• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think this is a Rocksteady project (even the character models don't look like anything they'd create), but even if you have no investment in HP, they have a great skillset for a HP game.

Rocksteady is really good at environment design. Not just the actual level/game design, but they are also do a great job playing with architectural styles. These are (some of) the things everyone liked about Arkham Asylum. Hogwarts is the ultimate Arkham Asylum. It would've been pretty good!

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That looked pretty great!

swish5pf9c.gif
Yeah, really liked this.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need the classes to be some actual brain busters.

Not that shit from Bully.

I want it all. All 7 years.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks a bit rough around the edges but it's clear this was made for an internal showing, you don't show HUDs and such in proper trailers. I wonder when this is coming. I'm not very much interested in the franchise but the game looks interesting enough.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I am very intrigued by this and hope this gets officially announced sooner than later. I've been waiting for a modern open world Hogwarts game for years now.

This also reinvigorates my hopes for a another dedicated quidditch game.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doing well means we could get more HP games which, hell yes. All the HP games forever and ever. Even the new mobile game is fun it's just ruined by forcing you to endure the god awful micro-transactions.

Nov 8, 2017
Avalanche (possibly) confirmed?

It's basically common knowledge that Avalanche is doing work on the Harry Potter IP. Like leaks galore. However, they were only sold by Disney to WB 18 months ago. It seems implausible that it would be so complete-looking so fast.

The possibilities are:

• They worked really fast and got a good looking trailer already, although the game is nowhere near complete despite how good it looks here.
  • It was in development by Avalanche prior to them being sold to WB.
  • It is being developed by another studio, not Avalanche
  • It was being developed by someone else and Avalanche took over development or began co-development.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They do need to show that combat isn't the primary gameplay cycle though, I don't need to have 100+ combat encounters in a Harry Potter game.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It helps a lot it's being built on UE4. Gives them a big head start instead of having to build an engine from scratch

Oh absolutely. I think that probably also lets them mess around and try different things these games have never done before. They've done a stellar job already based on that footage and you said it's only been 2 years or so. That's really impressive and speaks volume of what the end product will end up being. They're actually putting effort into this and it isn't another licensed game. Sounds like you're right on the money with Spider-Man comparisons.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it weird that people are judging this as if the game is going to be revealed at TGA show and released early next year, guys, for a project that isn't coming until (presumably) two years from now, it looks like it has some serious production values under it so far.

Have patience!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically common knowledge that Avalanche is doing work on the Harry Potter IP. Like leaks galore. However, they were only sold by Disney to WB 18 months ago. It seems implausible that it would be so complete-looking so fast.

The possibilities are:

• They worked really fast and got a good looking trailer already, although the game is nowhere near complete despite how good it looks here.
  • It was being developed by someone else and Avalanche took over development or began co-development.

I mean its them

It looks as good as it does because they are using UE4

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God this would be incredible. Loved the old HP games on the GameCube.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks a bit rough around the edges but it's clear this was made for an internal showing, you don't show HUDs and such in proper trailers. I wonder when this is coming. I'm not very much interested in the franchise but the game looks interesting enough.

The possibilities are:

According to the guy who initially leaked the video on reddit, he says he was paid to watch the video and answer a questionnaire as part of a focus group. They said no recording but no one checked him for his phone so he leaked it. So this video is for internal focus group testing, not actual public media.