• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Amir0x wasn't even a mod when they found out he was a pedophile. He had been demodded long ago (years?) because he was caught editing old posts to win dumb internet arguments. So that's an incident on a site that isn't this one, about a member of a mod team that shares no staff with this site, who was no longer a member of the mod team at the time of the incident, who was permabanned and called out by just about the entire forum.

As for people mocking this site, in the early days Era was brigaded by straight up Neo-Nazis and it still has burner accounts being made by questionable folks - there was a thread a while ago wherein some guy made multiple burner accounts because the thread was dismissing lolicons as pedophiles and he was angry about it. So I find it hard to care about cheap heat from awful human beings when that much is nothing new.

Last edited:

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
Still surprised at how much support Vic has— at anime matsuri right now and the line for him was some 100-200 long. Do people just not care or is it ignorance? Sorry, genuinely surprised.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
According to the tweet Era has some secret discord or something.
That actually was SalesERA and not some secret server

Anyway, some banned person tries to get revenge by creating drama. They've been doing mental gymnastics and taking quotes out of context trying to make people sound like pedos.

Funnily enough, even KotakuInAction doesn't buy it and apparently deletes threads about it as bullshit (got linked one thread there and haven't bothered to check the rest so YMMV). I've been told the reaction on KF/chans was similar, so it's just GAF and random Twitter posts. Doesn't stop them from trying to dox the staff, tho. :-/

Oct 25, 2017
There's new drama today.
It's located on neogaf.

To sum up: a discord may exist/have existed wherein some member-users said questionable things, and the era staff didn't.....nuke the discord server which they don't own or manage....and that's bad.
You can search for random closed threads on et cetera for the staff response.

Yeah, I just went and looked into it and I hope these dudes stretched before they reached with this crap.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That actually was SalesERA and not some secret server

Anyway, some banned person tries to get revenge by creating drama. They've been doing mental gymnastics and taking quotes out of context trying to make people sound like pedos.

Funnily enough, even KotakuInAction doesn't buy it and apparently deletes threads about it as bullshit (got linked one thread there and haven't bothered to check the rest so YMMV). I've been told the reaction on KF/chans was similar, so it's just GAF and random Twitter posts. Doesn't stop them from trying to dox the staff, tho. :-/
I should have mentioned that I don't take what that twitter said seriously.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting the fucking lawyer's autograph is just the most tragic shit ever.

There was a mod on GAF back in the day who turned out to be a pedo. My guess it has something to do with that

Actually I was just reading something about this today and wondered whether there'd been a thread or anything.

Sounds like it's about some screenshots from an Era discord or whatever showing some members of Era talking about Waifu/Loli animu shit being weaponised by some asshole who got permabanned (Seemingly for being an alt-right POS) to go on a mission of vengeance against this place. I dunno the finer details but I gather that this person contacted Cerium(?) demanding the people in the Discord be banned from Era because loli shit gets people banned here or something. Cerium says no and asshole is now telling everyone who'll listen that Era protects pedos and the usual suspects are only too happy to run with it... including, ironically, Vic stans like Yellowflash it seems.

edit: Ah... I see I'm late to the party on this one. Others put it better than me.

bighugeguns

Banned
Feb 21, 2019
This business is quite dodgy, some very strange associations about. I'm not entirely sure the right signals are being sent here.

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
How has nobody said this...

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING PANTS IS VIC WEARING JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HE DRESSES LIKE A SHITTY ANIME CHARACTER

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wait so people are getting autographs from Ty Beard? But at Anime Matsuri? What does that event sound so familiar to me. I feel like someone I knew went there once. I'll ask her.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
So apparently YellowFlash is attacking this site and calling it cancer. Should we be offended?

giphy.gif

bighugeguns

Banned
Feb 21, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Persistent Malicious Trolling
All you lot, think long and hard before posting here. This thread is being heavily watched. You ultimately represent the entity, you would do well to remember that.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Amir0x wasn't even a mod when they found out he was a pedophile. He had been demodded long ago (years?) because he was caught editing old posts to win dumb internet arguments. So that's an incident on a site that isn't this one, about a member of a mod team that shares no staff with this site, who was no longer a member of the mod team at the time of the incident, who was permabanned and called out by just about the entire forum.

As for people mocking this site, in the early days Era was brigaded by straight up Neo-Nazis and it still has burner accounts being made by questionable folks - there was a thread a while ago wherein some guy made multiple burner accounts because the thread was dismissing lolicons as pedophiles and he was angry about it. So I find it hard to care about cheap heat from awful human beings when that much is nothing new.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Someone got sick of his shit and produced a rather detailed set of receipts showing him editing his old posts and pretty much ended him as a mod right then and there.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
All you lot, think long and hard before posting here. This thread is being heavily watched. You ultimately represent the entity, you would do well to remember that.

Nah. Not going to hide my disdain for Vic and his incompetent lawyers just because there's a risk of his cowardly followers might take offense. Fuck 'em.

bighugeguns

Banned
Feb 21, 2019
Sake of the site? What is this big concern? They were already going to come in here and claim "THE SJWS ARE RUINING THINGS". Why should people here have to police their speech about denouncing terrible people?
You know what, go ahead, let the mods sort out this mess. I can see you lot are hellbent on ruining the place.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay this is getting weird now.

Let's just focus on the thread at hand. Whatever other people offsite think of us isn't going to matter much in the long run if we can't comment our thoughts on the matter.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
People have been calling these shits out for their terrible behavior for months and only just now there's gonna be trouble?