• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

222041dc0c9e447bbfd0f1869cf53e37f8c21280.png_1200x630.png
A video shared on social media is getting a lot of reactions as it appears a driver is trying to clear their coated windshield of snow while driving on Highway 401.

The 35-second video was posted to Facebook on Wednesday morning by user Gavin Gerbz with the caption" "BREAKING NEWS! 'BIRD BOX CHALLENGE' on the 401." The clip begins with a close-up view of the driver holding an extended brush out of the driver's side window as the SUV travels down the highway.

Only the top left corner of the windshield is clear, as a large amount of snow can be seen on the rest of the glass and the top part of the hood.
The driver can be seen sweeping the top left corner of the windshield as small pieces of snow fall down. The SUV can be seen slowing down in front of a box truck. The vehicle then picks up speed as the sheet of snow moves down slightly.
Edit: old video apparently-sorry I just saw it today.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems likely that the person was driving and the snow that was on top of the car slid down to cover the windshield? And if they were on the highway it's not like they could pull over easily

Kind of weird they got all the way to the expressway before clearing the snow off the windshield, it only takes a minute
Very weird . Which is why we can assume that snow didn't snow start on the windshield....

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Seems likely that the person was driving and the snow that was on top of the car slid down to cover the windshield? And if they were on the highway it's not like they could pull over easily

Very weird . Which is why we can assume that snow didn't snow start on the windshield....
I don't think you have to assume that. As a kid I drove to school with my head out the window a few times.

But that was rural Iowa, not big city.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you have to assume that. As a kid I drove to school with my head out the window a few times.

But that was rural Iowa, not big city.
I think I can assume that. There is zero snow on the top of the car but the windshield is covered while other cars have the same amount of snow on the top of the car while having none on the windshield

I've driven with my head out the window before but that was because of the window being icey or fogging up. The thing about snow is that it takes one second to swipe it away. If younger digdug2k drove with his head out the window rather than swiping away the snow then I worry for adult digdug2k

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I think I can assume that. There is zero snow on the top of the car but the windshield is covered while other cars have the same amount of snow on the top of the car while having none on the windshield

I've driven with my head out the window before but that was because of the window being icey or fogging up. The thing about snow is that it takes one second to swipe it away. If younger digdug2k drove with his head out the window rather than swiping away the snow then I worry for adult digdug2k
Haha. Ill give you that. Iowa is all ice. Not snow. Literally hacking through an inch of ice on my windshield was just something I wasn't prepared to do at 6:30am.

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Seems likely that the person was driving and the snow that was on top of the car slid down to cover the windshield?
Snow that slides off the top will also very easily slide right off the side if you turn on your wipers. Doesn't matter if it's a full windshield full of snow. If it just slid, it will slide again effortlessly.

This person probably left their wipers frozen solid before they started driving, instead of taking the time to clean the ice off them.

So this is still their fault, and they're still an unsafe driver and putting others at risk with their poor choices.

Also: clean the snow off the top of your cars before you drive, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.