• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has been a true joy going over the last few pages in this thread.

The judge going so hard on Ty was wonderful.

I bet the conspiracies have already started with the Vic supporters, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start turning on Nick and Ty as well and just blame them for losing this case for Vic instead of admitting there was never a winnable case here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Me in the background.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
KiwiFarm's thread on this is amazing, enough salt from ISWV there to keep a canned soup company running for months!

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I have no idea what is going on in this thread even after spending few hours reading through several post and initial post. Not sure if this Vic guy has gotten jail time, but it seems like everyone is happy in this thread so I assume there have been good news in sentencing this rotten piece of scumbag. Glad justice was served, no person should deal with what this Vic put those women through.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KiwiFarm's thread on this is amazing, enough salt from ISWV there to keep a canned soup company running for months!
I thought their batch of scummy and twisted outlooks on life and the internet was they were above everything and just laughed at people's misery.

Imagine being a Kiwi piece of shit revealing you actually care about shit, on your own forum. They've come full circle. They're their own entertainment now.

Oh wait, that's everything the scum of that site have always been about.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I have no idea what is going on in this thread even after spending few hours reading through several post and initial post. Not sure if this Vic guy has gotten jail time, but it seems like everyone is happy in this thread so I assume there have been good news in sentencing this rotten piece of scumbag. Glad justice was served, no person should deal with what this Vic put those women through.
He's not on trial.
He's the one suing people for defamation.
It went about as well as anyone with 2 working brain cells expected.
Also the worst firm of Texas was defending Vic.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Vic wasn't even on trial. This lawsuit was him trying to sue the people who called him out.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

Lol you got it backwards. Vic tried to sue his victims and former employers for defamation and shit, and is being laughed out of court.

Hes a shithead, but hes also a stupid shithead who got grifted by some con artist lawyers who told him he had a real case.

Nov 2, 2017
So everything got thrown out except the defamation claims against Funimation, Monica Rial and Ron Toye. Which will be ruled on by summary judgement within 30 days and will most likely be a total loss for Vic.

EDIT: Massive, MASSIVE victory here.

Slight correction, the ruling within 30 days is still on TCPA and not summary judgement. Summary judgement comes up as the next step only if something survives the TCPA review.

That most of the case got tossed in the hearing shows just how bad it was. It was so groundless that the judge didn't even bother taking it into advisement and issuing a text ruling laying out why, he just tossed them entirely and is now going to write a ruling about whether the remaining defamation claims can survive TCPA. Spoiler alert: probably not.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
He's not on trial.
He's the one suing people for defamation.
It went about as well as anyone with 2 working brain cells expected.
Also the worst firm of Texas was defending Vic.

No no the worst firm in Texas could win this case, that is what Percy told us. So apparently this firm is way worse than the worst.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Ah, I see. Makes sense now. Thanks for clearing things up. Surprised it is not the other way around. I might look into it more now I have a clearer understanding.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

Basically, Vic sued a bunch of people and a bunch of his claims were thrown out while his lawyers were revealed to be complete nincompoops.