• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Er, yes, he is. Biden has been a key figure in US foreign policy circles for over thirty years. He's worked extensively with America's allies in that period, whether as the leading Senate Democrat on the foreign relations committee or as VP (and before Obama selected him to be VP, he was regularly mooted as a likely Secretary of State). In diplomatic circles he's both well-known and generally well-liked.

None of which means you have to support him as the nominee or whatever, but it's nonsense to pretend he wasn't a big wheel on the world stage for a long time.

You listed his CV? I thought we were talking about how liked he is internationally. Internationally he is renowned for being a fucking creep, and being one of many established politicians who seem to be completely void of knowledge or talent.

You listed his CV? I thought we were talking about how liked he is internationally. Internationally he is renowned for being a fucking creep, and being one of many established politicians who seem to be completely void of knowledge or talent.
We were. The suggestion that Biden is not well-liked in international circles and that leaders would be talking about him in the manner they were with Trump is simply groundless. That's the point of his "CV", as you put it. Biden was a major figure on the world stage for a very long time, and he earned generally positive reviews. Hence that's why, for instance, he was regularly suggested as a probable Secretary of State until Obama made him VP.

As for how the general public sees him internationally, I suspect you rather overstate the case, in much the same way that many are convinced Biden is widely disliked domestically despite him leading the primary and polling very well in general election matchups.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

From a Swedish PoV, nothing is accurate here though. Sure there were news on his creepiness, but also on his follow-up apology which seems to be taken as genuine.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I dislike Trudeau for how he has handled issues with indigenous issues but this I'll admit makes me smile

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair Boris Johnson's buffoonery always seemed a bit more calculated to me than Trumps. More like an intentional distraction of what an asshole he really is, where Trump just seems like a genuine fuckup.

I remember listening to a report by a journalist who'd followed Johnson around to a couple of speeches in the earlier days of his political career, and found that he performed the exact same routine of bumbling about and pretending to have forgotten his notes, before giving an identical seemingly off-the-cuff performance with the same disarming quips and jokes. Johnson's definitely crafted a deliberate persona of clumsiness.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I remember listening to a report by a journalist who'd followed Johnson around to a couple of speeches in the earlier days of his political career, and found that he performed the exact same routine of bumbling about and pretending to have forgotten his notes, before giving an identical seemingly off-the-cuff performance with the same disarming quips and jokes. Johnson's definitely crafted a deliberate persona of clumsiness.

BoJo, according to his sister, learned early on that he could people on his side by acting like a smart guy that acts the fool instead of actually preparing for any specific situation.

He's not Trump-level stupid+mentally ill+demented, but he's not nearly as smart as he implies he is under his obvious act of the bumbling, affable lad. Much like president Dumb he doesn't care for details, hardly prepares, has no standards and no goals beyond personal power.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I hope there's a focus on those dumb ass shoe lifts he uses to make him the height he claims to be. It's why that fat mother fucker is always lurching forward when he's standing.
1*6-MPRi55oBECO6mrZEQfAg.png
Fuck he has terrible posture

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't see a story to link to, but via CNN, unsurprisingly, Trump's aides just confirmed that he was "fuming" after seeing the video of him being badmouthed. Trudeau was interviewed and asked to confirm what had happened, to which he confirmed he was definitely talking about Trump, but didn't apologize at all.

Trump's going to be even more mad over that.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Trudeau was interviewed and asked to confirm what had happened, to which he confirmed he was definitely talking about Trump, but didn't apologize at all.
Haha! Oh no! He should have just coyly said "it was just a little ribbing for being late. I think Donald can handle it. ;) " Knowing he completely could not handle it at all. Would have taken heat off Trudeau and made Trump even more constipated with anger. Oh well, still a nice guy, that Trudeau.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a story to link to, but via CNN, unsurprisingly, Trump's aides just confirmed that he was "fuming" after seeing the video of him being badmouthed. Trudeau was interviewed and asked to confirm what had happened, to which he confirmed he was definitely talking about Trump, but didn't apologize at all.

Trump's going to be even more mad over that.

From an American perspective, Trump *wants* to act like a King and punish people in countries whose leaders don't kiss his ass, but he's hamstrung by the Democratic process -- what Trump allies call "The deep state" -- in really acting out. Even punitive economic measures Trump can influence, like sanctions, get tied up in bureaucracy. Whenever Trump threatens sanctions, on Twitter, at rallies, et.c, it takes months and months of formal process to implement anything and things like this just won't be acted on by "the deep state" (career diplomats and officials in American government who protect Trump from himself)

As an American I really don't want Trudeau to apologize, equivocate, or try to take some the heat off. Pres. Trump is an indolent baby and he should be treated like that by world leaders. But, I also get that nobody wants to be on the receiving end of punitive bull shit by the most powerful economic country in the world, simply for their leaders being caught speaking truth about the adult baby in the white house.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Haha! Oh no! He should have just coyly said "it was just a little ribbing for being late. I think Donald can handle it. ;) " Knowing he completely could not handle it at all. Would have taken heat off Trudeau and made Trump even more constipated with anger. Oh well, still a nice guy, that Trudeau.
Hell no. By not playing coy about it or trying to make some excuse like he was joking (everyone knows he/they weren't because they didn't expect to be caught) puts him in a stronger position.

As I mentioned before, this is going to piss Trump off more than if Trudeau played coy. It's basically a, "yeah, and?" reply. lol

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Hell no. By not playing coy about it or trying to make some excuse like he was joking (everyone knows he/they weren't because they didn't expect to be caught) puts him in a stronger position.

As I mentioned before, this is going to piss Trump off more than if Trudeau played coy. It's basically a, "yeah, and?" reply. lol
I am preserving my own interest as a Canadian to not be THE target of punitive measures should impeachment + laugh-gate drive Trump to the brink. lol Let Boris take the heat!

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I am preserving my own interest as a Canadian to not be THE target of punitive measures should impeachment + laugh-gate drive Trump to the brink. lol Let Boris take the heat!
He'll tariff the hell out of maple syrup and you'll like it.

It's Trump. That's all he knows about Canada. That, and it's "up" on the map from Mar-a-lago.