• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
8PPuRnQ.png

wut
I don't think that's how voice acting works

Also stop promoting trolls please. I made it an image so the original uploader doesn't get views off his shit.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh I'd imagine that would be quite the list, they could probably a lot of it in this very thread.

Tails by far has the worst VA of the Sonic Adventure games, and that's saying something. It was even worse in Heroes.

Thankfully when 4Kids took over they had a woman play him, and that has carried on through the series even after they switched casts again. He sounds a little girly at times but at least they can act.

(Not to rag on the kids, but maybe should have gone with someone with more experience?)

Plus the whole thing with child actors is that their voices change, which is why it is always easier to cast a female VA in those roles. Though I think the Adventure/Heroes VA for Amy was also fairly young at the time and her voice is now different than what it was then.

I'd imagine the whole using a child actor was Yuji Naka/Sonic Team's idea (or they at least something that they agree upon) which is weird because the Japanese VAs that they picked for Tails were women.

You need to have only the most perfect, quality voice acting when you're localizing the master piece of animation Beyblade, where they curse and there is blood.

and are made of metal and are more dangerous than ever.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
So, this is bugging me, right? And you guys can totally course correct me if I'm way off base.

But somebody shared this video of Vic doing the famous "Coffee Line" as Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. He has done it with girls countless times. This video came off unsettling for a few reasons, because he tells fathers to leave the room, then asks the girl if her dad is there, and when she says no, he says, "Thank God."

Now, with that PARTICULAR girl in mind, she says she was of age, and when she showed her parents that video, they were glad she got to meet him. She still likes Vic. Okay, fine, whatever, she's allowed her opinion (although I think she's still starstruck).

The problem is that this isn't the only time he has asked if somebody's father was there, and when they say, "No," THAT is when he says, "Okay, let's do the line."

And all the while, in all these videos, he mocks the people that think that there's actually something, I dunno, WRONG about this. Says it's okay because it's happening in the open and the girls are asking him to do it.

And like... it's not just me, right? Like, if an underage person ASKS you to do something sexual with them that may or may not cross the line, it's okay because they asked you to? How many other boundaries does he cross because somebody asked him to do it? Mind you, in all of these videos, he NEVER asks how old the girls are. He NEVER asks for parental permission.

And given the words we've heard from other industry professionals that he has said before:

...then what the hell else is he willing to do just because somebody asked him to, without verifying either their age or the consent of the parent?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So, this is bugging me, right? And you guys can totally course correct me if I'm way off base.

But somebody shared this video of Vic doing the famous "Coffee Line" as Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. He has done it with girls countless times. This video came off unsettling for a few reasons, because he tells fathers to leave the room, then asks the girl if her dad is there, and when she says no, he says, "Thank God."

Now, with that PARTICULAR girl in mind, she says she was of age, and when she showed her parents that video, they were glad she got to meet him. She still likes Vic. Okay, fine, whatever, she's allowed her opinion (although I think she's still starstruck).

The problem is that this isn't the only time he has asked if somebody's father was there, and when they say, "No," THAT is when he says, "Okay, let's do the line."

And all the while, in all these videos, he mocks the people that think that there's actually something, I dunno, WRONG about this. Says it's okay because it's happening in the open and the girls are asking him to do it.

And like... it's not just me, right? Like, if an underage person ASKS you to do something sexual with them that may or may not cross the line, it's okay because they asked you to? How many other boundaries does he cross because somebody asked him to do it? Mind you, in all of these videos, he NEVER asks how old the girls are. He NEVER asks for parental permission.

And given the words we've heard from other industry professionals that he has said before:

...then what the hell else is he willing to do just because somebody asked him to, without verifying either their age or the consent of the parent?

I think you know the answer to that question.

rape

Oct 25, 2017

Don't think you're off base at all. It's clear this creep will say anything to justify himself.

Oct 25, 2017

The women at these cons are young enough to be his daughters, at some point as an advanced age adult you need to draw some boundaries, which he doesn't.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Had to unsub from a subreddit I used to be pretty active in (r/animedubs) because of course they got brigaded by alt right assholes from The_Dumbass and KiA.

Feb 5, 2019
Do you think it's safe to say that Vic probably won't be invited to any more cons this year? I'm tempted to contact my local comic con and suggest to the con staff that they shouldn't invite him. Vic hasn't been to my local comic con in a few years, which is reassuring. My guess is that staff members of my local comic con have already heard about the allegations against Vic since they (the allegations) have made national news.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017

You're not off base at all. Vic is predatory scum.

And as I haven't said so before, I echo others here and thank you for everything that you have done.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think it's safe to say that Vic probably won't be invited to any more cons this year? I'm tempted to contact my local comic con and suggest to the con staff that they shouldn't invite him. Vic hasn't been to my local comic con in a few years, which is reassuring. My guess is that staff members of my local comic con have already heard about the allegations against Vic since they (the allegations) have made national news.

I think that's a fairly safe assumption. AM is the only one that still has him on IIRC, most other cons don't want the bad publicity. You can still contact them but if he hasn't been invited in years it's probably safe to say they aren't going to go out of their way now.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Most major cons are likely not going to invite him anymore at least, smaller cons still might due to the following he still brings...or they don't care about the accusations.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have a fucking aneurysm because of these pebble brains.

Where the hell did this "Monica got Vic's job" thing even come from?

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I'm going to have a fucking aneurysm because of these pebble brains.

Where the hell did this "Monica got Vic's job" thing even come from?

Didn't ANN remove that pic upon Casey's request? As your reply points out, that hardly negates the rest of the evidence/testimonies.

LOL @ the conspiracy theories being as baseless as ever. What role would she even take: Broly? Ed? Laughable. These knuckleheads are doing a fantastic job of proving why women don't come forward.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, someone citing Shield Hero as a shining example of accuser truthfulness just as predicted

EDIT: Tweet removed, but this quote preserved the content:

"Let's try to make #PrincessMalty a thing."
"Anyone who accuses w/o evidence or a police report shall be known as a #PrincessMalty!"

Considering that the character is later legally renamed Bitch, you might as well skip the middleman and be honest about your misogyny.

Shield Hero was a mistake and I wish I was principled enough to cancel my Crunchyroll sub over their part in funding it

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't ANN remove that pic upon Casey's request? As your reply points out, that hardly negates the rest of the evidence/testimonies.

LOL @ the conspiracy theories being as baseless as ever. What role would she even take: Broly? Ed? Laughable. These knuckleheads are doing a fantastic job of proving why women don't come forward.
It gets better, now he's posting that image that "proves" that victims are photoshopping evidence when it's actually an image that shows the opposite.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, someone citing Shield Hero as a shining example of accuser truthfulness just as predicted

Shield Hero was a mistake and I wish I was principled enough to cancel my Crunchyroll sub over their part in funding it

fun fact the woman's enslaved and murdered as revenge in the story

weird how they left that part out huh

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I've never heard of this "Coffee Line" before but this is sick.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017

Where's that thread where anyone criticizing shield hero is a part of the problem that makes recruitment easier for the alt right?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Literally never heard of this show before (out of the loop on modern anime) so I looked it up. Absolutely disgusting. Fuck Crunchyroll, Funi, and anyone else involved in anything to do with it.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

WTF is wrong with people. I have never heard of Shield Hero and I hope I never do.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I knew when I heard about Shield Hero's concept that it would cause trouble, I just didn't expect it to happen so directly or quickly.

This plotline is ridiculous.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I've not seen any Shield Hero, and am almost totally unfamiliar with the series beyond its name, but that sounds absolutely pathetic.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Just read up on Shield Hero. WHAT THE FUCK. That's disgusting... I even read deeper and found out that the women that accused the main character is later renamed "Bitch/Slut/Whore" and is sold into slavery where she is raped, mutilated, and ultimately killed. This is beyond fucked, how could Crunchyroll and Funimation agree to this series?

What's worse is it seems like people defend it by saying "The author is a woman, so it's not misogynistic!" Nevermind the fact no one knows that for a fact and are basing it entirely on pen-name that could be feminine, that still isn't how that works!

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Seems there hasn't been an actual statement from Funimation, just that Polygon is running an article based on the already known fact that Vic was removed and recast from the Mononokean dub.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's old news, I'm glad to see a big site like Polygon report on it. I hope more and more big sites report on it, as it lowers the chance of companies trying to "lay low and waiting for things to calm down." This news needs to be out there in full force, forcing companies hands to drop this piece of shit.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Keep this in mind. Just because you're successful, don't think you can get away with stuff like this, it will bite you in the ass and destroy you. All these people thought they could get away with doing stuff like this.

How wrong they were.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"Let's try to make #PrincessMalty a thing."
"Anyone who accuses w/o evidence or a police report shall be known as a #PrincessMalty!"

Considering that the character is later legally renamed Bitch, you might as well skip the middleman and be honest about your misogyny.

Oct 25, 2017
I just read the plot to Shield Hero on the wiki page and fucking YIKES.
Fuck it, I'm curious now.

Holy shit.
And then raped and murdered as revenge. Let's not leave that part out.
Holy shit. This garbage is just straight-up MRA propaganda, isn't it?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017