• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
It's NOT video games.
It's NOT guns.

It's the MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE who did the shooting that's to blame.

A video game can't kill anyone. And guns don't load and fire themselves. Seriously, never blame what's actually responsible. The PERSON!!!
There is literally zero good reason that doesn't come at the expense of people's lives to not have tighter gun control and take automatic weapons out of civilian hands. If this were a hunting rifle, many people could still be alive. Better yet, there could have simply been the absence of a gun. Disarming people is a major step towards disabling their capacity to do ill, and treating their illnesses is the other step. Half measures are not adequate when fucking children are dying.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People laughing at other blaming video games, while blaming guns don't get it either.

Blame the person committing the crime.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
"There are games that literally replicate and give people the ability to score points for doing the very same thing that these students are doing inside of schools, where you get extra points for finishing someone off who's lying there begging for their life."
Hotline Miami, the new face of our youth's degeneracy. Not that he actually knows it exists in the first place.

Lysistrata

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paradise Lost
Lots of video games and people playing them in this country, not many getting shot. Oh, I know, it's because they can't get their hands on guns.
Imagine that correlation.
Governor, you're a dumb shitball.

OP
OP

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People laughing at other blaming video games, while blaming guns don't get it either.

Yes, the person who committed the atrocity goes to prison for life.

Others still ask American's to point out other countries with the same amount of mass shootings/school shootings.

I can assure you mental health problems are booming in Europe. If people don't have easy access to guns they can't go into schools and shoot people.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The quickest way to tell somebody's knowledge of what a videogame is doesn't extend further than the arcade era is when they constantly talk about "points"

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Idk governor. I can sleep at night knowing people are playing violent video games that satirizes the consequences of poor gun control laws in the USA.

How can you sleep at night voting against harsher gun laws?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well tbh it makes sense.
The US is the only country in the world where they sell shootbang videogames.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It's NOT video games.
It's NOT guns.

A video game can't kill anyone. And guns don't load and fire themselves. Seriously, never blame what's actually responsible. The PERSON!!!
Without easy access to an AR-15 he would not have been able to kill 17 people. Guns are the problem.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's NOT video games.
It's NOT guns.

Crazy people shouldn't have easy access to death machines. Of course the individual is responsible, but society shares blame for arming. He didn't build a gun or will it into existence

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Not guns, the normalization of white supremacy, or the fetishization of the military.

It's the evil video games!

Acerac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why not blame both the person and the tool they used?

America can improve on mental health and gun control. Both would be beneficial.
The quickest way to tell somebody's knowledge of what a videogame is doesn't extend further than the arcade era is when they constantly talk about "points"
I could see an achievement for killing a guy begging for his life.

I'd legitimately be surprised if that is not a thing in a game.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You got a point, but if guns weren't so easily accessible, would he have been able to kill that many people in the first place? He could have gone on a stabbing spree, but someone was bound to defend themselves and take his sorry ass down.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This moron is not gonna get any traction with his bullshit, so im not too worried about that.

That being said, how long until someone tries to blame this on Hatred ?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
As a Kentuckian and a gamer, fuck you Bevin. You've done nothing but made this state worse. You take money away from teacher's and other worker's pension to fund your hard on for Cops and prison guards. I can't wait to vote you out.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Come to think of it I haven't played School Shooter Simulator yet, is it any good? There's actually no video game that 'literally replicates the ability to do the same thing that these students are doing inside of schools'. Absolutely ridiculous but that's the point. The point is to deflect people from looking at the real problem.

This guy would rather regulate video games and let children die than regulate guns. It's a crime against humanity.

I actually have imagined about making a game where you try and survive a school shooting. I think it would actually be really fun. Maybe if it was an online game where one person, or a man ai, was the attacker and you could work together, or alone, to defeat them or escape. I think it would be fun as long as it's not based on any true events.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah the shooter killed those kids with video games. That's awful. Video game violence is out of control in this country. So many killed by video games every year. I bet he bought those video games legally too. If you criminalize video games though, only criminals will have them. The answer here is clear. We need more video games. The only person who can stop a bad guy with a video game is a good guy with a video game.

This song and dance is soul crushingly depressing.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ullaqld.jpg

Beaten so hard

OP
OP

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Kentuckian and a gamer, fuck you Bevin. You've done nothing but made this state worse. You take money away from teacher's and other worker's pension to fund your hard on for Cops and prison guards. I can't wait to vote you out.

He definitely gives the state a bad name with this nonsense. Heck, he gives decent Christians a bad name too.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Shut the fuck up Bevin, and get your ass out of our governor's mansion. This state has a lot of problems, but right now you might be the worst.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Seriously, it's like we've traveled back in time. If you'd told me this was a quote from the 90's or the early 00's I wouldn't have questioned it for a second.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I do. I also blame those unwilling to do anything at all to decrease the likelihood and severity of more events like this. We've had 18 of these so far this year. Who is to blame for all the other ones we're gonna have?

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It seems that kids getting their hands on mature video games is a more important factor for mass shootings than getting their hands on real guns that need an adult license.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I actually have imagined about making a game where you try and survive a school shooting. I think it would actually be really fun. Maybe if it was an online game where one person, or a man ai, was the attacker and you could work together, or alone, to defeat them or escape. I think it would be fun as long as it's not based on any true events.
Welcome to the American dystopia:

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they're just a bunch of old people that don't know anything else to blame but video games. Ones that give you "points," because people still care about high scores in video games, right?

It's 2018. Video games as a means of corrupting the youth is old news. No one cares about that anymore. Clearly they're not paying attention to what kids are ACTUALLY doing these days. If you want a modern scapegoat, go after YouTube and social media, as that's what's actually screwing kids up.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Welcome to the American dystopia:

Wow
There's like no original ideas these days haha.

I actually would play a game like that if it was more fleshed out and had more interactions. From the video, that seems like just a set simulator. Of course these tragedies shouldn't be mocked, parodized, or anything, but I think the video game medium is a different territory.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Was only a matter of time before someone blamed Video Games. Was hoping we were mostly past this nonsense.

As someone that lives in Kentucky I wish he would keep quiet about things he clearly doesn't know about and has no scientific backing.