• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The criticism here isn't "He's putting PDP and JonTron high up on the list", that's obviously satire, the criticism is that he's taking their hateful rhetoric and passing it off as a harmless joke.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ignored the thread but keep getting notifications when people reply to my stuff, is there a way to prevent that specifically for this thread?

Oct 25, 2017
yo let me break it down for those of you who don't get it

- he put really, really shitty people in the top tiers
- made a centrism joke about boogie by refusing to rank him
- put some good youtubers in the bottom tiers
- also put his friends in the bottom tiers, who in reality range from okay to also shitty, kind of invalidating the joke premise of the video with personal bias, rendering the joke somewhat confusing for anyone who doesn't share his exact views

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a good dunkey video, but it's pretty obviously joke, and yes, the description is part of the joke too. If the existence of a Shadow Realm tier didn't give it away I don't what would.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
0 points.

Don't know how people could take this seriously anyway. He puts the Irate Gamer above the Angry Video Game Nerd. That should be a pretty obvious giveaway.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Dunkey is serious about anything in this video or most videos I've seen by him. That's pretty much his schtick.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Can someone tell me if reviewbrah/thereportoftheweek is in this.

Can't watch. I'm on mobile with a bad connection until I get internet at the new place.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great video from Dunkey. The point was a bit lost in the randomness of the placements and I'm not sure he was saying anything meaningful here. The worst part here is he failed to differentiate out the truly bad people/Youtubers from his friends like H3H3.

So many people here unable to pick up on anything beyond literal interpretations.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I'm going to be honest, this video completely cracked me up.

Like, he's obviously being 100% sarcastic and trolling. It's really dumb humor done really well. It's the classic setup of starting at a level where you're not sure if the person is being serious and getting progressively more and more bizarre and obvious, ending with him putting himself in the SSS tier.

The content in the video isn't his greatest, and I agree with some of the criticism about him joking about shitty people, but his comedic timing in this is top tier and jokes like the Shadow Realm or constantly moving idubbbz down are seriously funny.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Do people honestly think this is a serious video? Has you even watched it?

"Keemstar covers all the drama like when Logan Paul's dog toy got eaten by a coyote. Very important channel."
"Mega64. They're the Steven Spielberg of youtube. F-"
"H3H3. They're the ultimate power couple. Great styles. Really funny. Has great taste in food. F tier"
"AVGN. He laid the ground work for all gaming channels so we gotta pay respect....C tier"

Really? You're really taking this video seriously?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest, this video completely cracked me up.

Like, he's obviously being 100% sarcastic and trolling. It's really dumb humor done really well. It's the classic setup of starting at a level where you're not sure if the person is being serious and getting progressively more and more bizarre and obvious, ending with him putting himself in the SSS tier.

The content in the video isn't his greatest, and I agree with some of the criticism about him joking about shitty people, but his comedic timing in this is top tier and jokes like the Shadow Realm or constantly moving idubbbz down are seriously funny.

He gave the joke away in literally the first 30 seconds when he says "my man Leafy."

There's no setup at all, he just repeats the "good YouTuber is x/y/z tier" punchline for 3 minutes straight

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
He gave the joke away in literally the first 30 seconds when he says "my man Leafy."

There's no setup at all, he just repeats the "good YouTuber is x/y/z tier" punchline for 3 minutes straight

Nah, I disagree. The concept stays the same, sure, but it definitely gets progressively weirder. Putting Mega 64 under Dairy Queen got a solid laugh.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Everything is wrapped in five layers of irony that it could be spun in any direction in defense of dunkey.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Its better to criticize people in debate or publicly rather than cede a platform to idiots that parrot alt-right memes. The attempts to trash on dunkey or Jon Tron over a dumb video shows a misunderstanding of the real problem.

Now I'm doubly confused, as it seems that your second statement contracts the first, not that I necessarily agree with it to begin with

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its better to criticize people in debate or publicly rather than cede a platform to idiots that parrot alt-right memes. The attempts to trash on dunkey or Jon Tron over a dumb video shows a misunderstanding of the real problem.

....what? Jon "Genepool" Jafari got exposed in a literal debate.

How many layers of irony are you on my dude?

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Shithead talks trash about other shitheads. Burn it all down. Also, what the fuck is wrong with you, OP? "Yeah, he's obviously racist, but I still really love him."

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019

Jontron was on a debate with Destiny and said some really fucked shit, many youtubers including Dunkey didn't give a fuck their youtube friend was a piece of shit.

This video is a person in a clique slightly ribbing on other people in the same clique.

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Downplaying Racist Rhetoric
Now I'm doubly confused, as it seems that your second statement contracts the first, not that I necessarily agree with it to begin with
First statement as in my earlier post? Yeah maybe. I think open critique and canceling are different things. I guess I am trying to say that JonTron and the rest of the problematic youtubers are mostly useful idiots not straight up racist and that discussion that stems from canceling anyone will in turn stifle actual discussion by ceding the platform (youtube.)

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
First statement as in my earlier post? Yeah maybe. I think open critique and canceling are different things. I guess I am trying to say that JonTron and the rest of the problematic youtubers are mostly useful idiots not straight up racist and that discussion that stems from canceling anyone will in turn stifle actual discussion by ceding the platform (youtube.)
He got exposed for being an idiot. There is no way a moron like him can actually hold those views under scrutiny. I like that Destiny debate btw

So Jontron saying that well off blacks are more likely to commit crimes than white people is just a "stupid" viewpoint, not a racist one?

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Jontron was on a debate with Destiny and said some really fucked shit, many youtubers including Dunkey didn't give a fuck their youtube friend was a piece of shit.

This video is a person in a clique slightly ribbing on other people in the same clique.

Exactly. This guy is trash.
He got exposed for being an idiot. There is no way a moron like him can actually hold those views under scrutiny. I like that Destiny debate btw
Haha yeah ok.

Guess he didn't hold views when he spat out all that garbage on Twitter and constantly dropping the N word for laughs on YouTube videos.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
There is no way a moron like him can actually hold those views under scrutiny.

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Shit is hilarious. Some of you need help if you cannot see this as being satire. Jack Black 0 points, come on its clear.

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
So Jontron saying that well off blacks are more likely to commit crimes than white people is just a "stupid" viewpoint, not a racist one?
It's both guy. He reads shit ass articles that agree with his shit takes that he's had since he was a kid I bet. Read up on implicit bias, Jon Tron is dripping in it and he happened to get recruited by morons that actually wants to make those believes a reality.

Why are you guys eating me I argue for the same things, I just think we look like tools getting caught up in what a dumb youtuber belives or not.