• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Viceland has released the full Bruiser Brody episode:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
After listening to the guy who made it on the cornette experience I am sold. Seems like it is not just a lets talk about the business but a fan who wanted to it for a real long time and tried to get them to make it and vice finally said yes when they needed programing for their tv network.

Glad to see some people finally get to learn the history of some of the stuff. The murder, the relationships, the screw job, the tragic history of the von erichs.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I thought I posted in this topic before, must've just been in the Wrasslin' OT. Really looking forward to the Moolah one.

Watching the Brody one now, good for anyone who hasn't heard the stories before. Brody would've made so much money in the 90s as his career would've been winding down, IIRC Vince wanted to bring him into the WWF and they were talking before Brody was murdered. Kind of surprised they didn't have Manny Fernandez talking about his bullshit story of getting revenge for Brody with it being called out considering the showed the footage of the knee drop onto Invader III.

Of course then 25 years later Vince put Carlos Colon into his HOF, though the story was that he did it as part of getting WWC's library.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I hope with it being a Viceland production we get it in Australia day and date with the US.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Jim Cornette raved about these on his podcast. These are going to be a must watch.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This is available on amazon prime video for a buck for a sub to the whole season. Probably a price mistake (the description is for Lachey's Bar)

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
The screwjob episode was so good, loved it. New info it gave and of course no one would ever believe Vince Russo came up with the double cross lol

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Good episode but I can't help but feel like it focused on individual accounts a bit too much and ignored the wider picture, like Shawn and Triple H's part in it. It's a real pity they'd already filmed the Montreal episode by the time they interviewed Meltzer.

I'm also a little annoyed they gave Russo a platform to spout his absolute horseshit. He should be ignored.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Again, I'm disappointed by how much was left out, from completely ignoring the original screw job involving Wendi Richter and Moolah over Wendi having the nerve to want to be paid relative to her position on the card and positioning by the company of her, maybe they're saving it for the Moolah episode but I doubt it. They also glossed over the full impact of the screw job and how it's pretty much the nexus of so much shit good (for the WWF) and especially bad that happened in the following years that probably wouldn't have had Bret not left or if the screw job hadn't taken place. Not even a mention of the talent that left in response to it, including the famous night Rick Rude appeared on Raw with a beard and Nitro without it on the same day due to Raw being taped.

It's good for more to hear Cornette's story since he's told it before but putting Russo's bullshit out there... Really?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The Russo/Cornette stuff on the Montreal Screwjob episode ws gold. "Jim believes anybody coming out of a box is automatically over" lmao

Also Im with Scott Hall. #TeamWork

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Bruiser Brody episode was very disturbing. Atlas accounts and stellar re-enactment really delivered.
Man that was very disturbing.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the first few episodes now. Cornette talking about pissing on Russo's grave had me rolling. Lol

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Viceland has released the full Bruiser Brody episode:

I remember vividly when this happened. It was all over the news here in Puerto Rico and I for one, believe Tony Atlas's story. Wrestling in Puerto Rico during the 80's - 90's was extremely popular and personal to fans here on the island, and what Dutch said about then throwing whatever they had at their disposal at heels is very true. And Invader 1 is a piece of shit (always has been) so I don't doubt that he was capable of murder. I was quite sad when Brody died because he was one of my favorite wrestlers at the time. His style was new and refreshing in the WWC when Carlos Colon booked himself like Triple H did during the 00's (Carlos actually beat Ric Flair of all people 😒). Rest in peace, Brody. You were an amazing talent.

Nov 2, 2017
The Lost Match: Brett vs Tom Magee

Bret was so good at putting Tom over that he convinced Vince that Tom was the next Hulk Hogan.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Finally catching up on this. Love the production and how they present the episodes. Pretty great for people familiar with the material, or coming in fresh.

Only thing that stuck out odd during the Brody episode was where Tony called Abdullah a liar. I understand why they highlighted the inconsistency/lie, but I didn't see how that one thing would have drastically changed the narrative or insunuate foul play.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
So far, I'm 2/4 on the series.

Bruiser Brody and the von Erichs were great episodes that covered some of the big tragedies of the industry and brought light to topics that haven't quite been covered to death.

Montreal Screwjob was competent, but it covered a very well tread area and didn't really feel like it justified itself. Though I think the episode itself was fine, I'd have rather they spent their efforts elsewhere.

Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth was really worthwhile for the interviews just shooting the shit about their old friends. The episode otherwise felt like they went in expecting to tell a much darker story, ended up finding out that the evidence didn't support their initial hypothesis, and were too far into production to change to another story.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
You have a lot of people saying Moolah is great, and a few saying she was an asshole. I believe she was both, she was great to some of the girls, the guys, the fans and an asshole to a lot of the girls. I agree with one of the girls, can't take away her legacy because she was an asshole, but we can agree that she was one to people and maybe ruined some lives and careers along the way.

I hope one day they talk about Mae Young since they openly talk about how she tougher then Moolah.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get that final bit, the same woman who earlier said Moolah tried to pimp her out was saying Moolah wasn't a pimp? What?

Even if you ignore all that though, Moolah's legacy was that she was a fucking terrible wrestler who set women's wrestling back decades. Kinda like Big Daddy in the UK, I guess.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
True story. I grew up in Lake Dallas, Texas originally, and the parents of all the Von Erich family were our neighbors. Probably the entire reason I'm into wrestling in the first place. I remember when the suicides started they shut down completely in a social sense. The parents were just gutted horribly.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absorb all of my wrestling knowledge strictly from third party sources and at a casual pace -

Is there even a light side of the ring?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I thought I posted in here after the Moolah episode that needed another 15 or so minutes, they left out a good deal of stuff on how much of a shithead Moolah was, I hoped they'd get the footage from Luna, and Sheri's shoot interviews on their shit with Moolah, maybe Penny Banner's too as well as something from Mad Maxine as well as her last "fuck you" to women's wrestling from sabotaging the Glamour Girls because they cut her out due to her stealing money from them and fucking them and the Jumping Bomb Angels out of a WrestleMania payday for a planned women's tag titles match that would've been the most money any of those women would probably ever make from a single match.

Oh then there was that weird Moolah apologist guy who I ended up coming across elsewhere trying to "cross examine" Luna's claim that Moolah sent her out when she was 16 or 17 to some guy to do "photo shoots" with fudging Luna's age in some bullshit attempt to debunk it.

I don't get that final bit, the same woman who earlier said Moolah tried to pimp her out was saying Moolah wasn't a pimp? What?

Even if you ignore all that though, Moolah's legacy was that she was a fucking terrible wrestler who set women's wrestling back decades. Kinda like Big Daddy in the UK, I guess.
Yeah but Big Daddy was a legit draw which Moolah never was as she put women's wrestling on life support in the U.S. The Princess Victoria thing really threw me for a loop too and a lot of people it seems.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Just watched The Wrestlers program. I'm not sure the reach of this program, or who else it will grab, but it does a great job of breaking down the confusing curtain that professional wrestling has on the casual person.