• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People are allowed mistakes. Plenty of people have been forgiven for past behaviour (if they've even been affected at all, a lot of shitty people are still popular), but that requires some actual personal growth & being genuinely sorry about what they've done. What I saw of Dunkey after using words like "faggot" was that he defended it as just your typical trash talking and how it should be allowed in competitive gaming. Not much of personal growth to be seen there or even a half-hearted apology (let alone a genuine one).
When did he say that? If you are referring to the league video, that is not in regard to the F word. All I see is that he hasn't been using these words in his videos for years now, so I actually do see growth there. I obviously can't judge on what he says privately because I don't know, so I won't do that.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
One person made one post and half the thread's dedicated to piling on them to stan for a racist/homophobic asshole.

What a fuckin' mess.

People can like who they like. Also, that post was speaking on behalf of other people. Feel free to dislike someone but don't force it on everyone by saying shit like "We cancelled this guy" as if it was some collective decision.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
The hardest Mario Maker level (not talking about various ROM hacks there) by far is clearly Trials of Death by ChainChompBraden.
Look for the guy's Twitch channel; he still hasn't beaten his own level after many years (yes, it's still on the first Mario Maker game on Wii U) so the monster isn't even uploaded yet.
It's beyond insane how, long, hard and unforgiving it is.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It happens so fucking much now. A few people find something they don't like about a person, so they feel the need to derail every single thread about said person in the hopes that everyone will feel the same way they do.

It's... really turned me off this place.

'A few things' in this case is racism and homophobic slurs. If that kind of stuff doesn't bother you, then you sound like you would fit in just fine at the old place.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
That sword definitely cuts both ways though. People are free to ignore threads about content creators they dislike, rather than bring it up in every single new thread. I don't mind the criticism so much as I mind that it throws a monkey wrench into discussion of new content by inevitably bringing up old content.
There's also an ignore thread feature which comes in handy if you don't like someone. It's like you're personally canceling someone!
Fair enough

Oct 26, 2017
UK
People can like who they like. Also, that post was speaking on behalf of other people. Feel free to dislike someone but don't force it on everyone by saying shit like "We cancelled this guy" as if it was some collective decision.

People are 100% free to like and be okay with homophobes but they can also be criticised for it. The amount of responses that one post got whilst people ignore bringing up Dunky's an open homophobe was and still is pathetic and a huge symptom of people being coded to accept homophobia.

That post was disingenuous and trying to derail the thread.

It was a comment on how badly the thread was derailed because of people defending a homophobe. I was literally responding the the huge amount of dogpiling that was happening because people were to afraid to say they didn't mind supporting/signal boosting homophobes.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
People are 100% free to like and be okay with homophobes but they can also be criticised for it. The amount of responses that one post got whilst people ignore bringing up Dunky's an open homophobe was and still is pathetic and a huge symptom of people being coded to accept homophobia.
Sorry but how is he an open homophobe ?

If some people are ok supporting him, maybe it's because they don't agree with the idea that he is a homophobe.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Liking Dunkey is SIGNAL BOOSTING A HOMOPHOBE AND RACIST because he said some bad shit years ago, and to the best of our knowledge hasn't done it again.

I know he hasn't apologized but he has all but stopped and his videos have been free of any problematic shit for years.

There's no nuance anymore in this site. Oh you like thing that was problematic once? WELL GO BACK TO NEOGAF THEY WILL WELCOME YOU THERE.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Liking Dunkey is SIGNAL BOOSTING A HOMOPHOBE AND RACIST because he said some bad shit years ago, and to the best of our knowledge hasn't done it again.

I know he hasn't apologized but he has all but stopped and his videos have been free of any problematic shit for years.

There's no nuance anymore in this site. Oh you like thing that was problematic once? WELL GO BACK TO NEOGAF THEY WILL WELCOME YOU THERE.

Wow, it's almost like there's one thing he could do that would suggest that he's turned a new leaf and genuinely thought about the harm his last statements had caused. Instead let's just ignore it and pretend everything fine. It's almost like I specifically pointed out accepting this bullshit is the real issue.

I'm done in this thread. If he apologised I wouldn't be here or if ya'll didn't get so upset about prejudice being called out I wouldn't be here.

I can't discuss this when people see a sincere apology is some totally unimaginable standard.

Sorry but how is he an open homophobe ?

If some people are ok supporting him, maybe it's because they don't agree with the idea that he is a homophobe.

Right, that last part is the thing I have the issue with. People can talk about Dunky all they want but don't get defensive when his history that he's never apologised for gets brought up.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This one has been making the rounds on social media a lot the past week. I don't know how you have the patience to beat this.

It took me about 1500 attempts to beat some of the expert courses in Trials HD, sometimes with high skill precision level design you get in a zone and just don't want to quit trying.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I just wonder if one day there can be a rule where a thread has to stay on topic, and not bring up past shit.

Like every streamer thread, every Cyberpunk, every whatever threads always end the same way, dragging people through the mud and going way off topic.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
I just wonder if one day there can be a rule where a thread has to stay on topic, and not bring up past shit.

Like every streamer thread, every Cyberpunk, every whatever threads always end the same way, dragging people through the mud and going way off topic.
I feel like I'm not allowed to express any admiration for people on this forum because someone will come up with something they said years ago and accuse me of supporting racism/homophobia/etc. I usually just don't interact with these sort of threads which is probably the best approach even though I'd like to comment and discuss content.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah he's just homophobic it's fine I'm telling you those darn kids and their outrage culture
I know quite a few people who used the F word without thinking about how it might hurt others until they were made aware of it. They were absolutely idiots. Ignorant, but not hateful. Most of the stopped after I had some discussions about it. They didn't even know what the Stonewall Riots were. So someone using that word doesn't automatically make them a homophobe to me. It always depends on what circles they have frequented in the past, if they know about the implications or not and how they act after having been educated on the matter.
It's not like teaching about LGBTQ issues has been as prevalent in schools as, say, slavery and the use of the N word and what that entails. That only changed in the last couple years.

You can now say I'm just bending over backwards to defend him, and you probably will, but that's just my general experience with people around me.

Nov 17, 2017
Watching this level gives me anxiety.

I was hoping for something fresher than the 1-1 Fire Bar remix that has circulated for a while as a notorious meme level, but it seems like this channel's approach to SMM2 is to chase content that has already been established as a surefire hit, which is a letdown. From the title I was hoping for something more like GrandPOOBear's horrendous grind through SMM1's The Pinnacle of Level Design (starts at around 6:30, and long, but already edited down and worth the sit).

I want to take your word for it but seeing that generic "Youtuber making dumb face" on the thumbnail of the video doesn't give me hope.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Ah yes, lets sweep everything bad under the rug, no awareness at all.
I feel like I'm not allowed to express any admiration for people on this forum because someone will come up with something they said years ago and accuse me of supporting racism/homophobia/etc. I usually just don't interact with these sort of threads which is probably the best approach even though I'd like to comment and discuss content.

As you can see, there are hundreds of posts in this thread related to the video and no-one is calling others out for their unrelated comments, so you can willfully ignore peoples concerns related to Dunkey and post as you normally would.

What's being called out, is people defending him.

There's a difference between bringing up past history and bringing up past history for the purpose of derailing a thread that is not related to said history.

This has literally never been an issue before with other entities on this forum.
See Staff Post regarding THQ Nordic threads below.

Official Staff Communication
Everyone is welcome to criticize THQ Nordic for any past mistakes. Users should not try to police or backseat mod the thread by claiming such posts do not belong here. Please do not dismiss concerns about these issues, either.

However, please do not make accusations against your fellow community members simply because they are still interested in discussing their products or announcements.

Posts that violate any of these rules will be moderated.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know quite a few people who used the F word without thinking about how it might hurt others until they were made aware of it. They were absolutely idiots. Ignorant, but not hateful. Most of the stopped after I had some discussions about it. They didn't even know what the Stonewall Riots were. So someone using that word doesn't automatically make them a homophobe to me. It always depends on what circles they have frequented in the past, if they know about the implications or not and how they act after having been educated on the matter.
It's not like teaching about LGBTQ issues has been as prevalent in schools as, say, slavery and the use of the N word and what that entails. That only changed in the last couple years.

You can now say I'm just bending over backwards to defend him, and you probably will, but that's just my general experience with people around me.

I dont know he could uh...just apologize.

Also not specifically targeting you but its amazing how many of you hang out with pieces of shit

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Ah yes, lets sweep everything bad under the rug, no awareness at all.

As you can see, there are hundreds of posts in this thread related to the video and no-one is calling others out for their unrelated comments, so you can willfully ignore peoples concerns related to Dunkey and post as you normally would.

What's being called out, is people defending him.

This has literally never been an issue before with other entities on this forum.
See Staff Post regarding THQ Nordic threads below.
I've absolutely seen it happen in other threads.

At this point we're just derailing this thread so I'm probably gonna stop commenting.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to take your word for it but seeing that generic "Youtuber making dumb face" on the thumbnail of the video doesn't give me hope.

The thumbnail and clickbait title put me off as well; I can't stand that kind of thing either. I assure you it's a smokescreen and that this is a genuinely good and watchable player, not just someone hamming it up for the camera to entertain the kids (at least, not in this video).

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont know he could uh...just apologize.

Also not specifically targeting you but its amazing how many of you hang out with pieces of shit
The fact they stopped using it (at least while I'm around) makes them anything but pieces of shit. I've known some of them for 20+ years now and I wouldn't be alive without them, but thanks for calling some of my friends pieces of shit and judging me for being friends with them I guess.

Weird how you instantly became unlikeable to me but I'm still willing to hang out with people that are willing to listen instead. Just a hint, stop judging people over the internet. It rarely works, makes you look like a douchebag and makes people less willing to apologize for anything.

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I don't see any difference to those other insane Mario Maker levels people build and which pop up on social media and look menacingly hard. Just wow. To see the process and his montage was funny, though! And here I am, struggling to beat the final boss in Sekiro. No way I would want to play those levels, lol. Fucking crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.