• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Judge:
Here is a look into what is on the minds of Ty and his fans:

Wait, is Ty Beard comparing himself to someone who died fighting during a terrorist attack...?

So is he now at the point where even he no longer thinks he can win and he hopes people admire him from going down fighting?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Calling my original post 'initial bullshit' is really uncalled for and doesn't even undermined my point since the fact is people have lost their careers or had their careers severally damaged over false allegations. Just because the list is smaller than those who did keep their careers doesn't changed that. Especially if we leave the sphere of 'famous people'. Which there are far more common folks than famous ones, which would make this more 'real world' as you put it.
I'm going to keep calling your bullshit post bullshit, as that is what it is. Outside of the sphere of famous people far fewer people face consequences for sexual harassment or abuse. More often than not the accuser faces problems instead. Your point is based on faulty logic because apparently someone you know was falsely accused, but it's not indicative of the issue as a whole.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Judge:

Wait, is Ty Beard comparing himself to someone who died fighting during a terrorist attack...?

So is he now at the point where even he no longer thinks he can win and he hopes people admire him from going down fighting?

I didn't want to suggest it. But it is hard to read that any other way.

Edit: Also that Captain America gif... Beard will be crawling along the walls keeping his head down if he ever sees a courtroom again.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Calling my original post 'initial bullshit' is really uncalled for and doesn't even undermined my point since the fact is people have lost their careers or had their careers severally damaged over false allegations. Just because the list is smaller than those who did keep their careers doesn't changed that. Especially if we leave the sphere of 'famous people'. Which there are far more common folks than famous ones, which would make this more 'real world' as you put it.
In the case of sexual harassment, it's considered that after 1 year after the events more than 50% of the accusers were no longer at the company they were harassed in while the pests usually have no fallout on their part.
It's actually why the #metoo movement took off so quickly, because harassers are almost never facing any consequences.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm going to keep calling your bullshit post bullshit, as that is what it is. Outside of the sphere of famous people far fewer people face consequences for sexual harassment or abuse. More often than not the accuser faces problems instead. Your point is based on faulty logic because apparently someone you know was falsely accused, but it's not indicative of the issue as a whole.

That maybe true for white folks, but that's certainly isn't true of people of color, especially a black man. Have a white person accused you of wrongdoing and you're fired before you have the chanced to defend yourself and may even faced criminal changes, especially if it's a white woman. This is the reality where I live. It isn't just based on 'someone I know'.

In the case of sexual harassment, it's considered that after 1 year after the events more than 50% of the accusers were no longer at the company they were harassed in while the pests usually have no fallout on their part.
It's actually why the #metoo movement took off so quickly, because harassers are almost never facing any consequences.

Which is true, depending on where you live, who you are, and what color you happened to be. Where I live and grow up, the reality is being black or even hispanic, you lose your job and face criminal changes if you're unlucky enough. Even if you prove nothing happened, that take years and money.

Maybe you're right and I'm bringing too much of my own experience into it and it doesn't work that way everywhere else. But that's certainly isn't how that works around here.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
That maybe true for white folks, but that's certainly isn't true of people of color, especially a black man. Have a white person accused you of wrongdoing and you're fired before you have the chanced to defend yourself and may even faced criminal changes, especially if it's a white woman. This is the reality where I live. It isn't just based on 'someone I know'.
See, now that's true and extra layer of information your original post was missing. I'm sorry for calling it a bullshit post, but without knowing that part of the story it seemed like it. It can also be extrapolated out that any accusation of a crime is going to be far more harshly applied to a person of colour because of the massive amounts of racism in our society. And yeah, doubly so if that accusation involves a white victim (true or not.)

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
HeroR , your post was idiotic for the simple reason that Vic was already accused of sexual assault years ago and openly discussed the allegations at conventions. An allegation certainly didn't instantly tank this career; what did it was the loss of supporters that shielded Vic.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's actually true if kids are involved.
Adults?
Usually the accusers are at a bigger risk of losing employment than anyone else.

Yeah, race definitely complicates matters significantly, because the standards of acceptable evidence for society become just shockingly skewed. Roy Moore still got ~39% of the vote in Alabama and racist solidarity is almost certainly the predominant factor in that.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
HeroR , your post was idiotic for the simple reason that Vic was already accused of sexual assault years ago and openly discussed the allegations at conventions. An allegation certainly didn't instantly tank this career; what did it was the loss of supporters that shielded Vic.

The biggest different between then and now is really MeToo. While years ago Vic brushed it off, he couldn't this time and got 'fired'. Which is why I said Vic basically had no career, but I guess I should have added not in the near future and I was talking about the current. Not him being accused years ago.

Last edited:

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
besides the obvious reference,
did he just indicate he knows hes gonna lose

I mean... today is 9/11, so fair enough. But the implications in that post are kinda: going down swinging. And I guess trying to take out the pilot (judge) trying to steer the plane (lawsuit) into the ground.

Not entirely sure Beard realized any of that. He doesn't seem to have his brain connected to his mouth in any way.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Vic would have been fine if he laid low and then come back later on especially if he apologizes even he doesn't really mean it

The lawsuit probably did more damage to his career because that's what corporation actually care about

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
See, now that's true and extra layer of information your original post was missing. I'm sorry for calling it a bullshit post, but without knowing that part of the story it seemed like it. It can also be extrapolated out that any accusation of a crime is going to be far more harshly applied to a person of colour because of the massive amounts of racism in our society. And yeah, doubly so if that accusation involves a white victim (true or not.)

No problem. I should have explained myself better, but I guess I thought it was obvious that it really depends on who you are, what color you are, and how much money you have that gives you a chance to fight allegations against you. I often forget that ResetEra is largely white, so they have a very different outlooked from me and others in my area. So outside of being famous, sexual harassment and assault is damn near career ender from my experience and people I know. That is if you don't end up in jail or spending thousands for a lawyers.

Shoot, one of the things black men are taught around here is how not to be alone with a white woman in the work place. Or, not be alone with any child even you're the teacher and don't you dare touched that kid.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
There was a Pokémon movie short (the Pikachu short that played before the third movie) that Japan has dropped completely from re-releases because the VA for the narrator was charged with drug use. A short from almost twenty years ago.

I'm not sure what Vicstans think would happen if this actually came to Toei's attention (I would think it's beneath their notice). Funi would just say they let go one of their voice talents because he was sexually assaulting their other voice talents and they would go about their business. Why would they trust Vic over Funi? They've been in business with Funimation for 25 years now and they've done fine with the DB license. Fukunaga's uncle worked at Toei, that's how he got the rights to Dragon Ball in the first place.

Kind of speaks to the lunacy of the "VIC WAS MY CHILDHOOD" crowd too. Broly was your childhood? Not Goku, Vegeta, Krillin etc whose voice actors are backing the accusers up on?

Like, I feel all of this is sort of besides the point anyway, but it's just all so dumb.

Maybe they're young FMA fans?

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I am gonna just go ahead and hope the shit out of it happening tomorrow. Stock up on popcorn, folks:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to suggest it. But it is hard to read that any other way.

Edit: Also that Captain America gif... Beard will be crawling along the walls keeping his head down if he ever sees a courtroom again.

Having never seen a superhero movie since Iron Man, what's the significance of that Captain America GIF?

The biggest different between then and now is really MeToo. While years ago Vic brushed it off, he couldn't this time and got 'fired'. Which is why I said Vic basically had no career, but I guess I should have added not in the near future and I was talking about the current. Not him being accused years ago.

That isn't quite right for the case we're dealing with either. It wasn't that the accusers weren't believed per se. There was plenty of talk around Funimation's office about it and we've even had someone go on record about physical security measures being put in place to protect staff from Vic.

The real issue was that Funimation's owner was a friend and supporter to Vic, and as the one with all of the power, the decision fall upon him regardless of what the public sentiments are. The most direct reason for Vic being booted is that Funimation was bought by Sony, and with the new owners not having that special relationship, Vic no longer had special protections.

#MeToo was probably a factor in setting a climate wherein Sony is encouraged to act. But in the real world, this is how a lot of serial predators are able to continue unpunished for years. There is an establishment around that allows them to do it even when it's known. That's a reality that is far older and has a much wider reach than #MeToo, and when the version of #MeToo that you recognize - it originally started in the black community before being picked up by white celebrities - gained notoriety it was because it was finally bringing down people who had long been protected by the Hollywood establishment.

Of course, this is the same situation that had protected Bill Cosby an R. Kelly for a long time. They also had an establishment defending them.

The next part isn't really about you or even this case so I'm hoping it comes across as thought-provoking rather than hostile. But the fear of #MeToo is also far more widespread than any particular ethnic community, with even articles in Japan noting how men feel afraid to talk t women now. Overal, the fear is less grounded in realities than in discomfort at being held to any kin of standard of behaviour whatsoever; sexual assault is one of the harder crimes to pursue legally due to high burden of proof in criminal cases and the difficulty of producing evidence from behaviour presenting itself as normal social interaction. But abusers have always liked to frame themselves as victims because victims are the ones who gain sympathy.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Having never seen a superhero movie since Iron Man, what's the significance of that Captain America GIF?

Oh not a lot in this case. It is just implying he will aggressively kick the doors to the courtroom open. No deeper meaning there.

But that just isn't really compatible with how his courtroom appearences are going. Guessing it is a "fear the beard"-thing, not realizing Vic is the only one who should.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh not a lot in this case. It is just implying he will aggressively kick the doors to the courtroom open. No deeper meaning there.

But that just isn't really compatible with how his courtroom appearences are going. Guessing it is a "fear the beard"-thing, not realizing Vic is the only one who should.
Oh. It also isn't compatible with the "we're all going to fucking die but at least we'll be heroes doing it" that it's replying to in that case.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Up one post, my man. Up one post.
Fucking hell.

giphy.gif

Edit:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
These people could potentially have ruined not only Vic's reputation (further), not only their own reputation (in the eyes of the coherent public), but now potentially opened themselves up for investigation on a personal level?

Incredible.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

I keep finding myself wondering when Senator Hughes starts to feel an obligation to address why the firm he's a partner in is so shady.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
How are the writers doing this?!? This show jumped the shark like six episodes ago. They gotta slow down with this or there won't be enough material for Season 2!

Edit: I mean I'm going to keep watching... but dang.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
How are the writers doing this?!? This show jumped the shark like six episodes ago. They gotta slow down with this or there won't be enough material for Season 2!

We're still riding off of the special two-parter where Ty showed off his new Ultra Stupid form, and it turns out that it was just the warmup to Mastered Ultra Stupid.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
When even Mr.Doucette is left speechless without a proper response because of how unbelievable of a mistake that is, you know it's got to be amazingly bad.

I can't wait to see how this arc turn out.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
I did a block chain after Greg got locked out the first time. I followed back from the Alan tweet, followed the blocked Nick tweet to see that the ISWV crowd saw people looking into the trust and the will. It's almost satisfying to know I don't need to read most of these stupid or bad faith tweets.

According to legalbeagle, a will is a public record. Getting the will is just a matter of going to the right county clerk etc. It's also apparently a felony to conceal a will? I'm assuming that's in reference to trying to say there was no will at all to any beneficiary so they can't collect.

Back when I first heard about Ty Beard being some form of family friend, I was always thinking "Man I would not be surprised to hear that Beard bills the IOLTA. Then, in some way, he sends Nick money"

But hearing that there's a severe... ethical? conflict where he is the trustee that can dispense to Nick? Who is the one who referred him to something that he can bill $250k from? That's got serious "whooboy wow".

I keep... overestimating them???

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I promised I wouldn't bring anymore StandWithVic videos here, but I find this hilarious:

Yeah, I guess the lame stream media is also KickVic and part of the 'conspiracy'. Although, I'm sure 90% of the new media didn't know who the hell Vic was from a paper bag a few months ago. Also, funny that they only cite Nick and not the several dozen lawyers that poke giant size holes in this case. Seriously, leave your echo chamber every blue moon so you know what the 'alternate reality' side is saying instead of using following the VAs' Twitter.

StandWithVic are really like hardcore Trump supporters. You can't reason with them because they live in a different reality.

Last edited:

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

This whole situation is like when a side character is introduced to a show, and quickly becomes a main character.

Ty Beard is competing for Steve Urkel from Family Matters' "Did I do that?" catchphrase.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
can we just recognize the fact that ty beard was a witness to the signing of that will with a notary vouching for all three signatories that day? notary by phone my ass

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
What I don't understand about those who follow Nick and Ty. You have 2 lawyers. Neither of them have handled defamation cases. But you have more than 10, 20 lawyer, barristers, and so forth (some of them Texas Appellate Lawyers or just plain practice in Texas) who tell you these things that contrast or contradict what Nick and Ty say. They concur with each other. They accurately "predict" that a lot of cases get dismissed.

I know there's something about "tyranny of the majority" but sometimes numbers tell you that more people know what they're talking about.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
can we just recognize the fact that ty beard was a witness to the signing of that will with a notary vouching for all three signatories that day? notary by phone my ass

Out of the metric tons of bullshit Percy has delivered, that bit was so transparently BS that most of us spent an entire day saying "no, he couldn't have been that stupid" before being once again proven that yes, he can be.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I promised I wouldn't bring anymore StandWithVic videos here, but I find this hilarious:

Yeah, I guess the lame stream media is also KickVic and part of the 'conspiracy'. Although, I'm sure 90% of the new media didn't know who the hell Vic was from a paper bag a few months ago. Also, funny that they only cite Nick and not the several dozen lawyers that poke giant size holes in this case. Seriously, leave your echo chamber every blue moon so you know what the 'alternate reality' side is saying instead of using following the VAs' Twitter.

StandWithVic are really like hardcore Trump supporters. You can't reason with them because they live in a different reality.

Seriously, put those in spoiler tags. We do not need any drip of #ISWV videos in here.