• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This would have been a lot different if they had started the process. Talking the shit is a lot different than committing to the work. That is where Britain fucked up. British Right wingers could have rode out spectulative Brexit talk for years, but they made the mistake of loading the chamber

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Obligatory:

C_UwAemXUAA2QPY.jpg
This is gold

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Wanting independence from the EU is not totally idiotic. No other countries have been given a chance for a referendum yet and the EU seems to be dam sure to make an example out of the UK for daring to want to be independent. If we had voted to remain it would have been for ever.
Wanting independence from the EU is absolutely idiotic. EU is literally building my country up, an example here ; 3.2M€ for upgrading our hospital. Do you think any Portuguese politician would invest in an hospital in a small town? (52000 people live here)

Alongside the hospital the EU has funded:
  • Upgraded the tech in schools
  • New power substation
  • New water treatment facility
  • Rebuilt 2 city parks
And that is what i know because it affects me directly. Do you know what our politicians built:
  • Underground car park
  • Electricity spots for electric cars (just 10 for the whole city...)

If it wasn't the EU Portugal would be a disaster.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I've got nothing but disdain for everyone who voted for Brexit and screwed Ireland over AGAIN. What's another few years of misery on top of the 800 or so inflicted on us so far

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
There's no armistice but there's plenty of places that would become walled compounds if they were taken out of the EU by their parent countries.

1024px-Baarle-Nassau_-_Baarle-Hertog-en.svg.png

This clusterfuck for example.
They are not at (civil) war, and people would not start blowing shit up.
When frontex will have to set up guard posts to protect the EU internal market on the ireland/Northern Ireland frontier, in case the UK goes full crazy, bombs will blow up, people think those times are gone, i fear they will learn very soon how wrong they are.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Guys he is clearly trolling, stop wasting your time. Doesn't address any of the cogent points in the thread and just keep yapping the same thing.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Then what was the reason you voted for leave, then ?
he said immigration (but not racism), was promptly showed how stupid such a motivation was given the UK always had full control over borders and immigration , but never ever replied on that.
at that point we can assume either racist or too ashamed of being a tool/believing in lies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he said immigration (but not racism), was promptly showed how stupid such a motivation was given the UK always had full control over borders and immigration , but never ever replied on that.
at that point we can assume either racist or too ashamed of being a tool/believing in lies.
Nah. He said immigration isn't racism. But didn't outright say that was why. I'm want him to tell us what his reason was.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Nah. He said immigration isn't racism. But didn't outright say that was why. I'm want him to tell us what his reason was.
maybe it was because the EU forbids honest british workers to wrap fish&chips in newspapers (it does not).

i think the UK should be independent.
This is in fact interesting, independent in what way ?, more precisely :
A - where do you think the uk is not independent currently (within the EU framework) ?
B - Where do you think the uk should be independent (meaning, it is not currently) ?
i'm genuinely interested. because this is gonna be fun.

Last edited:

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There were "valid" non-racist reasons to vote for leave if you didn't actually understand what the EU was, or the UK's relation to it, and you bought into the propaganda campaign that leaving would be economically better for Britons.

Or if you didn't get duped and you just like a bit of chaos.

Or if you're in the business of privatizing public industries, another "valid" reason to vote leave there in as much as "more profit" is a valid reason.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
pls respond lol .
This is in fact interesting, independent in what way ?, more precisely :
A - where do you think the uk is not independent currently (within the EU framework) ?
B - Where do you think the uk should be independent (meaning, it is not currently) ?

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
We get to vote for government. We get to make are own laws. We control our future. Our current government is a shower of cunts and we will vote then out in a few years.
Portugal is in the EU. CAn make its own laws, can control our future (in fact when the IMI came here we made even harsher decisions then what they asked of us). Our current gorvernemnt is really good because it is made of 3-4 left wing parties.
How come Portugal can have better control of their own future then the UK? specially when the Uk has more members in the EU?

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
You've shown in this very thread that you have no idea what the EU does or how it works. You throw around the word "independent" as if that means anything by itself. You say that the EU has caused complexities with the custom procedures when it is LITERALLY the exact opposite. It's a customs union and you should probably look up what that is.

All you're doing with Brexit is throwing away your right to have a say in the decisions that get made at the EU level. You still will have to abide by most of the EU rules because guess what, that's how globalization works. You cannot simply undo all the complex interlocked connections and systems that have been established since 1973, economic or otherwise, nor is there any good reason to. I wish we could stop pretending that retreating back behind or walls is a position that is in any way, shape or form feasible to tackle all the problems we're currently facing. It isn't.

The Brexit campaign was full of lies and misinformation, that is a fact. At the moment, no one has a fucking clue where this is all headed. That is also a fact. It's been a complete shitshow for the last three years and it isn't going to get better any time soon. You're not going to get a better deal and it seems unlikely that the current one is ever going to pass parliament. If you leave without a deal, it's going to fuck up your economy real bad to say the least. Your best bet is to try and forget this whole thing ever happened instead of clinging to the notion of "leave means leave" because you don't understand how anything functions.

Oh and by the way, there are a bunch of studies that support the connection between the decision to vote Brexit and racist sentiments, regardless of how many "racist bones" you have in your body or not. Enjoy your independence I guess.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Just because we did doesn't mean we always would. Anyway you asked that's why I voted.
i had hope you were just a random ignorant guy, fooled by lies, but sill salvageable, given the evidence of how voting leave was stupid and nonsensical.
but you are not answering any direct question, just parroting nonsense.
you are either indeed trolling (gg, quality bait), or just a racist nationalistic guy not even brave enough to at least wear your flag proudly. because nobody can be that stupid.
i'm out.

Last edited:

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Leaving the EU as a member does not actually allow you to "leave" the EU because you're still physically in the Eurozone and these EU countries are still your nearest trading partners. The function of the EU and similar trade zones is to smooth over international commerce and so long as this commerce exists, there is no one that is truly "independent".

All leave did was make it harder for UK to exert influence in this arena. In terms of geopolitical "sovereignty", it is a step back. Before, UK could vote on EU regulations. Now it can't. Now if it wants to trade with the EU, it will have to accept whatever restrictions the EU offers, and the UK cannot actually afford to spurn the Euromarket.