• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Hi All! Just wanted to help christen the new site with a little contest that I hope people have fun with. Since Halloween is in less than a week, I wanted to make a video game pumpkin carving contest for people here.

The rules are as follows:
1. Carve a video game related pumpkin. It can be a character, a logo, etc...
2. Take a picture of it along with your ResetEra username so that we know it's you.
3. Submit picture before November 1.

I will buy the winner a game of their choice (no more than $60).

Have fun guys!

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Wow this is really cool of you. I'm ass at pumpkin carving so I won't bother but I can't wait to see what people create :)

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I have a huge pumpkin sitting on my porch just waiting to be carved this weekend. I was originally planning on doing an Auburn logo but I think I'll change it to something gaming related now.

GutZ31

Oct 25, 2017
oh boy, time to look on google search for the perfect carving, and then photoshop myself into the picture.
latest

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
That still turned out pretty well I think. Plus if you're the only one entering then you'll be the winner by default lol
Now wait just a minute.

DNWwdQWX0AAL5jS.jpg

DNWwg3IWsAEbZfD.jpg

...Carving for the first time in well over a decade doesn't exactly end well, but Skyworld needed a little representation.

May Lady Palutena something something I did a Kid Icarus pumpkin.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Here are mine. I forgot to take pics with my ResetERA name, if you want me to retake, let me know.

No stencil, but I drew with a dry erase first. My son absolutely loves Cuphead, so I made this with him. He made the straw and he cut out most of the holes. I did the scraping.

WMN5pp6l.jpg

eWA5iw3l.jpg

yOcUZQRh.jpg

And you can see in the corner, the other one I did for fun :-p
pKJgVeql.jpg

TheJuFox

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Sendou and TheJuFox' "Stardew Valley ON Nintendo Switch"

Junimo and Nintendo Switch logo
image.jpg

Stardrop
image.jpg
image.jpg

EDIT: look at those beautiful rotated pictures..

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten around to carving mine this year yet. Going to tonight, but may not finish it in time for this contest. But I do a video game one every year. Hopefully it is okay if I post mine from last year just for fun (I know it won't count for the contest). Here is one one I did of Tanooki Mario last year:

tanooki-mario-jack-o-lantern-backlit.jpg

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I will now attempt to futilely make mine look better by providing a picture of the subject in Halloween twilight.

DNgJCyxXUAELWBR.jpg
Happy Halloween, everyone!

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Here is mine for this year based on Yoshi. I did his head on the front and an egg on the back so that the egg would project like a bat signal of sorts onto the wall.

Good picture of it in the dark with the egg projection:
yoshi-pumpkin-final-2.jpg

A picture of the egg on the backside (I originally shaved it, but it didn't show up bright enough on the wall, so I had to go the cutout route and use paper clips to hold two of the spots up!):
yoshi-pumpkin-final-3.jpg

And one final one with my name, so you know it's mine:
yoshi-pumpkin-tripopt55-resetera.jpg

DDayton

Oct 27, 2017
I knew I forgot to do something this year.

This is from last year. Too late to get a free game, sadly, but such is life!

JjxAccR.jpg
JjxAccR.jpg

OP
OP
Knight613

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks for the entries guys!

I'm going to have to award the win to TripOpt55. The Yoshi egg projecting onto the wall is a cool touch.

A lot of cool pumpkins were carved though and I hope the people that participated had fun doing them.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the entries guys!

I'm going to have to award the win to TripOpt55. The Yoshi egg projecting onto the wall is a cool touch.

A lot of cool pumpkins were carved though and I hope the people that participated had fun doing them.
Glad you liked it! Thanks again for doing the contest. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's carvings. I live in the woods, so the only people that see my pumpkin are people that come by my house, so I really like sharing it online. Having a contest like this made it extra exciting!

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I actually got home on Halloween and some kid left a note saying "nice cuphead pumpkin, it's lit."

Congrats to the winner, I agree that the projection was a nice touch
Thanks. You did a great job with yours. I love the straw. I have never added something like that to a pumpkin before. Is it a painted cardboard tube? I can't quite tell. Great idea.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Thanks. You did a great job with yours. I love the straw. I have never added something like that to a pumpkin before. Is it a painted cardboard tube? I can't quite tell. Great idea.
Yup! I just used a paper towel roll and my son painted it. It was a last minute thing, I'll have to plan it out more next time. Congrats again!

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Some of these are awesome! This was my attempt this year:

DNdd28GX4AAd5oS.jpg

I normally carve my pumpkin related to whatever game I'm currently playing!

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pumpkin.jpg

Mine is Kirby. :)

Edit: I don't expect to win, since mine isn't very good, but I have no way of taking a picture with a username card. I could link to the GAF thread I created at the beginning of October though. Or supply a picture of myself carving the pumpkins. lol

Last edited: