• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
NOT BEING DEVELOPED BY ROCKSTEADY

Just saw this on Press Start.

https://my.mixtape.moe/scyeev.mp4

Set in the 19th Century (1800's) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins to brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny - the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES
  • Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types
  • Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.
  • Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
  • Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time.
  • Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
  • Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films

This morning, footage claiming to be of an under-wraps Harry Potter project appeared online. The video looked professionally made, and now sources with knowledge of the project have confirmed to Eurogamer that the project is indeed real and currently in development.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-02-no-rocksteady-isnt-making-the-leaked-harry-potter-game

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I want this to be legit. But I don't want to hurt myself believing this is real.

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Avalanche was developing the Harry Potter game?
I was just going off what the article had, but I guess Avalanche is a possibility?

Whilst it's obviously not known yet, it's been long speculated that Rocksteady's new game would be revealed this year, and there's already a lot of chatter that this could be it. It'd make sense considering Warnerbros has the rights to Harry Potter and Rocksteady is a Warnerbros owned studio.

Edit: I reported the thread and asked for Rocksteady to be removed from the title.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is Avalanche, not Rocksteady. But the footage looks legit.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That looked awesome. I'm in.

Edit: There's no way in hell someone faked all that, eg an entire trailer full of a huge diversity of gameplay areas, mechanics, levels, enemies, powers, characters, story moments, bosses and all the rest, especially at such high production values. It has got to be legit.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I never knew I wanted this but I'd be hyped if this was Rocksteadys new game.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely a AAA Harry Potter game in development, but its not Rocksteady doing it as far as I'm aware

That said day fucking 1 when it releases

That footage looks great (and real)

Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE BE REAL.
giphy.gif

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good. HP is a really untapped franchise, videogame-wise. It has been so long since those early movie-videogame-book adaptations.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so Rocksteady's next AAA game is a Harry Potter game?...why is this the first I'm hearing of it...I thought rumors had them working on a possible Superman game

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
My Rocksteady hype dies with the Harry Potter IP so I hope its a different dev. Id be glad for all the fans out there but this is not for me.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, please let this be true! O: An open world Harry Potter RPG or an open world Pokemon RPG was always a wet dream of mine, for the last 20 years. This would be so amazing if true.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced this game around the time Fantastic Beast 2 comes out (mid-November) to increase excitement temporarily in the HP brand.