• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neat.
Some of those buildings looks like the ones you can see in front of Capital Knot City in Death Stranding

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this will never die. I'm waiting for the day a new version is found on a developer kit.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I would never be scared by Lisa ever again but here we are.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kojima should make the same game he intended silent hills to be and just change the names and trademarked stuff

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think it can't hurt more, something like this is released. ;_;

The amount of detail in the environment that goes beyond the P.T demo leads me to believe that we might have received a second, more comprehensive demo at a later time (assuming the game wasn't cancelled that is), or that it all could have been part of the main game as a whole. Super interesting stuff.

Thanks for posting it, OP! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some crying to do.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
PT was the best Silent Hill thing since the original quadilogy.

But don't worry, with Konami at the helm no one will ever make another Silent Hill again.
While great. Its was just a tech demo with barely any character development/writing to judge its quality. Based on Kojima's recent output I'm okay with Konami not allowing him any chances for any Mario and Princess Beach moments.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember trying this game unexpectedly, walking into that thing shivering in the hallway and being like...

tenor.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool, but sad to think it's probably the last new thing we'll ever see out of PT/Silent Hills.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Twist that knife more why dontcha :P

This will never not sting, my favorite genre with some of my favorite creative talent working together, this could've been a GOAT title not only for horror games but gaming in general. What could've been, fuck Konami and all that.

At least a recent interview has Kojima expressing an interest in horror again so maybe we'll get to see some of the concepts he had planned for Hills in whatever that turns out to be.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
While great. Its was just a tech demo with barely any character development/writing to judge its quality. Based on Kojima's recent output I'm okay with Konami not allowing him any chances for any Mario and Princess Beach moments.

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed Death Stranding I'm honestly unsure whether Kojima can restrain himself enough to exhibit the subtlety and brevity necessary to sustain a good horror experience throughout an entire game. The fact that PT's cryptic hints toward a greater narrative were never followed up on is part of what makes it so effective to this day, whereas I feel like a full Silent Hills would've had like 30 minutes of cutscenes explaining every line of the radio broadcast.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as much as I enjoyed Death Stranding I'm honestly unsure whether Kojima can restrain himself enough to exhibit the subtlety and brevity necessary to sustain a good horror experience throughout an entire game. The fact that PT's cryptic hints toward a greater narrative were never followed up on is part of what makes it so effective to this day, whereas I feel like a full Silent Hills would've had like 30 minutes of cutscenes explaining every line of the radio broadcast.
Exactly this. Thank you. I could kiss you.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure we will. In some way.

Silent Hill: Pachinko Table, or Silent Hill: P.T for short.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As it turns out, alot of the area shown in the cutscene with Reedus at the end is actually rendered and explorable in-game. Even in such an unfinished state, it's spooky.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Very interesting. Always thought it was a recorded cutscene rather than it being real time. Always wanted to know if we could go further than what we were shown, so this is a very cool discovery. It's so intriguing to think that someone at KojiPro took the time to go that far into making the street feel kind of detailed, considering the cutscene is barely a minute long. Pretty cool nonetheless.

Question: Reading the comments, someone mentioned that PT takes place in the Northwestern part of the USA, is that true? Where did Silent Hill originally take its inspiration from, anyway?