• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Ron Toye, Monica Rial's fiancé, will be the first person they'll be trying to intimidate. 400 pages of tweets of "defamation."

D4FqVkOWAAEGLyr
Oh man.... I needed a good joke after the day I had and boy did this deliver.

I can't believe they're actually planning on suing individuals rather than the companies. Are they really going to march into court with a stack of printed out tweets? Anyone wanna take bets on how quickly they'll be laughed out of court?

Edit: Apparently there are going to be four defendants. If Ron is one then you can bet that Monica will be another. I wonder who the other two are gonna be?

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
what a waste of everybody's time, Monica Ron and others didn't say anything that hasn't been said many times about Vic over the years

if these chucklefucks think they're getting anywhere with this shit they're sorely mistaken

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
What blows my mind is the idea that they can get away with this because "well those other people won't be there!" to back up what's been said for years.

Like um. They don't need to be. No, the statements won't be under oath, if this gets to trial. But I think it's pretty irresponsible to, in a libel case, not consider other statements which are just as libelous if untrue. But maybe the law system is just that utterly fucked up, IDK. Do we got a local lawyer around here who can shed light on that? I'm sure anyone here is more trustworthy than Rickieta.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe this turned into a thing. I remember hearing stories about Vic being a creepy asshole back in the mid to late 00s on the something awful forums.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
What blows my mind is the idea that they can get away with this because "well those other people won't be there!" to back up what's been said for years.

Like um. They don't need to be. No, the statements won't be under oath, if this gets to trial. But I think it's pretty irresponsible to, in a libel case, not consider other statements which are just as libelous if untrue. But maybe the law system is just that utterly fucked up, IDK. Do we got a local lawyer around here who can shed light on that? I'm sure anyone here is more trustworthy than Rickieta.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the burden of proof is on Vic to prove that what they said isn't true and therefore libelous. Which Ron and Monica have the Funimation investigation on their side.

Also, couldn't all these livestreams serve as proof of intimidation and harassment from blackface lawyer and the actual lawyer?

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the burden of proof is on Vic to prove that what they said isn't true and therefore libelous. Which Ron and Monica have the Funimation investigation on their side.

Also, couldn't all these livestreams serve as proof of intimidation and harassment from blackface lawyer and the actual lawyer?
See that's what I'd been saying myself, but then they've been start saying how it's easier to win civil cases or something, and how it won't take much to "prove" libel. I have a feeling it's bullshit because... *just looks at the DigiHom case*... But I'm not super knowledgeable on the law.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Highly doubt there's a chance Vic wins anything

He has to prove anything they said actually had a direct relation to what he is suing for. So in such he has to prove that they directly caused him to have loss of work and other damages. Which will be difficult considering said companies that dropped him have conducted their own investigation with actual witnesses and since he is not an employee of said companies, they don't have to have any actual reason in hiring or dismissing his services at any point. He also has to prove, without a shadow of a doubt that what they said are untrue. While yes the defendants also claimed things, it has been followed by a lot of other reports as well and thus throws Vic's morality and situation into question. While Vic now has to prove just being "friendly" and etc. Also considering the evidence is a bunch of printed out tweets rather than actual losses, I don't know what they are trying to do here. Like other than RWBY, which actual active in progress role has he lost? Broly is not in progress and thus he is not signed on to do him currently, so there is no loss there.

So in the end its probably gonna be laughed out, settled out, or whatever

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently the narrative is that now #kickvic is going after the Critical Roll VAs because they didn't say anything about the whole Vic situation. This is obviously 100% false, and just baseless propaganda to stir shit and fan the flames some more.

In keeping with the fact that nobody who supports Vic actually knows anything about the things they pretend to stan, it should be pointed out that Sam Riegel, of Critical Role, participated in the "#BeThere" video that seemed to be an attempt to deescalate the threats against victims on twitter and to make fans more supportive of the people speaking out, unless I was mistaken about its intent. So this idea that nobody involved with CR has said anything seems incorrect to begin with, let alone the fact that obviously nobody is going after anyone involved with CR over this. The very most I've seen is some people who are huge fans of CR saying they wish Travis or Laura had said something but admitting that from their location out in LA they've probably had very little interaction with Vic to form a foundation for an opinion.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So it's finally the supposed BIG DAY where Vic's lawyer is supposed to drop something big. Can't wait for it to be nothing.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone else get the feeling that blackface lawyer is actually fleecing Vic? i dunno it kinda feels like it to me, not that i'm trying to absolve vic of anything, but it's pretty clear that Vic is a total narcissist and that's pretty easy to take advantage of if you know how to

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
does anyone else get the feeling that blackface lawyer is actually fleecing Vic? i dunno it kinda feels like it to me, not that i'm trying to absolve vic of anything, but it's pretty clear that Vic is a total narcissist and that's pretty easy to take advantage of if you know how to
All of these pro-Vic people are obviously just taking advantage of each other (and probably understand it unless they are really dumb). At the first sign of trouble/conflict, they would turn on each other so hard.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

If he's still a guy who wears blackface, it's fair to assume he's a huge asshole. Making a serious effort to defend a sexual harasser and scamming someone who is supposed to be on your own side are both pretty asshole moves. I think it's more likely that both of them are true than that it's just purely a scam.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying it looks like a scam since day 1. Somehow he managed to go from claiming he didn't know Vic at all on livestreams to Vic calling him his friend.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for this. I guess I'd have to do research into previous cases to confirm, but I guess the bullshit peddlers saying "it'll be easy to win a libel case" are just that, bullshitting, if I'm reading this right. How the hell is Vic going to prove he didn't do any of this? If he really is the pursuant here... Well he fucked up. He decided to put the burden of proof on himself. And given prior to Rickieta and Beard convincing him to take legal advice he provided no proof of his own, well... *shrug*

I definitely feel like Rickieta is taking advantage of Vic's situation for money and furthering ComicsGate shite, especially given the 180 Vic did from his solution to the problem after meeting him. Don't know about Beard but that he thinks pursuing legal action tells me he's at least stupid, if not in on the fleece.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this. I guess I'd have to do research into previous cases to confirm, but I guess the bullshit peddlers saying "it'll be easy to win a libel case" are just that, bullshitting, if I'm reading this right. How the hell is Vic going to prove he didn't do any of this? If he really is the pursuant here... Well he fucked up. He decided to put the burden of proof on himself. And given prior to Rickieta and Beard convincing him to take legal advice he provided no proof of his own, well... *shrug*

I definitely feel like Rickieta is taking advantage of Vic's situation for money and furthering ComicsGate shite, especially given the 180 Vic did from his solution to the problem after meeting him. Don't know about Beard but that he thinks pursuing legal action tells me he's at least stupid, if not in on the fleece.
Not to mention that he's already apologized for his behavior twice, one of which was specifically directed at his colleagues. Gonna have a hard time explaining those away in court.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Not to mention that he's already apologized for his behavior twice, one of which was specifically directed at his colleagues. Gonna have a hard time explaining those away in court.

What I find most damning is that io9 article, which many people seem to have conveniently forgotten. He confirmed that the incidents that his victims spoke about happened. All he could say to defend himself was that he remembered them happening differently. He's admitted to having those kinds of interactions AND that he was perfectly fine with cheating on his then-fiancé. Why would I trust this guy's word?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

I should probably note that I'm not a lawyer myself, and I did see something about particular statements that have lower standards applied to them (libel per se), but yeah. I don't believe there's anything particularly easy about a libel suit, especially if there are videos or apologies or other things supporting the supposed libel.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm expecting some sort of excuse why they won't be filling a suit and can't give back the money.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
and you thought it was embarrassing when game publishers make announcements of announcements

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Also yeah, I think these lawyers are basically conning Vic for cash and exposure. Until the GoFundMe Vic didn't seem interested in going after his victims and kinda admitted guilt by saying he'd see a life counselor. Not to sound like a Vic apologist or anything, he's still a disgusting slimeball, just one that is seemingly being taken advantage of. Not gonna shed a tear for his dumbass, he deserves to get conned, but I do wish these lawyers weren't conning him if only because it's made the situation worse.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, this will probably end soon when Vic realizes these guys are fleecing him, and breaks off with Blackface Lawyer. Then Vic will be surprised when his new fanbase doesn't side with him, but instead sticks with BL.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/rekietalaw

Like 99% of his views and followers have come in the last few months thanks to Vic and both of those metrics are starting to trend downward. Seems like the bubble is starting to burst for blackface lawyer.
Vic getting back into Kamehacon is the only thing that has happened. I wouldn't be surpised if plenty of people are getting bored because no legal action has been taken and nothing ever comes of the conspiracy theories like "Toei am mad, dey gunna fire Monica!"
These people don't have the longest attention spans.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Bubsy is much like Vic himself a shitty disappointing character that was only relevant like 20 years ago. Maybe I'm being too hard on Bubsy though.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
As far as I know, Bubsy isn't a homophobe, nor has he sexually harassed anyone.