• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Oh yeah I was trying to give it a more "people DO HAVE IT!!!"

-slaps GFM and GMAIL- Give me the link already!

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
And where did rising above really get people? I'm not going to tone police the people who were harassed and attacked with mocking insults and decided to pay their attackers in kind or in a session of venting.

Edit: The transcript will be available tonight. Mark Menthenitis (@lawofthegame and who was at the hearing) already has a copy it seems.

And where did sinking to their level get anyone? You've seen it with Trump when people did try to play his game and only end up looking worse since you can't out-shamed the shameless. If you have even an ouch of dignity, the scum will always come out ahead.

Like I pointed out, I was bullied for several years by people that I couldn't blocked. I had to sit, eat lunch, and study with those jerks. I get it better than most what it feels like to demeaned with no real way to do anything about it. And from personal experience, venting and paying back your tormenter really doesn't do anything except make you feel better for a few minutes.

And either case, this is off-topic and I just wanted to say from personal experience, I didn't like the name calling and voice mocking in the podcast, despite understanding why it happened. I still enjoyed the podcast for the most part despite this issue.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh. Not sure what the issue is. I got a link in the mail to a final update on the GFM, but I can't actually read the update on the page. Can't even log in and GFM won't send me a password reset.

Edit: Lol ok, that is a thing:

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Lol yep that's me. I also gave him the screencap of the email.

I like the "Threadnought" watermark.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
This is just SO much better in full:

"MR. BEARD: May I --
THE COURT: Yes. I mean, I guess both of y'all are going. Does anybody else want to stand up over there.
MR. BEARD: I'm sorry, I --
MR. HSU: Sorry, Your Honor.
THE COURT: Well, I mean, one of y'all probably needs to figure out who is doing this argument "

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well happy birthday to me, this is gonna make for some good reading material.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Seems the unsworn declarations had more wrong with them than Beard signing them, I mean "notarizing them by phone" the first time, they had the DOB and addresses of the party giving the statements Xed out.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Page 75 is just the most amazing thing ever. Beard isn't *just* in over his head. He truly has no clue what is happening around him.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Man, reading the live-tweets was one thing, but witnessing the conspiracy/TI suits getting dismissed against Jamie within ten seconds is...I can't describe it. This is gold.

And how it started when the judge realized beard had just one (terrible) argument for all the charges against Jamie and just nuked them all in seconds.

Oct 25, 2017
pg 101-102
Code:
The Court: And how much money did he lose on all those?

Mr. Beard: Oh, boy, that I can answer. So Mr. Mignogna -- it's hard to give you an exact number.

The Court: Well, you said, boy, can I answer that one. I thought you were giving me an exact answer.

Mr. Beard: No, no, that's not it, Your Honor.

The Court: Oh, I was looking forward to it.

holy fuck the incompetence 😂

Edit:

beat me to it

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Ty Beard making the law fun for all
Voluntarily taking on the role of failing at it as clearly as he can to teach

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I have kept thinking, even through videos of Beard saying impossible things, that he can't really be this dumb. This has to be a play for GFM money etc.

But this entire document is Beard learning that KF, YouTube comments and especially Rekieta, are NOT sources to base a lawsuit on.

The judge even slow walks him through his own arguments using cat photos etc. It is truly amazing. Fear the Beard my arse.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
THE COURT: But I'm just saying I post on some article about something in the New York Times and somebody else agrees with my comment. We're now in a conspiracy?

MR. BEARD: If you're both attacking the same person, I'd say you are. I mean, conspiracy might be -- it depends on what you said, obviously.

THE COURT: That doesn't make any sense

I agree. This literally made my mouth dropped.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be even weirder to see people still claim the judge was horribly biased or whatever after this. He's like... very generous in how much of Beard's nonsense is allowed to slip through when he's trying to keep things on track, lol. And of course, even the minor stuff they've whined about like the judge saying he's a public figure works even less in context; the people attending is only mentioned when the defendants bring it up for the second time. Like I'm sure there's going to people whining about that still while simultaneously others will be citing that as a big win where he was teasing the defendants or something.

It really is something to see how much Beard tried to claim could be "inferred", though. Like there's a point where you'd ideally stop and think through that this ridiculous definition of conspiracy makes nonsense and would get you on the hook for anything anyone does to someone you dislike...

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
God, Beard is so fucking bad at this and the Judge keeps throwing him softballs they whole time and he still fumbles and fucks up 😂
UbHgGoi.png

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
It's going to be even weirder to see people still claim the judge was horribly biased or whatever after this. He's like... very generous in how much of Beard's nonsense is allowed to slip through when he's trying to keep things on track, lol. And of course, even the minor stuff they've whined about like the judge saying he's a public figure works even less in context; the people attending is only mentioned when the defendants bring it up for the second time. Like I'm sure there's going to people whining about that still while simultaneously others will be citing that as a big win where he was teasing the defendants or something.

It really is something to see how much Beard tried to claim could be "inferred", though. Like there's a point where you'd ideally stop and think through that this ridiculous definition of conspiracy makes nonsense and would get you on the hook for anything anyone does to someone you dislike...

Don't forget his jabs at Lemoine to get back on topic. The guy's clearly no-nonsense.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I don't get how Beard missed his deadline. One of the first thing you learn in school is to turn your papers in on time. I can't speak for law school, but one of the things you quickly learned in undergrad is if you turn in your papers late, that's a F unless you had some kind of emergency.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get how Beard missed his deadline. One of the first thing you learn in school is to turn your papers in on time. I can't speak for law school, but one of the things you quickly learned in undergrad is if you turn in your papers late, that's a F unless you had some kind of emergency.
Its nuts! Dude got a month extension and still filed that mess. Even the judge describes it as "not a proper response"

edit:holy shit Beard literally just kept responding "same answer" as the judge asked about different claims against Marchi and then dismissed them one by one. that is embarassing as hell

VCCrp35.png

Last edited:

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you wanna bet that Vic stans are just gonna say that the transcripts are edited or fake or whatever just so they don't have to accept that their precious little golden boy lawyer is a complete and utter nincompoop? They already live in their own fantasyland, so what's one more delusion on the pile?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I loved that Beard's conspiracy charges really do amount to 'they're friends and they liked each other Tweets that talked badly about Vic'. When the judged brought up several examples of why this line of thinking doesn't work, Beard seems to try a Jedi mind trick or something to make Vic's situation unique.

The Judge summed it up perfectly:

THE COURT: That's just not true. I mean, you're not -- you have to have a plan to commit the tort. You have to have a plan to commit the crime. And, of course, if there's other crimes that happen or other torts that happen, I think you could be liable for those. I'm trying to figure out where Marchi has a plan. And whether her plan stems more than just she's trying to speak on something of public concern. Did she -- I mean --

Also this:

THE COURT: I know it's not. And I just -- I think it's reaching, I really do, because, I mean, I can't sue everybody that says bad stuff about me, I mean, they just do.

Last edited:

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I loved that Beard's conspiracy charges really do amount to 'they're friends and they liked each other Tweets that talked badly about Vic'. When the judged brought up several examples of why this line of thinking doesn't work, Beard seems to try a Jedi mind trick or something to make Vic's situation unique.

The Judge summed it up perfectly:

THE COURT: That's just not true. I mean, you're not -- you have to have a plan to commit the tort. You have to have a plan to commit the crime. And, of course, if there's other crimes that happen or other torts that happen, I think you could be liable for those. I'm trying to figure out where Marchi has a plan. And whether her plan stems more than just she's trying to speak on something of public concern. Did she -- I mean --

But INFERENCE!

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
As expected, this transcript also does away with any hopes Vicstans had that Chupp made his decisions based solely on what was said in the hearing hadnt read the filings/evidence (which was always a real stupid claim)

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
TIL that Beard thinks amended pleadings can defeat summery judgments (page 50). Then Judge Chupp proceeds to smack him like a person smacking a dog with a rolled up newspaper.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
COURT: No, I think they're -- they may be responsible for their tort of retweeting it. They're not in a conspiracy with the other person.

MR. BEARD: But isn't it rational to infer they might be?

THE COURT: No. I mean, our president retweets stuff all the time, and he's not in a conspiracy with somebody he retweets.

MR. BEARD: Well --

THE COURT: Is he?

MR. BEARD: Well, the president is not being accused here of --

Jesus Beard, this is such a Youtube response. No, it isn't rational to infer that someone is in a conspiracy because they liked or retweeted something.

Edit:

I was in such a hurry to response to the above line that I missed the punchline.

THE COURT: I understand that, but what I'm saying is you're saying any retweets that you do, you've got a conspiracy with that person.

MR. BEARD: I think it's rational to infer that he might be.

THE COURT: Okay. That is dismissed.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

I lack experience, so it's possible that others have seen a judge refuse permission to approach the bench at a hearing before. I haven't.

Double super whoof, there.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The entirety of page 75 is more or less the judge explaining to Beard how hearings work and I recommend people read it in its entirety.
QWA5MFa.png

I saw this and among other things, I'm beginning to wonder if Beard went to law school. Seriously, did he fake his degree or did he come from a rich family that brought him a law degree? If he did graduate from a real school, I hope they ask for their diploma back.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay this isn't real right?

This is someone's bad Ace Attorney fan fiction that they wrote while drunk watching an episode of Law and Order dubbed into Russian and translated back by Google Speech to Text.

There is no WAY Percy was this bad. I mean the live tweets looked bad. But this is... DIGITAL HOMICIDE DID BETTER SUING JIM STERLING AND THAT GUY IS AN IDIOT!