• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like Bread filed subpoenas and stuff that they knew overstepped before Monica, et al. lawyered up, then once they stepped in they withdrew them because they knew they were a bullshit scare tactic.

Yeah, I'm not sure how Texas Civil Procedure works but in my jurisdiction you need to be very precise when you subpoena documents as courts are unlikely to uphold fishing exercises. The same goes for discovery which can't be unnecessarily broad or burdensome.

On my reading of their originating process they seemed to be asking for a pretty wide ambit of documents, but I don't know the law over there or the case management principles. In my jurisdiction a lot of that would go down as a waste of the Court's time and unfair to the defendant.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they're basically just playing games to me. Beard and Rekieta really are pathetic pieces of shit.

But it is hilarious that Vic ONLY NOW realises all his dirty laundry is going to get aired.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
But why would such an innocent, God-fearing man like Vic be so afraid of what discovery might reveal? Especially since we all know the accusations were fake, created by lying liars that were jealous of his success.

/s, in case it wasn't obvious.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. That letter somehow looks even worse in context, now that it's clearer.

And the idea of them posting things to Twitter being a huge concern, when Beard's shown he'll just fucking openly discussing things on a live stream, with someone who'll direct harassment towards them, is wild to me.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
A while ago some one compared this lawsuit to Jim Sterling and Digital Homicide.

Somehow the idiot representing himself with no law experience seemed less petty and ignorant of the law then the supposed lawyer on this case.

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
As I understand it, Vic wanted to make Monica and Ron keep the case proceedings hush-hush; they denied, as Monica's repeatedly expressed her desire to keep it public.

Remember how Vic's stans repeatedly screeched about the truth coming out? Exactly.

Wait wait wait....so after all the public talk, all the public taunts, all public harassment...NOW they want to keep things private? Oh the irony lol

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Putting aside how this whole drama enforces misogyny/rape culture, another disturbing trend among pro-Vic peeps (and especially those who pretend not to be) is how often they dismiss Rekieta's shenanigans (and by association, Beard), be it writing off his unprofessional antics as being "subjective" or chalking them up as character attacks. You could say they're attempting to spin the narrative, but I get the impression they legitimately don't see the problem with him openly blackmailing people and all the other blatantly indefensible horseshit he regularly engages in.

Case in point: I just got told "So what?" on Kanzenshuu when I pointed out how his propaganda's maliciously twisted the narrative countless times. I keep telling myself to stop going there with how the bad-faith actors routinely drown out genuine conservation, but that I can't even keep myself updated without wading through alt-right grifter garbage is suffocating.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Case in point: I just got told "So what?" on Kanzenshuu when I pointed out how his propaganda's maliciously twisted the narrative countless times. I keep telling myself to stop going there with how the bad-faith actors routinely drown out genuine conservation, but that I can't even keep myself updated without wading through alt-right grifter garbage is suffocating.

Again Mike's soft touch moderation isn't working, he either needs to lock the thread or start banning people.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like Bread got caught in a lie. He's gonna end up getting this case tossed on his own.

This does put a smile on my face
source.gif

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
well what do ya know....the piece of shit lawyer recommended by the piece of shit 'lawyer'...is a lying piece of shit...how surprising

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Damn. The speed of bullshit is apparently faster than the speed of light.

I recend my comment about Digital Homicide being more professional.

Digital Homicide were fucking saints compared to this.

Vic's lawyer apparently doesn't know how the law actually works and thinks he can go "Whoops. Didn't mean to lie and intimidate."

I suspect that the judge assigned to this suit will dismiss it so fast that it will make Vic's teams head spin.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's great that Vic and Beard are already tripping on their own shoelaces and this shit has only just started.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Putting aside how this whole drama enforces misogyny/rape culture, another disturbing trend among pro-Vic peeps (and especially those who pretend not to be) is how often they dismiss Rekieta's shenanigans (and by association, Beard), be it writing off his unprofessional antics as being "subjective" or chalking them up as character attacks. You could say they're attempting to spin the narrative, but I get the impression they legitimately don't see the problem with him openly blackmailing people and all the other blatantly indefensible horseshit he regularly engages in.

Kanzenshuu blows chunks and it's only gotten worse over the years.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The defendants have responded.

I'm fucking living for the opening paragraph.

kmWxpIt.jpg

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Black face lawyer is also completely losing it over the document. Lots of screaming and moaning.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The defendants have responded.

I'm fucking living for the opening paragraph.

kmWxpIt.jpg

While it only matters if this persuades a judge, I don't see this changing anyone's opinion on the matter since it cites all the same tweets and articles the dumb section of the internet decries as false and unproven. It didn't seem like it brought anything new to the table, but seeing as this is only the filing on behalf of Rial and Toye, it didn't have to.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Black face lawyer is also completely losing it over the document. Lots of screaming and moaning.
Of course he was, they were hoping for an easy payout by getting them to settle but the response states that they either want the case dismissed or they're demanding a jury trial.

He knows Vic is fucked.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What's amazing to me is that he can't shut up about it. If he he was even half the lawyer he claims to be he would know it's not a good idea to discuss open and Active cases online.

But then again he is blackface lawyer so not to surprising

The response document is pretty danming and shows there is no case here.

And that's before Funimations response.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I'm not into laws and court stuff but since they're requesting a jury is that generally easier to win if not dismissed?
I read it barely understanding it lol but I noticed they mentioned so many times that what they said is true and Vic himself mentioning it on social media caused his problems.

Mr. Zero

Apr 22, 2019
What's amazing to me is that he can't shut up about it. If he he was even half the lawyer he claims to be he would know it's not a good idea to discuss open and Active cases online.

Except that seems like all he knows how to do. I looked up this guy before things really got out of hand and he was posting his lawyer videos all over the web. Not to mention a patreon site and some other website to accept donations. Even his Law Firm, if you want to call it that, barely had any reviews or information on it. Most of the reviews of his business didn't come till the past few months when he got involved with Vic's case.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very masochistic so I looked at a Vic thread on another forum which I will not name. It was just page after page of "those women are lying and are going to get whats coming to them with this trial" and "Vic is a good christian man, how come nobody has ever said anything bad about him until Rial wanted to ruin his career?" and "where's all the evidence??? oh right there is none". Also gloating when victims go into hiding (no doubt to avoid harassment by asshole alt-right chuds).

They also see the legal defense stuff posted earlier as "laughable" which is the funniest part.

Vic is fucked and I'm glad. I've been hearing shit about him for over 10 years and when it blew up these past few months my response was just "Good."

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I also glanced at some shit and am just rolling my eyes at seeing people describe Beard as a "Jedi" among lawyers.

like... I dunno, does that dude actually have a good legal reputation or is it just them so easily buying into any hype they're sold? cause I can surely easily see the latter, and even if he's actually successful I still do not exactly think that makes him particularly special

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Vic stans: "Yeah!!! Get that bitch Vic!!! Get them all!!! You can't hide from us!!! We know the truth!!!"

*After realizing Vic has a very slim chance in winning this case*

Vic stans: "You guys are bullies. You need to stop obsessing over this case and get a life."

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Vic stans: "Yeah!!! Get that bitch Vic!!! Get them all!!! You can't hide from us!!! We know the truth!!!"

*After realizing Vic has a very slim chance in winning this case*

Vic stans: "You guys are bullies. You need to stop obsessing over this case and get a life."

Yeah. The lack of self-awareness with that lot's stunning.

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to keep up. So it sounds like Vic is super screwed and has no chance?

To give you an idea how delusional the defenders are, they believe he can shut down Anime News Network the same way Hulk Hogan shut down Gawker. That is not even remotely the same thing.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Trying to keep up. So it sounds like Vic is super screwed and has no chance?

To give you an idea how delusional the defenders are, they believe he can shut down Anime News Network the same way Hulk Hogan shut down Gawker. That is not even remotely the same thing.

Is he sueing ANN too? I thought it was just Funimation and the VAs.