• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
It's always been there, the only reason it seems worse now is because the internet allows it to be seen. I think it's important to remember that these people are in the minority, they are just extremely loud and practically make it their jobs to be loud about this stuff online. Look at the Vic stans on twitter, they practically tweet about this nonstop all day.
Yeah. That tends to be the most annoying thing about these people. It's less about how many of them there are and more about how they often use up all of their free time (which can be a lot if they don't have a job or aren't in education) on this shit instead of other responsibilities, hanging out with friends, enjoying stuff they like, or just other normal stuff.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sad sack trying to butter up to Elon Musk.

06c2cf60-2b1e-49a3-abk1jdj.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
from what I've read on Era Musk seems like a bit of an asshole himself, but lol at Vic's attempted attention grab

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plus, after the way Musk went off at that English rescue diver a while back I doubt he's likely to be fond of creepy old perverts.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I rewatched Broly in Japanese and English. Vic's screams have nothing on Bin (Broly's Japanese VA)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
just have Schemmel play Broly from now on tbh, best screams in the business

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Musk is a giant piece of shit, so it's not surprising that a desperate giant piece of shit is trying to reach out to a rich giant piece of shit.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
So do we think Vic is hoping Musk will help with funding his lawsuit once the Sony lawyers get involved? Or does he actually think there will positive press coming out of their association if he gets a response?

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So do we think Vic is hoping Musk will help with funding his lawsuit once the Sony lawyers get involved? Or does he actually think there will positive press coming out of their association if he gets a response?
I think it's unrelated to the lawsuit, I think he just wants to use his clout "as Ed" (lol, something tells me Musk watches subs-only) to get in good with someone famous.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
scum bag lawyers often hold out on payment and just drag shit on purpose till they get a payday via a settlement once the big company gets tired of spending money on fighting. This likely has no goal other than trying to get Funi to cut them a big check to go away

Fuck them. It's especially fucking gross that not only is that likely their goal, but it would more than likely result in him getting exonerated in the eyes of his followers. No, he needs to be made an example of in the biggest fucking way possible.

Edit: He has a good grift going with scamming alt-right chuds and incels. Anything less than a courtroom beating is a COLOSSAL win for him since it would exonerate him in the eyes of his cult followers and the alt-right. Him getting shellacked in court will just result in them building some nonsense narrative about this going so deep as to have been done by Sony or something or other. This is about damaging those that stood against him as much as he possibly can and parts of the anime fandom are more than happy to oblige him in this.

Just in case anyone is curious why this is getting so much traction and fervor in the fandom is due to a high profile ongoing anime about a "good honest man" who has his life ruined by a lying woman who accused him of sexual assault and her blind white knight followers called Rising of the Shield Hero. Yes people have made this connection including both fan art and petitions for Vic to voice the titular Shield Hero.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not gonna pretend I fully understand, but apparently this is a previous thing that Beard was involved in...?

More info: https://www.leagle.com/decision/intxco20190306938
Iiiiinteresting.

Given Beard and Blackface Lawyer seem to be friends, I'm not surprised.

Edit: As an aside, I listened to a podcast yesterday about conspiracy theories. History of them, how they come about, and such. Honestly this whole case is a microcosm of that. Like, how conspiracy theorists see a problem- in this case "guy accused of many counts of harassment"- and rather than go with the simple answer that just so happens to put the structures in place into question, they concoct something that lets what they see as the status quo persist. In this case you can say the simple "gee, the entertainment industry is kinda fucked, we should do more to protect women workers and fans alike" vs. "no, obviously this is a decade old scheme by the powers that be to excise this singular popular voice actor".

Conspiracy theories also tend to have no real motive for why their "villains" do what they do, or when they do, there's no motive for the motive or the motive is easily explained away. Which is what we can see here. "Oh, people are jealous of Vic because he's a great actor"; why oust him then, isn't he more valuable as an ally and asset, isn't it harmful to remove someone who's truly doing no harm, and not JUST for PR reasons? "Oh, they wanted his job"; but he had no job that could reasonably be taken by those accusing him. "Oh it's because he's a devout Christian"; so is Caitlin Glass (to the point she helped Vic out earlier on with a couple of his Sunday service panels) and she's standing behind the victims. "Oh they just don't like him"; Why don't they, for other than the reasons above, and how is it unreasonable to not want to work with him for other reasons, like say, him being an asshole or a creep?

I'd link but it's behind a patreon paywall, lol. I hated how I linked it to this situation when the conspiracy theories talked about a lot more seriously impacted history as a whole, but I couldn't help but see the connection.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna pretend I fully understand, but apparently this is a previous thing that Beard was involved in...?

More info: https://www.leagle.com/decision/intxco20190306938

Yeah, saw this earlier. Beard seems to have filed falsified court papers with a prosecution team to get access to documents his firm had no legal right to or something like that. Whatever it was, Beard's firm ended up being forced to pay all of the Prosecution's legal costs after they got caught out. Shady shit.

Watching the defense force try to pretend they understood this situation was a fucking riot at least. Though I do feel sorry for Renfamous having to cop a lot of shit over putting this up.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Saw that one person resorted to going with "and your Kickstarted isn't funded!" as an insult towards Renfamous there.

I checked and it's at like $23k out of... $25k, with 17 days to go. Not the best insult to begin with but even more pathetic considering that, lol.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Scrolling through the thread, it seems like Beard wasn't the one who handed in the forged subpoena. He may have been privy to it, but unless I missed something there's nothing that outright suggests that. Still sketchy though.
Maybe not, but I understand it came from an E-mail address attached to his firm...? I think...?

I totally confess to only understanding this so far, so you guys discuss amongst yourselves.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Maybe not, but I understand it came from an E-mail address attached to his firm...? I think...?

I totally confess to only understanding this so far, so you guys discuss amongst yourselves.
Yeah it was definitely his firm, but for whatever reason the documents specifically state that it was Dougherty, another lawyer there. At least, that's what it says in some screenshots in the thread. I'm definitely not gonna pretend I know anything about it otherwise.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Again, Penders actually had a case.

I don't think they have much of a case here. They're just hoping for a settlement. It'll have the dual payoff of giving Vic and Beard a big paycheck, and be able to be weaponized as "proof" Vic did nothing wrong.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
In her thirty-eighth issue, Deborah complains that the trial court erred in sanctioning her attorneys because the order cites to Rule 215.3, which authorizes sanctions against a party, not counsel. In her forty-first issue, Deborah asserts the trial court abused its discretion by ordering that all of her attorneys are jointly and severally liable when Daugherty alone sent the fake subpoena. She argues that there is no evidence that attorneys Ty Beard, Donald Harris, or Jim E. Bullock7 prepared, signed or sent the complained-of document, and there is no direct relationship between the sanction and any improper conduct by those attorneys.

Deborah filed a motion to modify the sanctions order but did not include either of these complaints. When an attorney fails to complain of the sanction and fails to ask the trial court to reconsider its actions, the attorney waives any complaint about the trial court's action. TEX. R. APP. P. 33.1; Victory Energy Corp. v. Oz Gas Corp., 461 S.W.3d 159, 181 (Tex. App.-El Paso 2014, pet. denied); Howell v. Tex. Workers' Comp. Comm'n, 143 S.W.3d 416, 450 (Tex. App.-Austin 2004, pet. denied). We overrule Deborah's thirty-eighth and forty-first issues.

So it was most likely just the other lawyer, but with everyone else's names on the email too. But they didn't actually (properly?) try to correct who was blamed for it even after they were all punished for it.

So might be a bit off to say he was the one who did it, but legally he failed to avoid responsibility for it, so...

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's unrelated to the lawsuit, I think he just wants to use his clout "as Ed" (lol, something tells me Musk watches subs-only) to get in good with someone famous.

I'm not sure how anything he could be doing right now would be entirely unrelated to the lawsuit. He doesn't have a career anymore and seems to think the lawsuit will somehow fix that for him. Getting in good with someone famous feels connected to wanting to salvage his career while pandering to his new followers.

Not that it's entirely possible to understand how his mind works. He's equal parts horrible and self-destructive.

doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
I'm not sure how anything he could be doing right now would be entirely unrelated to the lawsuit. He doesn't have a career anymore and seems to think the lawsuit will somehow fix that for him. Getting in good with someone famous feels connected to wanting to salvage his career while pandering to his new followers.

Not that it's entirely possible to understand how his mind works. He's equal parts horrible and self-destructive.

It's about becoming a "victim to the cabal" and thus a martyr to incels and the alt-right so he can have a guaranteed grift once this is all over and MAYBE even get lucky with a settlement. No matter what happens, this is NOT the last we've seen or heard of him by a LONGSHOT.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Again, Penders actually had a case.

I don't think they have much of a case here. They're just hoping for a settlement. It'll have the dual payoff of giving Vic and Beard a big paycheck, and be able to be weaponized as "proof" Vic did nothing wrong.
I hate to be off topic here but I've seen it multiple times in the topic, How did Penders have a case?

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
So... I don't think Vic is going to win this lawsuit.

Imagine for a moment that someone at your work was grabbing their co-worker's hair and whispering seductively into their ears. And several of your co-workers told the management about this. They would be fired. Otherwise you and your friends could sue the workplace for creating a hostile work environment.

People seem to think that because there's no proof that he molested fans at conventions, that there's no proof that there was sexual misconduct in the work place. And that's not true. Funimation has every right to fire him.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Archie being inept is an understatement. How did he manage to file trademarks under Archie and Sega's nose?
Honestly I don't think the higher ups at either company really cared about what went on with the comic as long as it kept selling. I think I heard there was a lot of internal drama at Archie too but I honestly can't remember. I know that Sega was barely involved until the infamous "Sonic crying" cover where they stepped in and Penders got fired.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Honestly I don't think the higher ups at either company really cared about what went on with the comic as long as it kept selling. I think I heard there was a lot of internal drama at Archie too but I honestly can't remember. I know that Sega was barely involved until the infamous "Sonic crying" cover where they stepped in and Penders got fired.
There was a Sonic crying cover? Wha-

Well, hopefully Sega learned their lesson and has a tighter grip with IDW. They should own Whisper, Tangle, Rough, and Tough in the same way they own Sticks the Badger and Sally.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
images

Someone at Sega found it sand the company stepped in to intervene. That's ultimately how we got Ian Flynn.
That... Is super cringey. You gotta wonder what non-fans thought when they saw Sonic crying on the shelf Lol

Ian Flynn's a good guy. I reached out to him about wanting to write comics at IDW after I graduated college and he sent me a very heartfelt email back. From what my comic store tells me, they're happy to have Sonic back. It's their highest selling series.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
So... I don't think Vic is going to win this lawsuit.

Imagine for a moment that someone at your work was grabbing their co-worker's hair and whispering seductively into their ears. And several of your co-workers told the management about this. They would be fired. Otherwise you and your friends could sue the workplace for creating a hostile work environment.

People seem to think that because there's no proof that he molested fans at conventions, that there's no proof that there was sexual misconduct in the work place. And that's not true. Funimation has every right to fire him.

That's not what he's suing for though. With the same example it would be him suing the coworkers for defaming him and getting him fired and attaching the company to the lawsuit to get more money out of it.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
That's not what he's suing for though. With the same example it would be him suing the coworkers for defaming him and getting him fired and attaching the company to the lawsuit to get more money out of it.
What is he suing for then? I don't understand how you can be fired for sexual misconduct and sue the very people you victimized or the place you victimized your co-workers at.