• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching aliens and all of the dropship pilots lines were exactly copied for the drop ship from Starcraft.

I.e "in the pipe five by five" and "we're in for some chop" are directly lifted from this movie. Even the intonation is the same.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Sweden was the first country to release the NES outside of Japan, even ahead of USA due to the Swedish distributor Bergsala taking an Interest in the NES and meeting up Nintendo in Japan.

Been keeping this info for years so the details are a bit hazy. Would need to reread the book about it for the details.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
kirby-star2.png

tumblr_inline_mpr17eg38r1qz4rgp.png

250px-Ness_SSB4.png

Same VA, Makiko Ohmoto

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yosuke, Chie, and Futaba from the Persona series are confirmed to dye their hair in the artbooks.

Maybe not ball blowing but it caused a stir in the Persona community thread.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh another Persona one.

Makoto from Persona 5 has what looks like a braid in her hair. It's actually a hair band.
tumblr_ob5465ZEC11uznw5to1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5465ZEC11uznw5to2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5465ZEC11uznw5to4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob5465ZEC11uznw5to3_1280.jpg

(Using a fan comic because I don't know if I can post the actual concept art.)

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We came very close to missing out on the Xbox after the entire Xbox team at Microsoft almost died after revealing the console for the first time at GDC 2000.

They got drunk as shit to celebrate the presentation and decided to see how many people they could fit inside an elevator. The elevator plunged down three floors with over 20 people in it before the emergency brakes deployed. A few bruises were all people got, but damn.

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I read that Monokuma's VA suffered from dementia. I found that sad and ironic. It made me think of Heath Ledger and The Joker.

Necrobump Time!

Monokuma's VA also voiced Doraemon, essentially Japan's Mickey Mouse in terms of popularity.

It's still a crying shame that not enough of Western Capcom appreciate Akira "Akiman" Yasuda's work at Capcom. He's played a big part in the company's 80s and 90s glory days, designing both gameplay and characters. Better yet, he's got RANGE.
Oh, and he designed the characters in Turn-A-Gundam.

Here's a fantastic 2003 interview with him.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Necrobump Time!

Monokuma's VA also voiced Doraemon, essentially Japan's Mickey Mouse in terms of popularity.

It's still a crying shame that not enough of Western Capcom appreciate Akira "Akiman" Yasuda's work at Capcom. He's played a big part in the company's 80s and 90s glory days, designing both gameplay and characters. Better yet, he's got RANGE.
Oh, and he designed the characters in Turn-A-Gundam.

Here's a fantastic 2003 interview with him.
Thanks for the interview link. Here's a video on him I discovered recently.