• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Found this in the twitter thread. Very apt.

Indeed, pretty much sums it for any stan really, but for this case ohsomuch.

What stands out to me the most is how just divorced from reality people who defend Vic really are. Kaplan explains how he was not okay with how unprofessional Vic is, right down to telling a story about how Vic decided to mount him during a panel for shits and giggles, and you got Vic's Stans rushing to his defense accusing Kaplan of trying to make Vic look bad.

Fucking what?

No one is safe from Vic's illogical fans.

Looks like Raleigh cancelled Vic, he's not listed on their website either.

He's off the Florida site too, Todd should watch his back as the allegations against him haven't snowballed, YET.

Both Laura and her husband have worked extensively with Vic on FMA alone. Also looks like Troy Baker worked with Vic on Tsubasa Chronicles. I think the people really big in the industry are keeping their traps shut. Both Troy and Laura have bigger things to deal with instead of catching fallout from this shit.

Perhaps, though from my perspective, they tend to shy away from a number of issues in the VA industry. Not like I want to force them to issue a statement, but I think a comment from them could certainly make a difference, though Mewshuji does bring up a good point:

Honestly I can't blame bigger names like Laura for not speaking out. It's a tightrope walk to deal with a known problem among even those in the industry but had to keep quiet due to shitty, conservative oversight. Like then, it was keep their livelihood or say something. Now they could speak, but it'd in turn make them look bad to some for not have saying something sooner who don't realize they didn't have a choice, which is really shitty.

It's heartening when people like that do speak out or support victims in smaller ways. Stephanie Sheh is a fairly prominent VA who's liked a few of the KickVic posts, and as a huge fan of hers who has had someone close to them affected by Vic it's nice to see that. And I know Monica Rial pretty much vocally (er, textually) supported Neil Kaplan after making a vaguer post about believing victims of harassment or sexual abuse in general.

Yea, it's understandable that they were not able to speak out about it back then and now that they can, people might not be as understanding and give them flack for it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Though I am happy to see the stealth support coming from other VAs, it's great to see them supporting the victims.

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps, though from my perspective, they tend to shy away from a number of issues in the VA industry. Not like I want to force them to issue a statement, but I think a comment from them could certainly make a difference, though Mewshuji does bring up a good point:
I think Todd Haberkorn pretty much paved the way for people to shut up to be honest. I'd be fine with them condemning him too, but at the end of the day this is how they put food on the table and if something got traced back to them or increased the amount of harassment They'd get I'd understand keeping quiet.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
The Rangers fanclub actually started a while ago now ('bout a decade) when Vic first made waves in FMA as Ed. Many of them at that period were very young, and several big names/staff are supposedly still members nearly a decade on, but a big draw to these kinds of assemblies are, of course, the teens and YA's, which is what I presume comprise a decent chunk of their 'ranks' today.

They're known for being one of the most devoted followings in the VA biz and con circuit. Other 'fanclubs' have come and gone but Vic's remains quite active, not the least of reasons being his iconic faith. They even used to conduct Bible studies together iirc. It's that kind of unit.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on responding on a comment of support on Jessie Pridemore's Facebook post, but decided against it because of this. FB is using my real name and photo. Didn't want to get doxxed.

I was planning on liking comments of support for Jessie Pridemore on her Facebook post but decided not to because of Vic's fans, I too did not want to be doxxed. I have heard of Vic's fans doxxing people who have said negative things about Vic.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, was posted earlier in the thread that she was going up to bat for him on Facebook.

Keep in mind Vic is like 57 so his mom is likely in her 70s-80s.
mxx9uBx.jpg

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
And I know Monica Rial pretty much vocally (er, textually) supported Neil Kaplan after making a vaguer post about believing victims of harassment or sexual abuse in general.

Yep, looks like she's pretty much all in now. I was looking through her feed and she fucking snapped and went off on the Vic defender that's been harassing people on twitter all day.

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, looks like she's pretty much all in now. I was looking through her feed and she fucking snapped and went off on the Vic defender that's been harassing people on twitter all day.

Why doesn't this Vic defender have a job? That's just sad. I don't spend all day defending shit on Twitter let alone defending a borderline pedophilic abusive ass clown.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People on Twitter, "I wanna see evidence"... like what it you want to see a creepy old dude touch kids Innapropately? Da fuk.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
I have trouble understanding how literally anyone can defend him. I recall hearing stories about his shitty behavior all the way back in 2009/2010. Dude's a bonafide grade A creepster in addition to being an all-around asshole. He needs to go.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People on Twitter, "I wanna see evidence"... like what it you want to see a creepy old dude touch kids Innapropately? Da fuk.
I've yet to see anybody actually clarify what they mean by "evidence". Guess all those pictures and testimonies aren't evidence enough, they need to swab some of Vic's DNA off a girl's face.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine other ADR studios (Funimation, Sentai, Bang Zoom) are probably going to follow suit soon. It normally takes one company to do it first before the rest will.
I've said it a few times before, but I think Funimation is just waiting for the theatrical release of Broly to finish before dumping him. I believe this is the final week.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also vic is in the new bubsy game
imagine IF this is his last thing he's in before out of work for good

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
So this guy is Broly in the latest movie, right? If Funimation drops him, I wonder if they'll get a new English dub actor for when the Blu-Ray releases.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Good.
This should hopefully shut the RWBY section of the Vic defenders up, but it probably won't...

So this guy is Broly in the latest movie, right? If Funimation drops him, I wonder if they'll get a new English dub actor for when the Blu-Ray releases.
As much as I'd like them to and think they should (redub FMA and Ouran too), I'm not expecting it in the slightest. Reason being he works non-union, so it's not as if he gets residuals for Broly anyway. One would only be supporting him by buying it insomuch as they'd hear him and nothing more, so if they cut ties with him they're probably not afraid of boycott.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not like buying the blu-ray would support him, he's non union so he wont get residuals

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Is it bad that I'm glad RT fired him, but that I wish it hadn't've come to this (by which I mean, I wish he wasn't a sexual predator) because I actually liked him as Qrow, and I worry what it means for the series?