• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah. Thanks. While you're here I've got a few other replies here in response to this post. Maybe you can help me think of which one is funniest:

"oh that's where all the shit I misplaced went, funny how it's always in the last place you'd look"

"ahhhh,,, I see, truly on this night. it is me who is the nerd getting dunkey'd on"

"REEEEEEEEEEEE"

I think the first one probably most accurately matches my opinion on the quality of the video in question even if it's hidden under a seemingly banal observation. I would have to hope that people will get the joke in it, but we've got some sharp satirists in the crowd tonight so I think they'll be able to grasp the punchline.

The second one I like because I have a certain understandable soft spot for dril. I'm not sure how into it that sort of surreal humor the audience is into though, even if I think the fundamental joke of dril comes through, which is that so much of what we do socially on the internet is basically asinine time-wasting rather than anything particularly productive or useful. Still I think that's an implication that might be too much of a downer for the crowd if they dwell on it, so I'll skip it.

Third one...well, I don't want to make a joke about people with autism, which is what the joke is. But I gotta be honest, based on the crowd out there tonight, I think it would sell pretty well. We've got the meltdown-prepared audience ready with the popcorn, and if they want to spend $50 to pay some random dude to read my tweets in a comically exaggerated manner to put on a youtube compilation, well who am I to tell them how to spend their money? Hell, maybe I'll pull my blue yeti out of storage and get myself a quick $50. Pull out that whiny, nasal voice one more time. The crowd'll love it.
Oh, if you're doing a bit then it went over my head. Too subtle, I think? Or rather, sounds about normal here.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
This is obviously satire.

Would it kill this board to not go into full keyboard warrior mode every now and then. Jeez

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As far as dunkey videos go, this wasn't that great. It's one part satirical and one part erratic and aimless which ends up muddying whatever point he was trying to make. It doesn't even work as a hyperbolic descend into apparent madness like his Anthem Legends video. If this is meant to be a meta commentary on tier-lists rather than youtubers, him saying that he doesn't really care about them is kind of a weak statement.

10/10

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
The tiers being reversed doesn't fix anything and as I said, this doesn't work. He's not being obvious at all if it's satire and his description explicitly stated that it's not a joke. Someone will watch this and think "oh, keem has the latest news? Imma go watch that".
He put somebody in the fucking shadow-realm.

How are you not getting this, he's taking the piss out of people making tier-lists for fucking everything.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Four minutes of my life I'll never fucking get back.

At first I thought it was semi-serious and thought this was the video confirming he's shitty. Then I thought "oh, it's reverse order". Then I realized it's lolrandumb of the highest order, but not funny-Youtube-poop random, just.... A video that seems created by a random number generator.

I had more fun writing this post than watching that. It was like I had joy siphoned from me.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This entire thread man

giphy.gif

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This video falls into the CAD rule, you can just watch the first and last 10 seconds and find it much funnier.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
He banished someone to the shadowrealm tier. Lol.

Some of yall are legit wildin thinking any of this is serious

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's both guy. He reads shit ass articles that agree with his shit takes that he's had since he was a kid I bet. Read up on implicit bias, Jon Tron is dripping in it and he happened to get recruited by morons that actually wants to make those believes a reality.

Why are you guys eating me I argue for the same things, I just think we look like tools getting caught up in what a dumb youtuber belives or not.

Not trying to gang up on you. Just bringing attention that it's repeated trend, especially with these types, of downplaying their blatant racism as "just being dumb" or "memes."

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Far from his best video... He's been putting out stinkers for a while now.

I get that the tiers are sometimes reversed, but they're not reversed consistently enough to be certain of what he's trying to say in the vid. Like having YouTubers he likes like H3H3 and iDubbz at the bottom while having ones he dislikes like Keemstar and Logan Paul at the top seems to make that intent clear, but then he puts other people he likes, including himself, at the top of the list, or doesn't place some of them at all. It just comes across as sO rAndOM EckSdEe, like that shitty this is a Mario video he did

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow... this guy thinks people who scream at cancer patients "I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO DIE OF CANCER" and racists are the best of the best? This Dunkey guy is a cunt.
It's pretty common to find people online who are apathetic to things that aren't directed at them. The prevalent attitude is "yeah I know that's messed up but it's not like it applies to me or anybody I know so I don't really care." When said people encounter racist / bigots / extremist on sites like YouTube they kinda shrug their shoulders at them and continue to consume the content.

This is how someone like JonTron can still have a successful channel. How someone like PewDiePie can be successful still.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If ever I'm inclined to make the mistake of taking Era seriously, I'll make sure to remember this thread.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Like having YouTubers he likes like H3H3 and iDubbz at the bottom while having ones he dislikes like Keemstar and Logan Paul at the top seems to make that intent clear, but then he puts other people he likes, including himself, at the top of the list, or doesn't place some of them at all. It just comes across as sO rAndOM EckSdEe, like that shitty this is a Mario video he did

perhaps but on the other hand have you considered that you don't know what satire is

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Watched this one, and it sure seemed like an inverse tier list for a while, but some of the ones he put in the trash tier are actually trash tier...

Also I never really laughed the whole video. Felt like I was waiting for the shoe to drop and it never did.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's a shitty attempt at satire.

Still the "He puts people he likes at the bottom and shitheads at the top" defence doesn't work at all given H3H3 is as bad as Keemstar, they playform alt-light icons like Peterson, and Ethan still loves Jontron. You can't like them without being a dipshit who gives zero fucks about bigotry.

The same can be said if you're still posting Dunky content, especially when the content's this tragic.