• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I'll preface this by saying I am huge videogamedunkey fan, even videos where he shits on games I like I find them to be really funny. I also know he has had a pretty shitty past and has said some racist shit. I don't excuse him for this behavior, tbh he seems like the typical youtuber/internet shit head. This video I know it's supposed to be a big joke but hes ranking some shitty youtubers, and I wish he went in more.

Last edited:

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I'll preface this by saying I am huge videogamedunkey, even videos where he shits on games I like I find them to be really funny. I also know he has had a pretty shitty past and has said some racist shit. I don't excuse him for this behavior, tbh he seems like the typical youtuber/internet shit head. This video I know it's supposed to be a big joke but hes ranking some shitty youtubers, and I wish he went in more.

dunky softpedaled this and if it's meant as a satire on a trend of tier lists it's about 10 years too late and whiffs on humor at the expense of really awful people, making it all sound like harmless jokez bro.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Don't forget about the homophobic slurs! What a cool guy, haha.
omg-cat.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
dunky softpedaled this and if it's meant as a satire on a trend of tier lists it's about 10 years too late and whiffs on humor at the expense of really awful people, making it all sound like harmless jokez bro.

Yeah. It really doesn't work on any level.

I winced like I got punched in the stomach when he mentioned Keemstar.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow... this guy thinks people who scream at cancer patients "I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO DIE OF CANCER" and racists are the best of the best? This Dunkey guy is a cunt.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's putting the garbage in the top tiers...like I think that's the joke. but if not then yeah super Yikes...

His description said the video was initially going to be a joke but then became serious, so eh. He also put some shitty people in the bottom tiers so that doesn't excuse him if the intention is to reverse it.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
"We're actually going to put him in the shadow realm section"

Dunkey is the best. He never disappoints.

Mr Clutch

Oct 27, 2017
His description said the video was initially going to be a joke but then became serious, so eh. He also put some shitty people in the bottom tiers so that doesn't excuse him.
Yeah I noticed that as well. Tbh whatever the intention was, I came away from the video just confused...bad altogether. If it was meant as a joke (and even him saying its not a joke is part of the joke) its executed terribly and on top of that, like you said, he still put some shitty people in the lower tiers. All in all the video is just a big OOF.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
His description said the video was initially going to be a joke but then became serious, so eh. He also put some shitty people in the bottom tiers so that doesn't excuse him if the intention is to reverse it.
I don't think any of his picks are all serious.

But his list pretty much is a list of the worst of youtube mixed in with his friends so it's just a confusing mess of a video with no real humor in it.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any of his picks are all serious.

I mean he said they were, but okay.

In any case, saying that someone is the "best" and not then making it obviously satire by rattling off the shitty things they do is fucking stupid.

Someone can watch this video, assume it's legit and start watching one of the asshats he put at the top of the list, thinking they're good people.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is supposed to be satire? I don't know I'm not sure I don't follow him enough. Just seems too easy to take at face value knowing his videos are supposed to be weird. Either way it doesn't work.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I think this is supposed to be satire? I don't know I'm not sure I don't follow him enough. Just seems too easy to take at face value knowing his videos are supposed to be weird. Either way it doesn't work.
He was moving people around while talking about others. He also had a bunch of hilarious made up ranks and praised terrible youtubers. If this isn't satire then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Don't apologise to me, just make better decisions when it comes to who you support. This guy thinks pdp, keem and Logan are the best people on YouTube and you support him? Foh.

Um, he doesn't? When he placed H3H3 in the F-tier that should've given it away.

This is my take. The video is kind of aimless in it's satire. Like it's trying to say something and nothing all at once. A video Boogie would be proud of.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Um, he doesn't? When he placed H3H3 in the F-tier that should've given it away.

The tiers being reversed doesn't fix anything and as I said, this doesn't work. He's not being obvious at all if it's satire and his description explicitly stated that it's not a joke. Someone will watch this and think "oh, keem has the latest news? Imma go watch that".

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
His description said the video was initially going to be a joke but then became serious, so eh.

The fact that Dunkey put Leafy and Logan Paul among the best - the former of which he's mocked and has been mocked by most relevant YouTubers during his prime - is probably a sign that you shouldn't take this video or the description seriously.

That being said, that does speak more toward how this is a very scattershot and aimless video of questionable quality. People looking for any "depth" to this are better off looking elsewhere.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Dunkey put Leafy and Logan Paul among the best - the former of which he's mocked and has been mocked by most relevant YouTubers during his prime - is probably a sign that you shouldn't take this video or the description seriously.

So you need lots of specific external context to understand the video is satirical? Doesn't that make this video really stupid, due to the amount of random users who will be recommended the video due to his subscriber count?

Last edited:

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually nvm I don't have time for this, I've said all I'll say on the matter.

Jul 18, 2018

That being said, that does speak more toward how this is a very scattershot and aimless video of questionable quality. People looking for any "depth" to this are better off looking elsewhere.
I think what he might be trying to allude at is the fact that Dunkey has a platform to actually address these Youtubers with criticism to the general viewers who don't follow him. Since right now for those viewers it appears he is supporting them/giving them attention

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously not meant to be a sincere tier list. Being painfully unfunny might have thrown people off.
(this is an F tier Dunkey video)

Last edited:

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
This video was just his critique on the current influx of tier videos.. I thought that was pretty obvious?
None of the actual listings make any sense at all. That's the point.

Oct 27, 2017
The tiers being reversed doesn't fix anything and as I said, this doesn't work. He's not being obvious at all if it's satire and his description explicitly stated that it's not a joke. Someone will watch this and think "oh, keem has the latest news? Imma go watch that".

If the entire video was aimless satire, saying "this is not a joke" on the description could be part of the joke for all we know.

Anyway I think people are looking way too much into another one of dunkey's dumb vids. Is this tier rating a recent fad?

treemasterx

Nov 16, 2017
I am really amazed that some people here do not get that this video is a joke.

I clapped when he included Red Letter Media and Scott the Woz.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
If the entire video was aimless satire, saying "this is not a joke" on the description could be part of the joke for all we know.

Anyway I think people are looking way too much into another one of dunkey's dumb vids. Is this tier rating a recent fad?
I don't think so, unless ripping off Tier Zoo counts as a fad? I think top 10 lists are an easier parody.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if your replies in this thread are satire or if you're serious.