• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
What I don't understand about those who follow Nick and Ty. You have 2 lawyers. Neither of them have handled defamation cases. But you have more than 10, 20 lawyer, barristers, and so forth (some of them Texas Appellate Lawyers or just plain practice in Texas) who tell you these things that contrast or contradict what Nick and Ty say. They concur with each other. They accurately "predict" that a lot of cases get dismissed.

I know there's something about "tyranny of the majority" but sometimes numbers tell you that more people know what they're talking about.

Pure Internet idolatry. The conned masses just want to hear someone tell them what they want to hear.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
What I don't understand about those who follow Nick and Ty. You have 2 lawyers. Neither of them have handled defamation cases. But you have more than 10, 20 lawyer, barristers, and so forth (some of them Texas Appellate Lawyers or just plain practice in Texas) who tell you these things that contrast or contradict what Nick and Ty say. They concur with each other. They accurately "predict" that a lot of cases get dismissed.

I know there's something about "tyranny of the majority" but sometimes numbers tell you that more people know what they're talking about.
Even worse, now we have actual proof of a motive to defraud Vic's fans of their cash.
I'm actually glad it's these morons that are getting grifted.
Imagine what they could have pulled out of grieving parents or something.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
but has beard really mastered ultra stupid? i have a feeling he can go even further, this can get even more stupider.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

yeah but with the power of god and anime on their side that's like the power of 100 lawyers

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I still can't believe the trust fund shit could actually be as bad as it seems.

There's no fucking way. They can't be that fucking dumb.

Can... can they?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

From what I have observed, most Vic's supporters and even the Youtubers don't follow other lawyers. When they do see their stuff, they brushed it off as bias. It's basically the Fox News approached. Namely, fans can only trust Nick and Ty to give the 'truth' and everyone else is either bias or lying. Which is part of the reason why I posted this video because when they're outright told the trial was a mess, they don't believe it and default to Nick.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
That's true. A little too many people are willfully ignorant in the face of people trying to correct.

I just want to comment how I hate how my interest in this dumpster fire is annoying to deal with on my Galaxy S8 Active when I open up my google chrome mobile browser? It always wants to suggest me things and anything about Vic is always tied to some alt-right, Gamergate, comicsgate or MRA site or talking point. :|

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
It should be fairly clear to everyone watching on the outside now that the Vicstans purposefully do not operate in reality. Their ignorance of even the rough basics of how law is practiced and argued in court is testament to that.

VicStan: WE ARE RIGHT AND SHALL PREVAIL!
Reality: Your case is flimsy and your lawyer is an idiot.
VicStan: LIES! TRUTH AND JUSTICE ARE ON OUR SIDE.
Reality: Right, here's an ass-kicking in court. Have fun with that.
VicStan: CONSPIRACY! SHENANIGANS! BUT WE WILL STILL WIN AS
Reality: Good lord, shut up already.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
but has beard really mastered ultra stupid? i have a feeling he can go even further, this can get even more stupider.
RMXrfSl.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Let me try to help break up that new level of stupidity that we keep thinking can't be topped (yet keeps getting topped) with something more dumb funny.
I decided to check RocCon (one of the few cons to not drop Vic and is this weekend) site, you'll notice a fun contrast on Vic's entry to everyone elses.
(Not including Michael Dorn's since....it's like 5 paragraphs long)
f6pV697.png

lO9rjfh.png

l4miSPE.png

You wrote that much for Walter Jones, I'm sure you can write plenty about Vic and his extensive roles!

3vzlcPu.png

No, vic isn't at the end and it's some kind of mistake, his posting is in the middle of the 5 postings....I wonder why they didn't want to write much about him.

Just seemed like a fun thing to share...now back to Screech And Beard's stupidity ride that somehow never ends.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It should be fairly clear to everyone watching on the outside now that the Vicstans purposefully do not operate in reality. Their ignorance of even the rough basics of how law is practiced and argued in court is testament to that.

VicStan: WE ARE RIGHT AND SHALL PREVAIL!
Reality: Your case is flimsy and your lawyer is an idiot.
VicStan: LIES! TRUTH AND JUSTICE ARE ON OUR SIDE.
Reality: Right, here's an ass-kicking in court. Have fun with that.
VicStan: CONSPIRACY! SHENANIGANS! BUT WE WILL STILL WIN AS
Reality: Good lord, shut up already.

They're worst kind of ignorant. They're willfully ignorant.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So would this new development would make it easier for Vic to sue for malpractice? I would assume so but i don't know the law well enough

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

They've been fed that everyone is stupid except this source and they want to believe this conclusion, so they're essentially left in a battle with their own reason. If they want to accept that they're being lied to than all of the evidence is there. If they don't they can resist it forever.

Like, when my Vic stan relative was talking to me about this, I was trying to explain the weakness we could see in the early case, and he ended up just slipping "Vic's innocent, Vic's going to win" like he was rooting for the fucking Maple Leafs and this is always the year.

I'm just going to keep posting Goku's "don't tell me what my limits ever" every time Beard again proves he can go further beyond. That'll be my new shitposting gimmick.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They're down now but like true shohen heroes, they're going to form one hell of a comeback with a spirit bomb.

...Nick just needs to get permission from Ty first to dip into some of the energy.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's worth noting some stuff in the replies to the tweets about the will/trust. Looks like Ty might not technically be in charge currently because Nick's grandmother(?) is still alive?

Dunno what that means w/r/t to it being (extra) bad that he's connected to Nick as he is, though. Since he'd still be potentially in charge of it? Hmm.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
So
1. Beard's law firm gets the money from the GFM,
2. Nick gets the purse strings loosened on the trust and all the nickle and dime stuff from his streams, and
3. Vic gets left twisting in the wind when the case collapses and has to pay damages

At least that seems to be the way things are shaping up to me from this new info about Nick and Beard's relationship.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Break it down to me like I am 5
I'm not sure if I got this right because that thread isn't too heavy on detail, but my impression is that a Japanese VA cancelled a Kamehacon appearance almost literally at the last minute because they heard Vic is going to be there. They cite some visa issues but this cancellation of appearance comes AFTER there was some kind of.. interview? live stream? where they heard the news live and VISIBLY reacted negatively when told that Vic would be there. Apparently it's fairly publicly know that they've had issues with Vic in the past. Might've been mentioned here recently too, maybe even a link to a somewhat recent Anime News Network article about it?

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
After having a chuckle at all the tweets talking about this case like it's an anime it's only fitting that we get a twist (the unexpected potential Ty/Nick connection) that seems like something that could come from an anime.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to make a summary of events:

-In wake of a lesser-known anime con figure getting exposed as a serial abuser, Vic Mignogna's many sexual misdeeds are brought to attention via #kickvic on Twitter from former fans and other voice actors
-Funimation, Rooster Teeth, and Viz media all cut ties with Vic
-#IStandWithVic is created by those who support Mignogna
-Chuck Huber becomes involved. Attempts to get certain voice actors to redact their statements and have Vic state that he has a "sex addiction" and will seek help.
-Nick Rekieta starts a Go Fund Me for Vic's "legal defense". (Nick is a "lawyer" with no bar association who apparently makes most of his money from streaming himself babbling about "law".)
-Nick introduces his trustee, Ty Beard, to Vic in order to sue voice actors, Jamie Marchi, Ron Toye, Monica Rial, and also Funimation for defamation.
-Shenanigans begin.
-Ty Beard makes the argument that it is defamatory to call his client a piece of shit since Vic is not literal feces.
-This attracts the attention of various lawyers on Twitter such as Greg Doucette to weigh in on how bad the case is.
-Vic gives a deposition where he goes into even further detail on his sexual misdeeds and damages his own case.
-Chuck Huber gives a statement for Vic's case but it mostly covers grievances against another voice actor, Chris Sabat so it is useless.
-Ty Beard (files late, possibly commits notary fraud, and forgets important documents even after asking for an extra month to prepare) brings the case before a judge.
-Ty mumbles and fumbles before the court.
-Most of the charges are dismissed completely and the judge will weigh in on the rest within the next 30 days.

Tried my best. I still don't understand the legal specifics of it all.

Last edited:

Porcupine_i

Apr 9, 2018
I was always wondering about the large amount of money the GFM was able to raise.

With the new information that came to light, I'm wondering now, would there have been any (massively stupid) reason to siphon some of the trust fund money to into the gofundme campaign?