• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how Vic stans tried to claim that Toei was pissed at Funimation because DB's popularity was going down because of this whole situation? Something tells me that Toei is pretty happy about where they are.

As you can see here, the latest issue of License Global breaks down the Top 150 brands in the world. At the top spot is The Walt Disney Company with a huge $54.7 billion retail sale under its belt, but Toei Animation ranks 33 globally with retail sales of $1.9 billion.

For instance, Toei Animation came in above the NFL Players Association, BBC Studios, The Coca-Cola Company, WWE, and more. Not even The LEGO Company could outdo Toei Animation as the anime studio overcame these brands on the licensing list.

I ain't subjecting myself to Vic's voice -- any summaries?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't subjecting myself to Vic's voice -- any summaries?
I could try transcribing it a bit later if you want. It actually isn't too terrible at first - sort of general religion and empowerment stuff - but then in the last third, he goes into how there are scary people who just want to bully and destroy others and you should be nice and positive instead. Total transparent attempt to reframe this as him being the victim, almost a blatant admission that he has no intention to learn from this.

Honestly, it makes me wonder if he doesn't intentionally prey on people who have social anxiety and stuff like that. I suppose it's not a new tactic, that's the standard PUA tactic.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Remember how Vic stans tried to claim that Toei was pissed at Funimation because DB's popularity was going down because of this whole situation? Something tells me that Toei is pretty happy about where they are.

Bahahahahaha. Dragon Ball and One Piece are still big money makers for them. Vic getting fired has done nothing. If anything, Toei probably cares more for Bin Shimada's well-being than Vic. Hell, Funi probably explained what happened and Toei were like "Understandable".

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Transcribed the last three minutes or so of the new video from Vic's event. Frankly, it gets worse when you listen to it again. It's gaslighting and projecting that masquerades as encouragement in order to prey on the audience's insecurities. Pure narcissistic manipulativeness.

I am, uh, savouring this. You know? Making a mental image of this moment.

You know you guy are all going to go home today where- wherever you live, um, whatever your lives entail. Does it involve going to school, work. I want you to remember when you go home tonight and any time you're feeling *sniff* that- that maybe you don't- you don't matter too much or maybe we struggle with feeling- you know what I mean? significant? Or important.

I want you to remember this day that you personally made a huge difference in my life. So whenever you are feeling that, you know, or hearing that voice in your head that says, ehhh, nobody ever really care if you disappear tomorrow, you know, you know what are you really doing of any real importance.

You're doing it. Right now. Just by demonstrating kindness. And, uh, you know. And being here with me, supporting and encouraging *loud beeping in background* is priceless. I, I do not, take that lightly. Thank you for doing it.

Wouldn't it be great, wouldn't it be great if people... look for positive ways... to make a difference? You know what I mean? Wouldn't it be great if people look for positive ways, to make their mark. As opposed to "who can I destroy?" You know what I mean? Like there are literally- it's- it's- it's really scary.

There are people out there who literally, you know, will hurt other people. I mean, quite honestly, that's what bullying is all about. All of us have probably been bullied at some point. You know? It's, it's, something happens in the brain! That they want so badly to be noticed, they want so badly to get some tiny bit of attention.

Even voice actors! Hey, can I tell you something? Voice actors are no smarter than you. They're no better than you. They don't have any insights that you don't have. They could be as- they can- you know what I mean? The fact that they have some talent. Now it doesn't mean you're a good person. Right?

You could be the greatest singer in the world. And if you're a jerk to people, so what? So you can sing. Big whoop. Treat people nice. You know what I mean? So you're a good voice actor. So what? Treat people nice.

So, look for ways to establish yourself in positive ways that encourage [can't really make this out] people. Don't tear a bit- not in ways that tear people apart. It may make people just want to... get down, crawl away in a corner somewhere. You know? Look for ways that you- you know what, encourage people the way you would like people to encourage you.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Transcribed the last three minutes or so of the new video from Vic's event. Frankly, it gets worse when you listen to it again. It's gaslighting and projecting that masquerades as encouragement in order to prey on the audience's insecurities. Pure narcissistic manipulativeness.

serial sexual harasser/abuser/pedophile: "I'm the victim here!"

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It is almost sad, that he must believe his own lies about himself, and thus fails to realize that he has already traded away what soul he still had left.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Meet Vic Mignogna, near the Starbucks on Yonge Street.

People are sleeping on this post here
y76c6gF.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
People are sleeping on this post here

Geniuses are never truly appreciated in their own time. 😎

It is almost sad, that he must believe his own lies about himself, and thus fails to realize that he has already traded away what soul he still had left.

Nah, I don't think he has any illusions about what he is, I think he just doesn't care. Everything Vic does, from assembling a fanbase to his former career with the police to targeting young girls, is about gaining and exerting power over others. This is exactly the same thing. He's trying to pick out vulnerable people in the audience and setting them up to be reliant on him for emotional support. Aww, you've been bullied you poor baby, well don't worry, you should feel good about yourself because you're important to me.

I think for someone like Vic, all social interactions are just a means to an end; there isn't a ton of genuine expression there, maybe the moments where he just makes a callous comment that shows an aggressive apathy to others. The parts that resemble genuine thoughtful advice are just there because he knows the audience he's looking for and what he needs to give them to earn the responses he wants. I think that's also why he seems a bit different in certain environments. He started off sounding remorseful, but then he went on the attack and filed this suit. In the deposition, barring some crocodile tears, he was trying to be totally polite and cooperative and didn't show a lot of emotion even when doing talking about things like his interaction with prostitutes. Now when he's surrounded by allies he's outright mocking his allegations and the almost directly demonzing the people who have made them.

What might be throwing Vic is that all of these interactions are going on the Internet now, so playing to just the audience in the room doesn't actually work.

Last edited:

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019

Someone needs to make a video using what he says about voice actors and apply it to himself. God he's so phony. Everything he said about voice actors in the last minute or two of the video describes himself. Not Monica or Jaime.

How he can say people are out to destroy him while his lawyers are inciting harassment and doxxing just goes to show how disconnected Vic is. And/or what a big phony Vic is. The kindness his one fan shows him in the video is seriously wasted on him. Ugh so disgusted.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looked, saw this instead.

What's this about? Was this known?

I'm not sure if Greg or anybody remotely involved in the thread has talked about it, but I do know Greg references this(about the bank job, not the "thief" part) from time to time.

I wish I knew

It was mentioned like 2 weeks ago. But someone made reference to the fact that Nick was fired from his banking job for stealing and then became a lawyer after that. Greg retweeted, I wish I knew what day of the threadnought it was

Edit: I'm like 70% sure it was him being fired for stealing but I can't exactly remember.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this linked on Greg's Twitter. Are... Are they serious? The replies to the original tweet have to be either literal children and/or are trolling.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was mentioned like 2 weeks ago. But someone made reference to the fact that Nick was fired from his banking job for stealing and then became a lawyer after that. Greg retweeted, I wish I knew what day of the threadnought it was

Edit: I'm like 70% sure it was him being fired for stealing but I can't exactly remember.

So I've been lurking this thread because Rekieta is involved, and I have a family member who used to be a big fan of Rekieta's and would talk about him endlessly. (My wife and I recently managed to convince him that the man is a giant asshole. This thread is a big hit of schadenfeude for proving me endlessly right.) But since he's watched a bunch of episodes of Nick's show, I asked him about it. This is what he sent back to me:

"Nick told the story once on his show. According to him, he was working for a small bank (like not a chain or anything) and during a meeting he leaned against a cash drawer somebody left open and it slammed shut. He said everyone looked at him like he had done something wrong and then he was fired the next day. He says he doesn't know why he was fired because he definitely didn't steal anything, which they should know because banks count the money in their cash drawers multiple times a day."

So there you go. I'm gonna go back to lurking and laughing at Rekieta and Beard.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So then. Considering how honest Screech is about things. He definitely try to steal money, didnt he?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
"Nick told the story once on his show. According to him, he was working for a small bank (like not a chain or anything) and during a meeting he leaned against a cash drawer somebody left open and it slammed shut. He said everyone looked at him like he had done something wrong and then he was fired the next day. He says he doesn't know why he was fired because he definitely didn't steal anything, which they should know because banks count the money in their cash drawers multiple times a day."

VnQ2CNW.gif

I was gonna go with doubt.jpg but there's so many layers of "lol sure" that I'm half-convinced he's lying through his teeth in every single line.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My favorite part of his story is that he was both in a meeting and near a teller cash drawer that was left open for some reason.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even IF he wasn't trying to steal money (and that's a big if considering who we are talking about) I do love that he was so liked by his coworkers on that job that their first instinct in seeing that was "he is fucking stealing money".

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been lurking this thread because Rekieta is involved, and I have a family member who used to be a big fan of Rekieta's and would talk about him endlessly. (My wife and I recently managed to convince him that the man is a giant asshole. This thread is a big hit of schadenfeude for proving me endlessly right.) But since he's watched a bunch of episodes of Nick's show, I asked him about it. This is what he sent back to me:

So there you go. I'm gonna go back to lurking and laughing at Rekieta and Beard.
That is one of those personal wacky antidotes you keep to yourself, like running out of tp in a public bathroom

Oct 25, 2017
That bank story sounds like a big pile of crap.

Interesting to note, though Funi won't hire Vic again for future roles or role reprisals, they'll still use his material. I.E. his cover of "We Are" for One Piece since the trailer they posted for Episode of East Blue uses his version.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
By the way,

I feel that I should have thought of this already, but I guess I'm just way past the idea of Vic winning by now.

Even IF he wasn't trying to steal money (and that's a big if considering who we are talking about) I do love that he was so liked by his coworkers on that job that their first instinct in seeing that was "he is fucking stealing money".

Maybe small American banks are different, but around here, you have to go through training not to fuck with customer money even if you work back office and never look at individual customer accounts to start with. My first instinct is that if my man Screech got fired for a faux pas, said faux pas was something he was explicitly warned not to do rather than just slamming a drawer too noisily.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
It pisses me off to no end when people try to use their heritage as excuse for their behaviour.
"I'm Italian" says the man born in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. Like he has some genetic trait that makes him act like that. Fuck off.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also from Greensburg, PA. Vic's a little before my time, but I'm pretty sure many other Italians there didn't have an issue respecting other people boundaries concerning unwanted contact in general. Just saying.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why/how does it matter if a person is from Italy or from Pennsylvania in this situation??? No matter where a person is from, they should know to respect personal boundaries.

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter. Personal boundaries should be respected, and using a racial stereotype shouldn't be a shield against that.

Still...I felt compelled to shoot down an argument...even if it is crap argument.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the Beard is taking this in an unexpected direction. Can't wait for that document to come out:

Nov 3, 2017
So I'm a dumbass who slept through most my advocacy classes, but do lower Courts even generally deal with constitutional challenges?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dude couldn't handle a civil case, now he want to argue constitutional case?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Truth is he's trying to force a settlement.

Someone on the threadnaught pointed out that Percy's senate buddy was even one of the sponsors of the current anti-slapp measures in his state

So this thing is for three reasons, the grift out some more money for them, to stroke Vicks ego that his case is that important, and try to force a settlement before the anti-slapp gets done

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Judge: Mr Larch, you heard the case for the prosecution. Is there anything you wish to say before I pass sentence?

Prisoner: Well... I'd just like to say, m'lud, I've got a family... a wife and six kids... and I hope very much you don't have to takeaway my freedom... because... well, because m'lud freedom is a state much prized within the realm of civilized society. It is a bond wherewith the savage man may charm the outward hatchments of his soul, and soothe the troubled breast into a magnitude of quiet. It is most precious as a blessed balm, the saviour of princes, the harbinger of happiness, yea, the very stuff and pith of all we hold most dear. What frees the prisoner in his lonely cell, chained within the bondage of rude walls, far from the owl of Thebes? What fires and stirs the woodcock in his springe or wakes the drowsy apricot betides? What goddess doth the storm toss'd mariner offer her most tempestuous prayers to? Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!

Judge: It's only a bloody parking offence.

Truth is he's trying to force a settlement.

Someone on the threadnaught pointed out that Percy's senate buddy was even one of the sponsors of the current anti-slapp measures in his state

So this thing is for three reasons, the grift out some more money for them, to stroke Vicks ego that his case is that important, and try to force a settlement before the anti-slapp gets done

Really, the entire case is this tactic, it's just that Beard's going to even more desperate lengths because he's not actually that good at this intimidation thing.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Oh totally! He thought since Funimation was a big company they'd settle for millions to make them go away.

Probably because it seems everything he knows about actual civil lawsuits he got from movies and TV shows.

In reality, corporations pretty much fight every lawsuit they are given unless they absolutely know they're in the wrong and it would be bad publicity to continue.

And even then sometimes they fight you till you're out of money.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I google the thing Greg says to google and look at the first damn line:

Justice Devine delivered the opinion of the Court.

The Texas Citizens Participation Act (TCPA)1 protects citizens who petition or speak on matters of public concern from retaliatory lawsuits that seek to intimidate or silence them.

So is this like straight up admitting that you're a SLAPP but saying that you should be allowed to do it anyway?