyboard at this point.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically waiting for one of these losers to make a death threat or try something crazy with Doucette or any of the other legal professionals having a laugh over this. If they continue to get smacked down like this in public over and over they're only gonna have their final recourse when all else fails which is threats and intimidation.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that guy just has "is false because" macro'd on his keyboard at this point.

Page 1:
Mignogna regarding false, misleading and
defamatory and false but purely

Page 2:
creeps." Clearly false as he
and is false because you
defamatory and false. You indicate
statement is false. Furthermore, you
defamatory and false because there
too is false. There is
defamatory and false because Mr.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
"Well, what does a 'lawyer' know about law anyways? I think I'll trust Asunashusbando1488 for my legal advice, thank you very much."

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

seems someone posted a clip and a lawyer is now pointing out how it might be a crime :P

same guys response to the full document

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so I don't know if this has been brought up before but the Lawyers are having a laugh that he copy and pasted the definition of defamation on his website from the cornell wiki

ZaB36AE.png

vs

agPRhJ3.png

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017