• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was on reddit and started watching this video of the rarest steak in the world being cooked

https://youtu.be/MURPf_6r8z4?t=339

but as i was watching at around 5:40 i saw something shocking

giphy.gif

you can actually see the steak switch to a lower LOD asset when the camera zooms out

has anyone else noticed glitches in real life?

Last edited:

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
the zoomed out shot is a completely different shot of the steak. the camera didn't actually do that zoom out that was done in post

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I remember a photo of some poles in hawaii at midday that looked like a lighting/shader bug, but try finding that on the nightmare that is the Internet.

edit: nvm found it lol

1ary2TgTID1s_gSAOmhyVzVYEJhLj1S5Ifynyt7SSPU.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
There's this photograph posted either here or at the old place of a house. But the shadows coming from the rooftop were cast in a way that made it actually look like a low resolution shadow map.

Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: It's this

BhDGiPF.jpg

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
There's this photograph posted either here or at the old place of a house. But the shadows coming from the rooftop were cast in a way that made it actually look like a low resolution shadow map.

Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: It's this

BhDGiPF.jpg
Damn jaggies.

Edit:
There's a street light in my neighborhood that hangs directly above a tree. The light is actually comprised of many tiny LEDs, and the resulting shadow cast by the tree looks glitchy. I'll swing by the spot tonight and see if it's worthy of this thread.

OP
OP
Mona

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the zoomed out shot is a completely different shot of the steak. the camera didn't actually do that zoom out that was done in post

nah, the camera zoom jolts back for a moment while also readjusting focus

i doubt they're doing anything to fancy with the video like combing shots in post

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I was thinking today how it makes no sense that, when one of two lanes is closed, traffic is 10x slower. Must be a glitch.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was on reddit and started watching this video of the rarest steak in the world being cooked

https://youtu.be/MURPf_6r8z4?t=339

but as i was watching at around 5:40 i saw something shocking

giphy.gif

you can actually see the steak switch to a lower LOD asset when the camera zooms out

has anyone else noticed glitches in real life?

The animation is terrible too.

EDIT: Guy on the right is spinning on the spot too. What is this amateur hour?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have an extremely heavy steel coffee table that I hate. I have smashed my toes into it several times.

Last time I did it, they clipped right through the geo and I broke three toes verts.