• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up. Had this tab open and have no idea who posted it. What the hell was happening here:

Chuck "the anime and scientific establishment is trying to destroy me" Huber was upsetting Vic and pissing off his makeup artist? There's no part of this I understand. What did Huber think he was doing, why is the makeup artist upset, what's the takeaway here?

Chuck has managed to scientifically pin point the absolute state of "both siding" to a level yet unprecedented. An uncanny ability.
It is literally impossible to make any sense of anything he has done or said in the entire story. It's hilarious.

I think it sounds far too stupid to be true.

So what you're saying is that it's 100% true then, according to the past 57 times we said this to ourselves and they were in fact that stupid.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Basically it just cements what a lot of us knew all along. They're not objective and incredibly biased and suspect. They're tied together. Not just that they're "family friends" but one handles the trust? OOF. I really wouldn't have doubted that Ty Beard was billing the GFM and sending Nick money.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So here's what just happened; Screech essentially referred Vic to Beard likely not because he was knowledgeable in defamation, or because he was a competent attorney, but because he runs his trust.

Not quite high on the fuck ups done in this case, but pretty crystal clear evidence that the Vicstans are getting grifted hard

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Beard's Law: If it makes you go "That can't be real, he can't be that stupid" it's 100% real.

Beard has shot himself in the foot so many times they are both gone. Now he is aiming for his crotch.

That video with Beard talking about shooting people who interfere with his ability to feed his family is starting to look frighteningly real.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Chuck has managed to scientifically pin point the absolute state of "both siding" to a level yet unprecedented. An uncanny ability.
It is literally impossible to make any sense of anything he has done or said in the entire story. It's hilarious.

So what you're saying is that it's 100% true then, according to the past 57 times we said this to ourselves and they were in fact that stupid.
Sorry for asking but how does doing this make it look like Chuck is both siding

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Honestly, Beard and Nick's ability to surpass the "they can't possibly be this stupid" threshold despite continuously lowered expectations is kinda impressive.

Like, we are months into this mess, and we've had a "look, I know they're dumb, but no one is that dumb" moment on a weekly, sometimes daily basis.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, every time I look away for five minutes this case adds another fifty-clown-car pileup of stupid to its proceedings.

How do any of these soggy-brained buffoons put their pants on right in the morning, let alone practice law?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Sorry for asking but how does doing this make it look like Chuck is both siding

Because he has been trying to play mediator the whole time.

First with that horrible attempt to have Jamie and Monica say they we wrong and Vic goes to sex addiction theropy.

Then with his horrible attempt of his affidavit by saying "Yeah Vic is bad, but look at Chris Sabat"

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I meant him reading the tweets to Vic. I know about the above
At one point over the weekend, that had been framed as a concerned friend texting about the tweets and how bad it looked for Vic. Like, "hey dude you might need to be concerned about how bad things are going!"
But he's also made huge errors in his affidavit/declarations and previous emails attempting mediation.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
At one point over the weekend, that had been framed as a concerned friend texting about the tweets and how bad it looked for Vic. Like, "hey dude you might need to be concerned about how bad things are going!"
But he's also made huge errors in his affidavit/declarations and previous emails attempting mediation.

Oh my god the idea that up until this point Vic didn't realize just how severely incompetent his legal representation is, it's fucking sending me

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Oh my god the idea that up until this point Vic didn't realize just how severely incompetent his legal representation is, it's fucking sending me
His deposition did not look like he was paying any attention to the case, at all. Also, the cigars and Anime Matsuri.

But remember she is the Vic Whisperer and he comes from a different time!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much thought from the beginning that Vic was "sure why not" too the whole thing, not realizing how the stupidity will forever taint his career

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I pretty much thought from the beginning that Vic was "sure why not" too the whole thing, not realizing how the stupidity will forever taint his career

Vic doesn't have a career. Once you're accused of sexual harassment (rather it's true or not), your career is basically over outside of side jobs. So Vic really didn't have much to loss in this regard.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Vic doesn't have a career. Once you're accused of sexual harassment (rather it's true or not), your career is basically over outside of side jobs. So Vic really didn't have much to loss in this regard.
I am a little cynical, I fully believe if he had laid low for a year or 2 he could have snuck back in. Hill he probably could ahve worked under a fake name. But suing Funi and the shit that came out? Scorched and salted earth

Oct 25, 2017
I am a little cynical, I fully believe if he had laid low for a year or 2 he could have snuck back in. Hill he probably could ahve worked under a fake name. But suing Funi and the shit that came out? Scorched and salted earth

Bingo. Had he stayed out of the limelight, then came back with a "sincere" apology, we could all "forget it".
The fact he sued an employer basically screams to everyone "DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN".
Except for cheap-ass Christian cartoons. They'll probably still hire him.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't remotely true. There are a lot of cases people being accused of sexual harassment, going on an apology tour (or just saying it didn't happen), and then coming back in the entertainment industry.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Aziz Ansari
Jim Cummings
Morgan Freeman
James Franco
Ben Affleck
David Copperfield

come to mind as examples. (some pulled from this list https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-accused-sexual-assault-harassment/827004001/ )

If Vic had properly apologized, stepped away from cons and work for a year while getting therapy. I imagine some of the companies would have given him another chance on a short leash.

This isn't remotely true. There are a lot of cases people being accused of sexual harassment, going on an apology tour (or just saying it didn't happen), and then coming back in the entertainment industry.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Aziz Ansari
Jim Cummings
Morgan Freeman
James Franco
Ben Affleck
David Copperfield

come to mind as examples. (some pulled from this list https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-accused-sexual-assault-harassment/827004001/ )

If Vic had properly apologized, stepped away from cons and work for a year while getting therapy. I imagine some of the companies would have given him another chance on a short leash.
I can believe that till we find out if people were just doing it as a performance.

Edit: To a degree if you're now going to seek help I have to question why haven't you done it sooner till it got public.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the algorithm for false flag reporting is really easy to abuse to silence people. Like if a person denied Greg's appeal, the only reason I can think of is that they felt someone is rightfully offended for being called a hoe?

I once reported someone for randomly saying something hateful and racist in a reply to one of my tweets. They deliberately went to search for tweets about Japan and decided to reply to me. I reported the tweet for being racist, twitter support did nothing. Their entire twitter account was full of hateful racist and sexist tweets in Korean. It was only when my friends and I reported every single harmful tweet that they did something months later.

Edit: I'm not really sure about the validity of Ty being the one handling Nick's trust funds.

The problem really is that just blindly reporting things is the only way to get legitimately bad things banned too, and even that's a mess.

To begin with the reason you're picking is pretty arbitrary - what counts as directing hate against a "protected category" vs targeted harassment if the harassment is due to bigotry, and which is treated more seriously? Does my report just get tossed if they decide I didn't pick right (and is that consistent or up to the person reviewing, if there even is a person)? And then they ask you to pick up to 5 offending tweets in a screen (that is often pretty glitchy depending on how you're looking at it) that's just straight up their timeline with no easy to look for any bad stuff or jump further back fast. So often you have the real bad tweet at the top and then just end up scrolling through a ton of completely fucking ordinary tweets with the occasional bit of something hateful, trying to find some more recent things that vaaaaaguely fit being bad in a way that makes it look the real issue merits attention. Which means you're just always hoping something there sticks out enough that they do anything. And this, of course, means anyone who's just trying to cause trouble can go through the exact same process and have about the same degree of access even if it's actually acceptable.

And then, yeah, they just randomly send you a "hey, we did something to this account" some time later. With 0 explanation of what they were reported for (despite that being a thing you can seemingly indicate you'd be fine with seeing in these messages?) or when it happened. Really assuming anything you report would be so rare as to be memorable, I guess...

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
If you actually believe this bullshit you are absurdly misinformed.

For the most part, it's true unless you're a really big name. I personally know people who have been accused of sexual harassment/assault (both true and not so true) and outside of them absolutely proving that no wrongdoing happened, they never got their careers back or it was never the same.

For Vic, he wasn't a big enough name to be fully forgiven, especially when his own co-workers are calling him a perv. Maybe if he waited, maybe he could have done voice work for another dubbing company, but it wasn't going to be at Funi given how the people there viewed him.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
For the most part, it's true unless you're a really big name. I personally know people who have been accused of sexual harassment/assault (both true and not so true) and outside of them absolutely proving that no wrongdoing happened, they never got their careers back or it was never the same.
Your anecdotes aren't really relevant to the world as a whole. This most definitely does not happen "for the most part." In fact, a large portion cases of sexual harassment and assault go unpunished either by the legal system or by public opinion.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Your anecdotes aren't really relevant to the world as a whole. This most definitely does not happen "for the most part." In fact, a large portion cases of sexual harassment and assault go unpunished either by the legal system or by public opinion.

And my point, especially in my edit, is that you need to be a fairly big name or have influence to be let back in after you become radioactive (and even then we have people who never got back into people's good graces), and even if Vic did get 'forgiven', chances were that Funi wasn't going to rehire him again since his co-workers called him a creep with at least two of them saying they harassed them.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
People living in the real world: "Nobody would be stupid enough to do this."

Ty Beard:

bb63176a2be98d0160ffarcky4.jpg

(Finally proof that this case works on shonen logic after all!)

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
And my point, especially in my edit, is that you need to be a fairly big name or have influence to be let back in after you become radioactive (and even then we have people who never got back into people's good graces), and even if Vic did get 'forgiven', chances were that Funi wasn't going to rehire him again since his co-workers called him a creep with at least two of them saying they harassed them.
And in the real world, people who are accused of these things generally don't lose their jobs in the first place. There's nowhere to be "let back in."

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
And in the real world, people who are accused of these things generally don't lose their jobs in the first place. There's nowhere to be "let back in."

And we can make a list of people who were never got their jobs or careers back after a giant fallout. It isn't like everyone can go on a 'forgive me' tour and all is forgiven.

But this is a moot point for Vic anyway.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
In the real world, people probably don't Streisand themselves to make them look unfavorable to hire.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Aziz Ansari
Jim Cummings
Morgan Freeman
James Franco
Ben Affleck
David Copperfield

Don't forget Chris Hardwick.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
And we can make a list of people who were never got their jobs or careers back after a giant fallout. It isn't like everyone can go on a 'forgive me'.

But this is a moot point for Vic anyway.
Yeah and it'd be a much smaller list than the list of sexual harassers who never received any punishment. And if you whittled that down somehow to the ones that were "lies" like your initial bullshit post stated, the list would be damn near empty.

For real, do some actual research on this topic or something because you're dangerously close to parroting MRA talking points which have no basis in reality.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yeah and it'd be a much smaller list than the list of sexual harassers who never received any punishment. And if you whittled that down somehow to the ones that were "lies" like your initial bullshit post stated, the list would be damn near empty.

Calling my original post 'initial bullshit' is really uncalled for and doesn't even undermined my point since the fact is people have lost their careers or had their careers severally damaged over false allegations. Just because the list is smaller than those who did keep their careers doesn't changed that. Especially if we leave the sphere of 'famous people'. Which there are far more common folks than famous ones, which would make this more 'real world' as you put it.