• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"This level sucks my ass 3000... Tony Stark said that" this killed me.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
0191-006.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe you can play that level without a heated gamer moment™

Last edited:

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one has been making the rounds on social media a lot the past week. I don't know how you have the patience to beat this.
my sister showed me a video of this and asked why this mario level was so hard. didn't know where she even saw this from so yeah its been making the rounds.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Really doesn't look too difficult compared to the hell holes that have you throwing shells off walls to jump off them while navigating a bombomb at the same time to hit an on off switch while dodging fire, buzzsaws, and whatever else for almost 3 minutes without any breathing room for any mistake.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Really doesn't look too difficult compared to the hell holes that have you throwing shells of walls to jump off them while navigating a bombomb at the same time to hit an on off switch while dodging fire, buzzsaws, snd whatever else for almost 3 minutes without any breathing room for any mistake.
Kaizo levels are the most fun part of Mario Maker and it's a shame that they removed a lot of the techniques used in 1

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
This level requires an insane ammount of memorization to beat it, but it is not so demanding skillwise.

I think Dan Salvato's Lethal Injection is the hardest MM2 level I've seen so far, because that is some bs that requires freaking precise inputs.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It feels so anti climatic that it doesn't end with the top of the flag pole.

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for something fresher than the 1-1 Fire Bar remix that has circulated for a while as a notorious meme level, but it seems like this channel's approach to SMM2 is to chase content that has already been established as a surefire hit, which is a letdown. From the title I was hoping for something more like GrandPOOBear's horrendous grind through SMM1's The Pinnacle of Level Design (starts at around 6:30, and long, but already edited down and worth the sit).

Really doesn't look too difficult compared to the hell holes that have you throwing shells off walls to jump off them while navigating a bombomb at the same time to hit an on off switch while dodging fire, buzzsaws, and whatever else for almost 3 minutes without any breathing room for any mistake.

While I don't have the technique to play these myself, when you watch Super Expert streamers tackle these, you start to realize that Kaizo stages can be reliably brought to heel by a skilled player with practice and patience. From there they seem much less intimidating because the pool of tricks they draw on is not actually that large and is well documented, even if it's beyond the vast majority of players to ever execute them. They're designed to be fair and readable for their extremely limited target audience.

Kaizo levels are the most fun part of Mario Maker and it's a shame that they removed a lot of the techniques used in 1

It's no different from things like bomb physics and skip methods changing between Metroid games. High-end speedrunners know how to compartmentalize and adapt. SMM1 had one skill set, and SMM2 calls on another; not a big deal. And SMM2 is still such a young game with so many new interactions to exploit.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always wonder if people who build these sadistic things have some sort of secret route to beating it because holy fuck.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that the guy with the world record on the "Bowser's Big Bean Burrito" stage?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much all trial and error and what it really tests is just your patience to spend 5 or more hours to learn all the correct movements.

But from a design perspective it's pretty amazing how someone was able to place all the fire bars in such a way that allows for one perfect path through it.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's with the canceling circlejerk on this forum?
It happens so fucking much now. A few people find something they don't like about a person, so they feel the need to derail every single thread about said person in the hopes that everyone will feel the same way they do.

It's... really turned me off this place.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
One person made one post and half the thread's dedicated to piling on them to stan for a racist/homophobic asshole.

What a fuckin' mess.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Dunkey is actually quite good at video games judging from a lot of his videos. I know he plays an insane amount so that's gotta pay off somehow.

I could never beat a level like this, but the "hardest" levels are probably similar to the Panga ones that not only require timing, but the ability to seemlessly execute a variety of gameplay functions.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
It happens so fucking much now. A few people find something they don't like about a person, so they feel the need to derail every single thread about said person in the hopes that everyone will feel the same way they do.

It's... really turned me off this place.

I am glad it is not just me that has seen this. This level has spread like wildfire on the internets.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Dunkey is actually quite good at video games judging from a lot of his videos. I know he plays an insane amount so that's gotta pay off somehow.

I could never beat a level like this, but the "hardest" levels are probably similar to the Panga ones that not only require timing, but the ability to seemlessly execute a variety of gameplay functions.
Souls/borne/sekiro conditioned him for this. Just banging your head against a wall for hours and hours, but getting just far enough each try (or every five tries) to keep you going.

Status
Not open for further replies.