• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Hello, video editors of Era.

I'm doing a final project in which I am editing together multiple clips of people from IG for a critique of the platform, and I need a video editing software that will allow me to piece them all together.

In addition, I want to blur/mosaic out their faces and add certain audio clips over their speech.

What video editing software would any of you familiar with Video editing recommend to do these things? I'm a student doing this all solo. Would any freeware allow me to do all of what I have listed above?

Thanks so much.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
DaVinci, HitFilm...

They have free versions and paid versions. Not sure if the free version has everything you need though.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I use Filmora. It's paid, but affordable; but most importantly, it's stupidly easy to use.

Oct 25, 2017
México
DaVinci and HitFilm are free but very advanced.

Try Filmora. I use it and it's very good and very simple. Not free, but very cheap... around $60 USD. You can try the full version for free. The only limitation is a watermark in the output video. But it is extremely easy to use. Very intuitive.

I tried dozens of editors, and Filmora was the one I liked the most for my needs.

Feb 1, 2018
Davinci Resolve is free and is what the pros use. It's simple to pick up and get going but also has a high skill ceiling. If you're just putting together clips on a timeline with basic effects you'll be fine.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
What you need is very basic, so finding a free editor to do that probably isn't going to be too hard. Never tried DaVinci, but I've heard decent things in the past.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I like Microsoft Movie Maker Classic/Version 6.0. Not sure about the face blurring though.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Editing is more about envisioning what you want to see, then the "hard" part is just making it happen. I'd imagine most programs out there can do what you are looking for, or at least there can be work around to making it happen.

For audio editing Audacity is free. Editing multiple clips is simple enough. The blurring part, if it is a stationary shot, can be done pretty easy since you don't need something that does key frames/tracking, but I'd hope all programs have them at this point.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
I use Premiere but have heard DaVinci is a great free alternative. A lot of Premiere users have been switching to it