• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
k9g264p.jpg

Vice Principals is an American television comedy series starring Danny McBride, Walton Goggins, Georgia King, Busy Philipps, Kimberly Hebert Gregory, Sheaun McKinney and Shea Whigham. The co-creators are Danny McBride and Jody Hill. The second and final season will premiere on Sunday, September 17, 2017. Season 2 consists of 9 episodes.

The first season is a hilarious dark comedy in the vein of Eastbound Down. Similar to other McBride/Jody Hill work, the characters seem thin at first glance, but there's a lot more going on down under the surface.
HBO said:
From Danny McBride and Jody Hill, Vice Principals is a dark comedy telling the story of North Jackson High School, and the two people who almost run it -- the Vice Principals. The series stars Danny McBride and Walton Goggins as the school administrators in an epic power struggle for the top spot of school Principal. Told over the course of a single school year, the first season takes place during the fall, with the second and final season to covering the spring term, each with nine episodes. Joining McBride and Hill as executive producer and director is longtime collaborator David Gordon Green.

Trailers and Videos:
Posters and Promo Materials:
High Res version of the poster

G1VIypB.gif

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite show on TV right now I think. I am going to be legitimately sad when it's over. I hope Walton Goggins keeps doing comedic work. And Edie Patterson as Miss Abbott is such good casting. I find myself watching her in every scene she's in.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
Massive McBride fan, turned massive Goggins fan from this show. Couldn't love anymore than I do, and will be legitimately sad when it's over. Hopefully, something arises from the back end of the show be it a spin off, or a spiritual successor. One can hope!

Oct 25, 2017
As fucked up and hilarious as the show gets, it really nails the moments when you're meant to feel for the characters. As shitty a person as he is, seeing what's led Russell to where he is and seeing him break down at the end of the last episode was rough. Great writing, and Goggins has been killing it since I first saw him on The Shield.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Massive McBride fan, turned massive Goggins fan from this show. Couldn't love anymore than I do, and will be legitimately sad when it's over. Hopefully, something arises from the back end of the show be it a spin off, or a spiritual successor. One can hope!
Goggins is really great, but the episode before last Sunday's soured me on the character. How many chances does he get to not ruin his relationship? Christine is the true MVP in this show.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Love this show. Goggins is hilarious, what a great character. Horrible horrible person but funny character.

Probably obvious but I still think he was behind the shooting.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
So sad this is over soon. Eastbound and Vice Principals television universe needs to happen.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Great that the OT arrived here.

My bet for the killer is on Ray. No way anybody would accept all the shit Gamby talks and stay so friendly.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting til the season ends so I can watch it all at once. Loved first season.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this season has been so fantastic. Lots of feels. Lots of laughs. I have no idea as to who the killer could be.....probably Swift lol.

I'll be sad when this ends.

Big Wazu

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Really been enjoying this season as well. I still think Walton Goggins is the best. Sad that it's almost over.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Finally watched the first episode of the second season. I honestly forgot how much I liked this show. McBride is basically Kenny Powers again but he is even more of a loser.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Am I alone in thinking the shooter was
Abbott? She's crazy and possessive, and Gamby and Snodgrass appeared to be patching things up at the end of S1. Perhaps she ends up as a red herring, but given the way she and Gamby are getting closer, and are clearly perfect for each other, it could wind up being an unexpected betrayal for him.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Abbott? She's crazy and possessive, and Gamby and Snodgrass appeared to be patching things up at the end of S1. Perhaps she ends up as a red herring, but given the way she and Gamby are getting closer, and are clearly perfect for each other, it could wind up being an unexpected betrayal for him.

I dunno why I didn't suspect that person. It sounds like a valid theory.

I was starting to lean back towards Lee Russell being the shooter again. he is so conniving.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I thought since late last season. Nothing so far this season has led me to believe that was wrong either.

torontoml

Oct 25, 2017
After the last episode, i feel this is very likely

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got a chance to catch up on all of this show recently, really love it.

Nice to see you here as well, Cornballer.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the second season, a little more emotional, kinda feel bad for the two main characters, even if they are horrible people.

Oh, I'm happy to see that Cornballer made it over, how would we manage our TV-threads without you.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017

The scene in the car cements it for me, she says she'd kill herself if they ever broke up but have only been together for a few days and then she stares at him with this look in her eyes.
Plus we still don't know why he broke up with Snodgrass after, he just says he wasn't thinking straight, could Abbot have convinced him to break up with her somehow in the hospital room while he was all loopy?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The scene in the car cements it for me, she says she'd kill herself if they ever broke up but have only been together for a few days and then she stares at him with this look in her eyes.
Plus we still don't know why he broke up with Snodgrass after, he just says he wasn't thinking straight, could Abbot have convinced him to break up with her somehow in the hospital room while he was all loopy?

Yeah, it was the last episode that convinced me as well. My theory is Gamby will come to trust Abbott enough that he finally opens up to her (and the audience) about whatever shit went down while he was in the army, then she'll confess to him thinking they're kindred spirits. That's exactly the kind of "twist the knife" move I'd expect of a McBride/Hill project (man, I'm gonna miss this show :/ )

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017

Another thing that makes this possible
The shooter had longer black hair like Abbott did. They point out in the s2 premiere that she changed her haircut. But could also be a red herring, who knows.

Deleted member 13037

Is this show not popular? Doesn't seem to get much talk in my circles but I think it's great. Would love to see more beyond 2 seasons.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this show not popular? Doesn't seem to get much talk in my circles but I think it's great. Would love to see more beyond 2 seasons.

I've recommended it to people but most didn't get/like the humor. The reviews were the same for the first season. It's dark and it's hilarous.

Deleted member 13037

Yeah, I read that they shot it all at once and intended it that way. I respect that.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
The shooter was very clearly played by a male actor, though. I know that doesn't mean much when it comes to fiction.

Deleted member 13037

I suspect a swerve and my guess is:

Lee's neighbor who Gamby beat up.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Two whole episodes left. I don't buy for a moment Lee actually did it

Worth noting
Abbott was in front of the house and car when they got taxi'd back. Perfect chance to set him up

Deleted member 13037

I think Abbott and Lee are too obvious, and Abbott's actions so far would lead me to believe she'd just try to straight up shoot his ass again.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I Think
the shooter could be the crazy woman too. She probably planted it in russells car.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I think Abbot is a very likely suspect. I just don't buy that it's russel and there's not many else it could be.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
No way is it Lee. Too obvious. I don't expect prime Shyamalan twists, but even Snodgrass wouldn't write something so predictable as Lee being the shooter.