• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at his IMDB it doesn't look like McNeil has voiced any anime characters since the Ocean dub of Kai

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But Vic is doing better than ever, and now the entire world knows how nice he is!

/s
Also Funimation is losing all their Toei licenses, and also Toei is angry at Rial and Schemmel and are going to fire them.

images8ujv2.jpeg

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
the best part is no one can even try to mess with Johnny over this
everyone knows that he's still a stuntman and mocap actor that can kick their asses if they try to get up in his business about "stealing" this role from vic

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at his IMDB it doesn't look like McNeil has voiced any anime characters since the Ocean dub of Kai

A dub that hasn't even aired anywhere... stuck somewhere in a vault in Canada or Japan.
I know he was Shiki in One Piece Strong World and the episode where he cameo'd. That came out long after the Ocean dub of Kai.
But yeah, it would nice if he came back to anime. Even though nobody uses Canada as a dubbing studio these days. It's all Texas and LA now.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
A dub that hasn't even aired anywhere... stuck somewhere in a vault in Canada or Japan.
I know he was Shiki in One Piece Strong World and the episode where he cameo'd. That came out long after the Ocean dub of Kai.
But yeah, it would nice if he came back to anime. Even though nobody uses Canada as a dubbing studio these days. It's all Texas and LA now.
canada still sees a decent amount of dubbing for some shows, but nothing really geared towards adult watchers
I'm pretty sure stuff like beyblade usually gets dubbed up north and all that

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
. Even though nobody uses Canada as a dubbing studio these days. It's all Texas and LA now.
Was about to say this. Canada was all the rage for dubbing anime in the 90s and 00s but outside of Funimation and Sentai, most everything games AND anime are done in LA. When Viz, who probably used Ocean the most, only seems to do LA these days. It's a shame, I mean there's some good talent in LA, but we could use some variety.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Was about to say this. Canada was all the rage for dubbing anime in the 90s and 00s but outside of Funimation and Sentai, most everything games AND anime are done in LA. When Viz, who probably used Ocean the most, only seems to do LA these days. It's a shame, I mean there's some good talent in LA, but we could use some variety.
imo one of the biggest hits to canada was probably bandai stopping dubs, they did a lot of work out of california too, but canada losing stuff like Gundam was a big hit to them.

Oct 25, 2017
canada still sees a decent amount of dubbing for some shows, but nothing really geared towards adult watchers

Ah right, forgot that Beyblade still exists. That seems to be it though...
Pokemon is recorded in New York, and I think Yu-Gi-Oh is too (even though it doesn't air on American TV, just Canadian TV).
Level-5 got their dubs for Yo-kai Watch and Inazuma Eleven done in LA (with YW having had a major cast overhaul that likely lead to the show getting pulled from Disney).
When Saban was a thing they used LA actors (this was for Digimon Xros Wars and their short-lived Precure dub)
Not much else I can think of...

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I remember seeing a few clips of Sailor Moon with minor characters sounding like they're straight out of Toronto's suburbs.

Oct 28, 2017
As it turns out, not anymore:

There's still Bakugan and Bushiroad's stuff I guess.

Definitely found it refreshing to see Crunchyroll use Ocean for their initial English dubs (though I think it was just Gintama and Kiznaiver?).

Would be neat to see British dubs again too - there's still game localisations like Dragon Quest 11 - but aside from Ronja, I don't recall any recent anime dub done there...

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone remember to vote in the Yeti Cup (worst VicStan tweets from the Threadnought.) There are some amazing ones in there.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's refreshing to look at the twitter comments and NOT see a deluge of salty comments. People are moving on. The grift is hopefully mostly over.

Last edited:

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
XD Another amusing one was the one that claimed that Vic doesn't have to prove anything because he is the plantiff and defendant XD The voting toll dubbed the moment Schrodinger's plantiff. XD
Ok I think that's probably my favorite one yet hahahaha.

The only thing missing is saying that Beard's incompetence or maybe even the judge's decision was actually the work of Rial and Marchi's stands.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
XD Another amusing one was the one that claimed that Vic doesn't have to prove anything because he is the plantiff and defendant XD The voting toll dubbed the moment Schrodinger's plantiff. XD

It is SO difficult. I had to just decide to limit my voting to one per VicStan to decide my vote in one of them. And ofc some good ones got drowned out in the sea of horrible shit.

I remember seeing one at some point that basically went "Ok, I understand we are winning overall, but it would be nice to just get one win at some point" which was somewhere between sad and funny.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
It is SO difficult. I had to just decide to limit my voting to one per VicStan to decide my vote in one of them. And ofc some good ones got drowned out in the sea of horrible shit.

I remember seeing one at some point that basically went "Ok, I understand we are winning overall, but it would be nice to just get one win at some point" which was somewhere between sad and funny.
Yeah there were a lot of good ones making it a bit harder to decide.

And yeah that is pretty sad and hilarious.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Did realize there were other categories to vote in :o I only voted in the bad lawyering one.

And holy crap this one was my favorite just because ??? Yeah sure buddy Vic isn't privileged at all.

IAGbu_rmruHB2ZgJz221hCOQUoTq8Tb0c45UQGzHR_NtEGhgct8HluPqcHI2UmuFINbZYdagkpW8etf386uFmUgdAOK8Q7Ym4YVFJECYL-WbhobftzqdaFYgsyvm=w606

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Did realize there were other categories to vote in :o I only voted in the bad lawyering one.

And holy crap this one was my favorite just because ??? Yeah sure buddy Vic isn't privileged at all.

IAGbu_rmruHB2ZgJz221hCOQUoTq8Tb0c45UQGzHR_NtEGhgct8HluPqcHI2UmuFINbZYdagkpW8etf386uFmUgdAOK8Q7Ym4YVFJECYL-WbhobftzqdaFYgsyvm=w606

Yup remember to get all categories done. This is just the elimination round. 64 contenders up (there was already a few votes to narrow it down to that), so we have more rounds to go.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sure he continuously harassed numerous people over the years including the defendants, but Vic is just a poor man that has gone through so much hardships in his lif- wait, what do you mean he comes from a relatively wealthy family?
That's why I'm laughing so hard. These idiots are so beautiful in their idiocy.
Yup remember to get all categories done. This is just the elimination round. 64 contenders up (there was already a few votes to narrow it down to that), so we have more rounds to go.

o7

Holy crap i just got to the guy who said the Yakuza was going to get involved because the Japanese would be upset. I think we honestly have a winner here because nothing can beat that beautiful train wreck.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oMBuBnJXg6uNOHHvtLdtqFL8Po5GWKCCxsGfJXJSqbltp5X4M-V99YI2FWh9lRmoh2t212YPLCCJGqwe0Tsiqc14L3PMnxpUlf_lcUZC0pWCbGeRNJT8eSzz_dIb=w606

I mean Micro Mo here is not wrong, Ty did indeed burn everything to the ground and he most certainly has won as a clown.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Sure he continuously harassed numerous people over the years including the defendants, but Vic is just a poor man that has gone through so much hardships in his lif- wait, what do you mean he comes from a relatively wealthy family?

Man lives off of voicing cartoons and going to conventions to get worshipped by fans. And then treats those conventions as a sexual buffet. Rough life indeed, now that he finally is seeing consequences.

Vic can fuck right off.

oMBuBnJXg6uNOHHvtLdtqFL8Po5GWKCCxsGfJXJSqbltp5X4M-V99YI2FWh9lRmoh2t212YPLCCJGqwe0Tsiqc14L3PMnxpUlf_lcUZC0pWCbGeRNJT8eSzz_dIb=w606

I mean Micro Mo here is not wrong, Ty did indeed burn everything to the ground and he most certainly has won as a clown.

Lol indeed. Best clown was indeed the beard.