• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
fvIflTB.jpg

"same energy" as the kids say

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It took me going through their profile to realise this was legit - I thought it was a parody post - it's so badly designed that I can barely even read this properly lol

Anyhow, you all should drop everything and go here instead:

Nah, I'm good. I've split a hotel room with Mike before.
When you've heard a man snore, you don't need to drop everything to meet and greet them at the local Target.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize that VLC media was an anime fan thing. That might explain why I was instructed to start using it by a yaoi fangirl.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's a good-enough video player that supports container formats that include embedded subtitles, so it was relatively popular in anime fansub circles.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you're probably not going out of your way to find a different media player unless you need softsubs to work, so...

Wait, KEK7go is Nick Rekieta's community manager? When I saw the earlier post saying that the Risembool Ranger who is responsible for Vic's in-a-venue-we-swear Times Square appearance was left leaning, I looked into her timeline and saw her thanking a KEK7go among other people, but I thought that they were just vocal fans.

When I saw "kek", I assumed that it refers to the /pol/ meme of Kekistan, which is a /pol/ meme related to Pepe the Frog. The Kekistan flag shows up at rallies with swastikas and confederate flags. So I'm wondering if some kind of white supremacist link is going to come out.

"Kek" is actually a 4chan thing to begin with separate from just /pol/; I believe it comes from WoW?

...which is to say it's not inherently that bad, but y'know, still bad at best. But dude's working with Nick, so that should have already been clear.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
"Kek" is actually a 4chan thing to begin with separate from just /pol/; I believe it comes from WoW?

...which is to say it's not inherently that bad, but y'know, still bad at best. But dude's working with Nick, so that should have already been clear.

Think it was just because alliance and horde couldn't communicate, so lol would show as kek in chat when talking across factions?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Kek was from Starcraft as people thought it to be the korean version of lol

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think it was just because alliance and horde couldn't communicate, so lol would show as kek in chat when talking across factions?

I thought kek goes back to Starcraft. Had something to do with Korea character sets not transferring correctly and battle.net just showed it as kek

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, KEK7go is Nick Rekieta's community manager? When I saw the earlier post saying that the Risembool Ranger who is responsible for Vic's in-a-venue-we-swear Times Square appearance was left leaning, I looked into her timeline and saw her thanking a KEK7go among other people, but I thought that they were just vocal fans.

When I saw "kek", I assumed that it refers to the /pol/ meme of Kekistan, which is a /pol/ meme related to Pepe the Frog. The Kekistan flag shows up at rallies with swastikas and confederate flags. So I'm wondering if some kind of white supremacist link is going to come out.

They call themselves a "Classical Liberal" which is generally code for "really goddamn racist."
So it probably is a reference to the modern version of "KEK" and not the starcraft/warcraft one..

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The guy's claiming that Mike is lying about the photoshop because you can still receive messages when blocked, but even if so, I think that still fits in the area where the win is so lame that you look like more of a loser for celebrating it.

Some guy who has no stake in the game doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Congratulations?

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
It is also something that can be disproven rather easily. I mean a quick recording from Mr. Dunford, who say he hasn't blocked anyone, would show it to not be true.

Not that he should, since as you mention, it does not matter at all. Even less in the window of this trial.

But for some reason, there are people willing to do shit like this to win itty bitty little gotchas.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Just looked at the location, and tbh, I'd feel weird going to some high floor in a hotel for something like this. Also checked out the room dimensions because I was curious, wonder if they'll fill the room.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really get exposed to Vic stans too often since I don't use Twitter, but I was looking at the timeline of one and I saw a retweeted gotcha that I genuinely can't figure out. It was this segment from I forget which deposition, presumably Vic's:

MR. LEMOINE: The Fuhrer.
MR. BEARD: The Fuhrer?
MR. LEMOINE: Yeah.
MR. BEARD: As in Adolph Hitler?
MR. LEMOINE: I don't know.
MR. BEARD: Is that how it's spelled?
MR. LEMOINE: Yes.

And the comment along the lines of "lol, lemoine is so stupid". But I don't see how you're even supposed to get that from this excerpt. My first thought it is it's supposed to be duh it's obviously an anime thing, except it was Beard that brought up Hitler. The next thing is that he said he didn't know if Fuhrer was referring to Hitler, so maybe it's calling him stupid for that. But if he's stupid for that, then what, he's supposed to say "of course your client's fanclub is referring to him as if he's Adolph Hitler"?

Just looked at the location, and tbh, I'd feel weird going to some high floor in a hotel for something like this. Also checked out the room dimensions because I was curious, wonder if they'll fill the room.

That's new info. You have to rent those meeting rooms from what I can see, and I can't imagine it'd be cheap especially given the location. They don't give general prices but I'm seeing mention of a $5000 voucher; I'm wondering if it's actually going to be profitable for Vic.

To get an idea of the size, the room is Barrymore, in the bottom left corner. It's not the smallest but it's far from their biggest meeting room.

nycmqf06bdjtx.png

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
That's new info. You have to rent those meeting rooms from what I can see, and I can't imagine it'd be cheap especially given the location. They don't give general prices but I'm seeing mention of a $5000 voucher; I'm wondering if it's actually going to be profitable for Vic.

To get an idea of the size, the room is Barrymore, in the bottom left corner. It's not the smallest but it's far from their biggest meeting room.
It seems to be 844 square feet, depending on the arrangement, I'd reckon 25-40 people could fit in semicomfortably. Surely not cheap to get for a whole day, so I'm really curious what benefit they're expecting here. Surely they won't make that kind of money.
EDIT: Seems like entry is free, and so is the first autograph when you have a ticket for a currently ongoing anime convention I think? The whole thing seems weird, because it's not happening at the convention? Idk.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be 844 square feet, depending on the arrangement, I'd reckon 25-40 people could fit in semicomfortably. Surely not cheap to get for a whole day, so I'm really curious what benefit they're expecting here. Surely they won't make that kind of money.
EDIT: Seems like entry is free, and so is the first autograph when you have a ticket for a currently ongoing anime convention I think? The whole thing seems weird, because it's not happening at the convention? Idk.
they're probably hoping for positive twitter impressions to get people to donate/buy Vic's merch?

or trying to prove to other venues he isn't a threat to have

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I wonder if they didn't announce it until they did because the contract doesn't allow cancelation 24 hours before the event.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Now, normally I wouldn't comment on a Master Roshi cosplay, but when you combine that with #IStandWithVic armbands...

I counted about 75 people in the photos they posted of the event, but some people are in multiple photos so I double counted a tad. If there's no entry fee and signatures are free as Westbahnhof says, then the floor's the limit on how much he made. But assuming it's, say, $30 for a signature - it's actually only $10 for a signed headshot on his online store - that's a bit over $2000 dollars in revenue. Now, subtract the cost of the room and travel from Texas.

Maybe he might have made money out of this, but it doesn't seem like it's a secure future for him. I'm honestly wondering if maybe it's because he wants the opportunity to predate on women and he thinks that #IStandWithVic is a good way of luring them in, although I guess maybe ILikeFeet could be right and it could be a reputation thing.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Now, normally I wouldn't comment on a Master Roshi cosplay, but when you combine that with #IStandWithVic armbands...

I counted about 75 people in the photos they posted of the event, but some people are in multiple photos so I double counted a tad. If there's no entry fee and signatures are free as Westbahnhof says, then the floor's the limit on how much he made. But assuming it's, say, $30 for a signature - it's actually only $10 for a signed headshot on his online store - that's a bit over $2000 dollars in revenue. Now, subtract the cost of the room and travel from Texas.

Maybe he might have made money out of this, but it doesn't seem like it's a secure future for him. I'm honestly wondering if maybe it's because he wants the opportunity to predate on women and he thinks that #IStandWithVic is a good way of luring them in, although I guess maybe ILikeFeet could be right and it could be a reputation thing.

Where would I look for pictures of this glorious event?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Where would I look for pictures of this glorious event?
The same person organizing is posting images. Like how they're running out of CDs to sell, as evidenced by the fact that their stacks are now down by four disks.

It's still a couple dozen people who heard "hey, want to go meet a pedophile rapist" and went "sure this seems like a great way to spend my day" so I don't know if it's something you'd get chuckle out of, but when you stop and consider things like how they're in the second most populous city in North America, it could probably be a whole lot worse.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

It's only expensive if you pay the bill.

I'm not saying that's what Vic and co intend to do, I'm just saying that in the anime con world, if the event makes no money it's not uncommon that the organizers will shrug their shoulders and walk away leaving the hotel holding the bag.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
Vic learned a new life skill. Even at such a late age.
I'm so happy for him!
So I've counted about 90 people at the vic thing. Twitter is claiming 300+... lol
They're employing that Donald Trump crowd size math.
It's still a couple dozen people who heard "hey, want to go meet a pedophile rapist" and went "sure this seems like a great way to spend my day" so I don't know if it's something you'd get chuckle out of, but when you stop and consider things like how they're in the second most populous city in North America, it could probably be a whole lot worse.
Well, they would have passed on the idea yesterday but now they probably think, "Epstein "hung himself" overnight so that makes Vic the most famous pedophile in the state. NOW he's special." They wouldn't have gone if he was only the 2nd most reknowned pedophile rapist in New York... but #1, gotta see that.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they would have passed on the idea yesterday but now they probably think, "Epstein "hung himself" overnight so that makes Vic the most famous pedophile in the state. NOW he's special." They wouldn't have gone if he was only the 2nd most reknowned pedophile rapist in New York... but #1, gotta see that.
Jeffrey Epstein representing New York. Vic Mignogna representing Texas. This Saturday, the most reknown pedophile in the north and the most reknown pedophile in the south will collide. Are you ready for the pedo civil war!? (Tickets free with your copy of Vic Mignogna's Christian piano music CD.)