• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

I seriously can't tell if these people are real, or if they're making fun of the ISWV crowd. If it's the latter, they're doing an amazing job.

Lets take their analogy to the logcial conculsion.... Vic ends up fried by cosmic power, Nick ends up old and retired, and Beard I guess a overweight drunk playing fort nite?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

That is a pretty good point.

Is this the best evidence we've had yet that Nick is not just a liar and a grifter, but a straight up fraud?

Oh, and hey. I just remembered that the Gofundme is still up. Anyone up for a stroll?

This isn't the time to give up guys. We gotta redouble our efforts. All isn't lost just yet. BHBH can still appeal this.
those who are feeling despair, this is what other side wants from you. I say to you, have more faith, dont let your moral slip.
Law Twitter hates this GoFundMe, so I support it.
hey go fund me plz stop refunding my donations
Saw When The Train Stops for free. Only fair that I pay the ticket price.
I don't even watch dubbed anime(sub life) or really know who Vic is but I've been following this case for a while on twitter and recently it has become very clear that he's not a monster and there was a likely conspiracy against him. I'm just tired of this happening to people, social media mobbing needs to stop. It's causing people to lose their livelihoods and in some case even throw away their lives as a result. It's not much but I want to fight back against this.
I have been supporting Vic, but have not done any actual meaningful contribution until today. TAKE THE MONEY FOR THE SPIRIT LAW BOMB
Yet another donation from me because the opposing counsels KEEP REPEATEDLY lying and resorting to dirty tricks in their legal filings! Can't you snakes fight honorably under the law?
I believe Vic deserves justice and is being falsely accused by politically motivated people motivated by hatred who use Leftist tactics of bullying, silencing, slander and liable to intentionally harm Vic's reputation to cut off his income, all based on innuendo and lies fueled by pure unadulterated hatred. Sad that some or many of those he called Friend have also turned against him. I hope his persecutors have to pay for their actions, false claims and maliciousness used to attack his character and his earning a living.
The world could use more heroes, and we can't afford to lose another.
I'm so proud of Vic for not giving up and standing strong even in the midst of this chaos. He is such an inspiration to me for this reason and many others. This donation may be small in the grand scheme of things, but I want to help him in any way that I can. "Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs, so get up and use them. You are strong enough to make your own path." -Edward Elric We're with you, Fullmetal.
Vic is innocent. Cancel culture, reset era, sjw's, npc's, and the guilty before innocent mob mentality must all be brought to task.
Don't spend it all on sacred ointment
Thanks Nick and Ty for everything you're doing. Bring back Truth and Justice.
Thanks for keeping me sane. As a physician in Portland I pretend to be woke daily but die on the inside all throughout the day
Funimation dub team who I held dear has really torn the dbz dub community and it's such a shame who I thought were amazing now I cant even bare to look at dbz the same. Vic was wrongly treated and the people that have done this to him deserve to be punished and as much as I loved Sean's voice as Goku i feel funimation need to recast the whole team. Dbz will never be the same again and I have stopped supporting dbz dub untill a new team is found. The people who have put Vic through this situation its absolutely disgusting and hypocritical from Sean, Chris, Monica, Kara and Jamie a new team is more than needed untill then I'm seriously considering to get rid of all my dbz merch which was a big part of my joy. This is such a shame I truly loved dbz dub with a passion beyond words and spent alot on it but now to see the way the current dbz dub team treats their fans has left me devastated wow guys we looked upto you but now I cant even look at you not its not even funny how much this has destroyed Dbz's reputation Funimation Sony need to do something fast otherwise people will not let this go. I hope a remedy is found and dbz dub recovers from this but I cant see that happening with the current cast even if that means losing one of the most amazing voices in anime characters like Sean's Goku a shame that he's not the greatest human being but he like everyone else is replaceable and that's what may be will be happening next I hope everyone the best of luck in the end as none of us are perfect and I'm sick of the hate they should of apologised Vic apologised. It feels they need to act as sensible adults and worked with each other in such a loved anime series that brought so many people together. A shame as the show teaches that everyone no matter how evil you are you can be a team to help each other it's so twisted that cast who acted these heroes are the same beings who actually couldn't learn from their own even though us the fans have and we in the end would loved to of seen them just all get along. So hard to say dbz if it is still my favourite anime but still willing to support it if the right actions are taken like Vic being apart of the team and a new cast if the original guys aren't willing to make up apologise and be fully responsible for their inappropriate actions and face the correct penailties and work with Vic if not then they should be also cut off From funimation what they have done is much much worse than why Vic was cut for such an injustice I cant wait to see Vic back in anime doing amazing work and by the way Vic being put back in Dbz from a huge dbz fan whos watched all of the series over and over Dbz super movie Broly was one of the best things to come out of the franchise in my opinion but right now dbz is over for me untill a new team and the correct justice is served untill then good luck and wish them all for the best.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
(Also,, Dragonball Z is definitely not law)

Nonsense!

4.jpg

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I seriously can't tell if these people are real, or if they're making fun of the ISWV crowd. If it's the latter, they're doing an amazing job.
Oh, they're real. I even knew these kind of people before the internet. They just like using schlocky, overly-dramatic prose to describe their causes. The kind of crap you read in older comic books and fantasy novels.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Those totally biased reporters, reporting what they see!

Edit: Side note. That pic of Marchi and Rial is goddam amazing.

Some other choice quotes:

At one point in Beard's arguments against Marchi, Chupp said, "I don't think you have any evidence and that's your problem."

Beard later reacted with surprise when Chupp indicated he had dropped all the claims against March: "Wait, defamation was dismissed as well?"

"Yes, I said that a long time ago," Chupp had to point out.

In another exchange, a slightly exasperated Chupp said, "Am I not being clear?" Beard responded, "No, your honor, it's that I'm not listening" -- to which the judge said, "It would help if you would."

JinnAxel

Oct 30, 2017
Beard later reacted with surprise when Chupp indicated he had dropped all the claims against March: "Wait, defamation was dismissed as well?"
"Yes, I said that a long time ago," Chupp had to point out.
In another exchange, a slightly exasperated Chupp said, "Am I not being clear?" Beard responded, "No, your honor, it's that I'm not listening" -- to which the judge said, "It would help if you would."

How did this nugget get missed.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, come celebrate with us, Durden . Just because you're the last person to be pessimistic about this case doesn't mean you don't get to share in the win.

Just read up on the past few pages. Bahahah ok yeah, yeah this is beautiful. Thanks for the page.

So if I'm understanding right, the only case they're allowing to stand now is his defamation case against Funi? And will it have the same judge? Cause he already seems tired of this shit.

Edit : WOW the last page hadn't loaded for me. My my, this Beard guy truly is absurdly incompetent bahahahahah holllllllly shit. Vic got taken for a ride.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I guess now Vic can sue Beard for malpractice but it's like...who else would've taken the case?

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Just read up on the past few pages. Bahahah ok yeah, yeah this is beautiful.

So if I'm understanding right, the only case they're allowing to stand now is his defamation case against Funi? And will it have the same judge? Cause he already seems tired of this shit.

Edit : WOW the last page hadn't loaded for me. My my, this Beard guy truly is absurdly incompetent bahahahahah holllllllly shit. Vic got taken for a ride.

This is how it stands now. Judge has 30 days to rule on the unchecked items. If he rules against it, this case is stillborn.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Understand that this has been clear for a *long* time.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that they're being allowed to stand, it's just that the Judge hasn't ruled on them yet. He has 30 days to do so.

It's apparently pretty abnormal for a judge to dismiss things mid hearing like this, or at least LawTwitter were surprised by it. It just goes to show how poorly Beard handled this.

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember, former Funimation CEO and friend of Vic, Gen Fukunaga, told him that "pursuing this case is a bad idea". And this is a man that supported Rick Santorum, so you know it's a bad idea when HE says it's a bad idea.

Checking twitter I'm seeing a disturbing amount of women with #IStillStandWithVic.

Like...why!?

Ladies really REALLY loved Edward Elric.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The Vicstans current argument seems to be "it isn't over until after appeals."

I really hope Vic is stupid enough to appeal.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Spike the football?

The game is over. Field's empty. No one in the locker room. Fans have gone home. That's where we are now.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It still amazes me that people will fall over themselves to defend a voice "actor" that's used the same voice for 10 years. He's not even good at it!
That's not actually a bad thing. Like, I remember seeing a Kevin Conroy (Batman, from the Animated Series) interview where he was saying that he has mixed feelings when fans come up to him and do "a Kevin Conroy voice", and suggest that they could do his job. He's like, "I'm not doing a Kevin Conroy voice, my voice is naturally Kevin Conroy. And you're forgetting the second part of "voice actor", which is "actor". You're clearly not acting, you're just speaking, with my voice."

If Vic Mignona only has one voice (his Vic Mignona voice), then that's fine, so long as he can act. And Vic might be a deplorable human being, but I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy watching Fullmetal Alchemist (I don't know if I will be able to enjoy watching it ever again though).
I kind of figured you were, but I wanted to make sure it was clear that she was clear.

that being said it's not surprising she is clear when Vic himself admitted the incident took place, and they seemingly found footage of it happening, and despite what Vic's lawyer team seems to think... it's not defamation if it's true even if it is damaging to your client's reputation..
They didn't find footage of Vic pulling Jamie Marchi's hair. In his video deposition, they asked Vic if he ever pulled her hair. He confessed to it, and then did a pantomime of the physical motions he made with his hands when he pulled her hair. But then (still in his video deposition) he claimed that from his point of view, it wasn't sexual.

Then in his written sworn deposition, he did a 180 and claimed that he never pulled her hair. It never happened.

Then while suing Jamie Marchi for falsely saying that he pulled her hair, the defense showed a looping video of Vic doing the hand-motions while he literally confessed to pulling her hair. So the judge threw that part of Vic's claim out the window.

Oct 26, 2017

It's what happens when people base their identity around the media they consume, they simply don't live in the real world.
I remember being 11 and being like that.

.....The melodrama, I mean, not the rabid defending of a sexual predator.

Still ain't proud of that.
But you matured and grew as a person, you're allowed to be like that as a kid.
It becomes a problem when these folk just don't grow up, their nerdy obsessions become a security blanket to them.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Today's hearing was to determine if the case should be thrown out. The fraudulent notarization itself had little bearing on today's hearing, just a distraction from something they wanted to get through quickly, and will more than likely be addressed in the judge's eventual written decision on the items not dismissed today.

Thanks! (To you and MechaX and everyone else who helped explain this.) I'm glad to hear a lawyer committing fraud didn't get completely swept under the rug in the midst of all the other stupidity.

EDIT: Or maybe the judge just doesn't care at all?

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Oh I know, but I also recall that historically they seem to not be fond of Vic in the slightest and probably wanted to avoid being caught in law stuff. ISWV would've absolutely weaponized the questionable legality of their operation if they said anything.

What do you mean by them not being fond of Vic? Have they openly expressed a dislike him in the past?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Both accounts are downright rabid in their defense of Mignogna, with the first in pretty hilarious denial and the second, as a bonus, retweeting tweets blaming Holowka's accusers for his suicide, so take a wild guess.