• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't people expecting the forged signature to come up today? Is that being handled in a separate hearing, or was it somehow rendered irrelevant by the rulings today?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't people expecting the forged signature to come up today? Is that being handled in a separate hearing, or was it somehow rendered irrelevant by the rulings today?
as far as I saw it came up today but the judge didn't care. I don't think it was something the judge wanted to waste time talking about today. I doubt that it's completely forgotten but it didn't really come into play given the judge was already annoyed at Ty for all of the shananagins he pulled since august 30th.

Oct 25, 2017
Taking a look-over, sounds like it was a good day for justice, and a bad day for grifters and lazy high-pitched voice actors.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
as far as I saw it came up today but the judge didn't care. I don't think it was something the judge wanted to waste time talking about today. I doubt that it's completely forgotten but it didn't really come into play given the judge was already annoyed at Ty for all of the shananagins he pulled since august 30th.
At this point it's out of my depth, but I wonder if it's just a matter of relevance. Wasn't the entire point of the hearing to see if Ty Beard had enough substance behind his case that it shouldn't be immediately struck down? The illegal stuff he's done is something else.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this particular tweet thread seems to be providing a bit more nuance in places where the judge agreed/disagreed with each side.

It makes things worse for Ty too, bc its not apparent nonstop dunking on him. Ty had opportunities to not fuck things up.
Looking further back in their twitter history, they're pretty ISWV-heavy, so there might be a reason their coverage of it leans a bit heavier on the Judge's disagreements with the defense at points.

But it seems pretty neutral so who knows.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Looking further back in their twitter history, they're pretty ISWV-heavy, so there might be a reason their coverage of it leans a bit heavier on the Judge's disagreements with the defense at points.

We have existing transcripts of hearings where the judge openly stated that he didn't understand what the point of it was, why it isn't just solved the by the defendants saying they aren't going to tweet anymore, and so on. If there's any doubt as to how the judge views the case or carries himself, that's what we have to look at.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's out of my depth, but I wonder if it's just a matter of relevance. Wasn't the entire point of the hearing to see if Ty Beard had enough substance behind his case that it shouldn't be immediately struck down? The illegal stuff he's done is something else.
That's what I would assume. If that other post is correct and Beard said he thought he could notarize via phone then he openly admitted to fraud which will have to be explored later.

I can't imagine you can become a notary without it being hammered into you that the other people need to be present.... but then again I didn't think you could pass the bar without knowing laws.

just a quick search though

covers not once, but twice that you need to have people present for the process :P

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

I was wondering why there were some Vic Stans running unopposed in those tweets. Still, they don't appear to be lying so I guess I'm okay with reading some more details even with that slant

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah looking into their timeline...ISWV focused stuff and the very recent GamerGate stuff (Blaming Zoe for the suicide). So yeah they have some deep biases already that may be coming into their recount of what occurred, pretty much all we can do is cross-reference it with LawofTheGame's notes and eventually the transcript.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
maybe he thinks that telephony works on a combination of shrink rays and teleportation and so the voice from their phone means they're contained inside

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Reading through those 2 other recaps, it is becoming increasingly clear that a mute break dancing clown, or a really well trained bear replacing Ty Beard at that hearing would not have changed the outcome at all.

How in the world does this happen?

Miranda rights will need to be changed: "You have the right to an attorney, but you can't pick Ty Beard!"

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe hiring co-counsel pretty much the day before the hearing, leaving you with no prep time, was a bad idea? Who knows.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stans taking today well...

EDzzMMrX4Agvm2M.jpg

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Poor Beard. First told he had to stand up, now that he has to sit down. It must be so confusing for him.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had mostly been lurking this thread but now that I'm reading LawoftheGame's thread, I am howling.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
The judge didn't waste much time with it because all of those affidavit/declarations were coming from non-hostile parties. While they could have wasted time trying to determine if Ty violated notary rules, that wasn't really a matter for this hearing. The judge most likely had no issue believing that those were the declarants' statements, and that even if the declarants didn't technically sign the documents themselves, that they at least gave Ty permission to sign for them.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Multiple threads from people who were there have quoted this word for word now so I think it's safe to say, this is word for word what the judge said (the transcript will obv prove it finally.)

Brutal.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the time I just browse this thread but goddamn I'm getting some great laughs. Between Beard's immense incompetence (notarize by phone hahahaha) and the meltdowns on Twitter from Vic Stans this has been a great read.

It's hilarious as shit that so many people are trying to spin up that there is a conspiracy against Vic like his stupid case is a major political battle . Really shocked how many people haven't just realized the case was bad and Beard was a shit lawyer.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I would say the judge was brutal, but he seems to just be spewing straight facts:

Edit: Oww oww oww.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, there's the entirety of Vic's suits right there in a one-sentence statement from a very nonplussed Judge Chupp.

Aside: Thanks for those above who corrected me on summary judgement, appreciate it.

Last edited:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
If we could, a raised glass and a toast to Judge Chupp, today the living embodiment of

cdc.jpg

Not only did he not put up with any shit, but also actually had done his research, and knew about Twitter and Discord and internet-related things.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Regardless of Vic, why does it seem every Dragon Ball YouTuber supports him? Can't even look at my recommendations without it being filled with Vic's shit and people calling Funi hypocrites because they think saying dumb and questionable things a decade ago is the same as being accused of sexual harassment.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, there's the entirety of Vic's suits right there in a one-sentence statement from a very nonplussed Judge Chubb.

Aside: Thanks for those above who corrected me on summary judgement, appreciate it.

The fact lack of evidence was turned back on Ty after months of ISWV's "Hurr no evidence" claims is just beautifully poetic.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of Vic, why does it seem every Dragon Ball YouTuber supports him? Can't even look at my recommendations without it being filled with Vic's shit and people calling Funi hypocrites because they think saying dumb and questionable things a decade ago is the same as being accused of sexual harassment.
Because most DB tubers are clickbait garbage.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Because most DB tubers are clickbait garbage.
I mean if you're just on the DB money train instead of a broader anime/manga perspective it's normal you would engage in clickbait shit considering DB is not something you can provide enough content to sustain a channel on youtube.
Simple economics, it's easier to live off clickbait and the rando DB news.
Especially with how garbo the manga of Super is.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm glad MasakoX is the only DBtuber I pay any attention to whatsoever, lol.

I only look at a few Dragon Ball YouTuber and most of them are for Dokkan Battle and Legends and they had nothing to do with Vic one way or another. The only 'mainstream' Dragon Ball channel I regularly watch is Geekdom and he kept his ass out of this too as far as I know.

So really sick of seeing Youtubers like Yellowflash when I literally never clicked one of their videos.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Oh I know, but I also recall that historically they seem to not be fond of Vic in the slightest and probably wanted to avoid being caught in law stuff. ISWV would've absolutely weaponized the questionable legality of their operation if they said anything.

At the very least they would have mass false reported DBZA and had there Channel and livelihood destroyed.

Which shows how much intelligence they have as that's what they think happened to Vic.