• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018

Just released. Interesting take on the game

Has some final world segment spoilers

Score on the game:
1/5

Last edited:

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Can't disagree with most of what he said but still had a good time.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
goddang. the review was pretty much someone tired of all the carried baggage held onto for 13 year

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
THIS MIGHT BE A GOOD SPOT TO FIND SOME INGREDIENTS

I will say that opening with the Simple and Clean instrumental was a good choice.

Comandr

Feb 14, 2018
Having literally just started the gummiship segment and gotten bombarded with tutorial windows, that segment really hit home with me.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I loved KH3 but has points about the Disney levels having bad stories and the dialogue being stilted and over-expository.

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
He's right tbh. The whole entire series is a mess story wise. If they do another KH game they should seriously consider just wiping the slate clean. Reboot the whole thing.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
aeFwpWP.jpg

(Disclaimer: Haven't purchased the game itself but I've been enjoying discussing the redonkoulous plot decisions so far.)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Not a new take on the game, but one that is exaggerated to slight comedic value utilizing good video editing.

End result is a tad hyperbolic, at least in contrast to my own experience playing the game. I'm enjoying the gameplay and the Disney elements, as has been the case for me and Kingdom Hearts games since II (where I personally kind of lost interest in the direction of the story), kinda still elevates it to a tolerably enjoyable level despite me harboring almost no fondness for the original story they're telling. I kind of get what the story is trying to do after deep diving like 4 hours worth of content on the web prior to the game's released, but that doesn't mean I really like it or find a ton of value in it... Still, it's a hell of a burden this game has to carry, and it's not hard under that weight to land either in extreme favor or disfavor with this game.

Fun video, but not the most original take, I'd say. Looks pretty in line with the disfavorable response narrative that already exists toward Kingdom Hearts -- it's just entertaining to watch for it's good editing of a lot of "self-aware" scenes and hyperbolic language.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The intro was great and I knew exactly where it was headed, didn't disappoint. Funny thing about Dunkey's scoring is that I've always taken them as a joke but this time idk....

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't agree with any of it. It's cool though. KH3 was an excellent conclusion to the saga imo

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
I haven't played this game but I have watched streams. And I can say that its really boring to watch ppl play it, in my opinion.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Dunkey just out AngryJoed AngryJoe without getting angry and in 1/8th the average length of Joe's reviews. Those clips visually detailing each complaint he makes were on point. Brutal.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have never played a kingdom hearts game, but i always assumed its awful, nonsensical story was part of its charm and the games were self-aware.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's probably right on most of these criticism. I still think is quite a fun ride. So my opinion is better, but still put me on the list of people of thinking "How did this game got such high scores?"

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
This video is peak Dunkey and one of his best. This thread is gonna be great entertainment as well

Praise the Dunk

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, i wonder if it's like his TLOU review where he does a shitty vid for views and then has to retread everything because later he gets it/gets shit on.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Funny video but aside from that it just continues the narrative that KH has a complicated and nonsensical story when all the examples he used were explained in previous games

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for anime cheese but even I cringed at that, its worse than fire emblem warriors lol

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Considering he freely engages in homophobic slurs like (f*****) I think we shouldn't host his content or give him any clicks.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dialogue is awful in this game. Wasn't enough to impact how much I enjoy it, but I can see why it might do for someone else.