• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
assassins_creed_iii_limited_edition_xbox_360_ps3_ntsc_ubisoft_gamestop_exclusive_.jpg

I honestly got it for the flag hahahaha

I'm surprised Dunkey didn't post about the Grid 2 preorder.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...he-most-expensive-collector-39-s-edition.aspx

Deadmau5 bought it apparently.

Harusame

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
I am usually keen on getting a collector's edition of a game if it is either a JRPG that I know I will enjoy and/or has a really good CD soundtrack. For example, the last few collector's edition that I purchased were for Persona 5, Fire Emblem, World of Final Fantasy and Bravely Default & Second. I do appreciate a good plush item and small tangible items such as key-chains it comes in the collector's edition, such as Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 CE.

Other than that, I can do without the steel-book and large figurines, though the Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2 CE with the Goku figure was tempting. I don't mind if art book are/not included.

MuzikFreq

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon had probably the best IMHO. Only was $100 and has a decent sized figure of Aloy that took down a watcher. Art book and steelbook case. Wish it came with a code for the soundtrack and would have made it way better.
33137411656_3b68d010cf_k.jpg

Gaocho

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like most collector editions come with just a sample of what the OST / artwork should be, that's the reason I stopped buying them.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
World of Warcraft (and Blizzard CEs in general) get awesome CEs. Always happy with em.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
shortly after i tearfully parted ways with all of my collectors edition statuettes and halo 3 cat helmet, i finally lost my virginity. coincidence???

the only ones i couldn't bring myself to throw in the garbage we're ezio from assassins creed 2 and nathan drake from uncharted 3. smaller, easier to stow away.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Feel this like have been sucking more and more. Last one I bought was for Arkham Knight and I regretted it. Witcher 3 had a pretty nice one.

Nowadays I tend to choose LEs, nice little package, sexy steelbook, none of that plastic shit you don't know what to do with.

CUD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, a lot of them are stupid but some aren't so bad. The Just Cause or Doom ones for just over $100 with a statue or replica seems pretty good for collectors.

Selling one of these editions without the game is the worst thing there but the rest aren't so bad really. I suppose it depends on the price of the ones with just stickers and steel books and how big a fan the consumer is to justify that price.

The way he presented the video worked, it made all collectors editions look bad so it got the point/joke across. I just don't think it's always a problem.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think the last CE i bought was either the one for Mankind Divided or the not was expensive but still came with a nice steelbook edition of FF15

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a difference between Collector's and Limited Editions? They've always felt interchangeable to me. I love when these editions have CDs included, it's usually what brings me over if I haven't fully committed. The one included in Fire Emblem Warriors is great. Best Buy's GCU makes it a lot easier to spend money on these things, so if a developer I particularly like is releasing one I usually try to grab it. I absolutely love the Bravely Default and Bravely Second packages. It's too bad the art book for Second had a few images removed though. Nintendo was going through a weird phase back then. Ah well, I'll take that over having to import it and pay more than I'd like for shipping. It's amazing what we got almost the same art book that was sold separately in Japan.

8zVpUtc.png

I have the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition too. This might be the rarest one I have, as most tend to not be nearly as limited as the name implies. The hardcover companion book is great. As for bad ones though? The Danganronpa 1 & 2 ones are awful. The "art books" NISA added are essentially pamphlets. I suppose they skimp on the LEs for games that will do well regardless and put the actual good stuff, like hardcover books, in the ones for titles that won't do that well.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
I like buying CE with big decent looking statues, but usually, only when they are on sale for least 50% off or close to regular edition pricing. My recent bought sales were Halo 5, Gears 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield 1, Mirror Edge Catalyst and Recore.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24766

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I enjoy buying collector's editions for specific games that I enjoy - thought it does depend on the price point, size, and its limited factor. Recently I have purchased the Wolfenstein 2 CE, Mafia 3 CE, and Assassin's Creed Origins Gods edition. Wolfenstein 2 was on sale for 72 USD + free shipping, AC Origins was on sale for 90 USD + Free Shipping, and Mafia 3 CE was only 30 USD. All had interesting factors to them.

Though there are times where a CE looks cool, but turns out to be a giant scam. Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite was a perfect example. Thankfully I decided the game wasn't interesting enough for me to purchase it and I am glad I made that decision.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I love some collectors editions of games. I guess it just depends on the game and what it comes with. I got the P5 steal your heart edition and while most of it is random crap I'll never use I do think it's cool to have I guess. I don't really know why. I also tend to buy collectors editions because I'm a huge sucker for art books and figures. Collecting is a problem.

Storm Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most special editions are rubbish and I tend to avoid them and go for the lower, cheaper, usually steelbook only variety, but I got the Persona 5 Take Your Heart edition and have no regrets, and I've pre-ordered Yakuza 6's special edition while I'm at it which looks just as good.

Y6_glam_comp_1502933556.jpg
This looks nice but I GARE-OWN-TEE those glasses will get cracked in shipping.