• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna has probably one of the more famous cemeteries in the world, the "Zentralfriedhof" (central cemetery). It's mentioned in official tour guides and definitely is worth a visit if you're planning a trip to Vienna. Comprising about 330k graves in total, you can find the last resting places of, e.g., Beethoven, Brahms, Falco, or Schubert. As it is a cemetery owned by the city (and not a denomination, as it's often the case in Europe), you can find catholic, protestant, orthodox, Jewish, Muslim, Mormon, and Buddhist graves on the Zentralfriedhof. There are also special areas for the fallen of most sides of both World Wars.

Now, the cemetery's administration released three Lego sets (probably just custom Lego sets and no "official" sets, I'm not quite sure), if you always wanted to have our own graveyard in your Lego builds.

The cemetery set:
lego1snjbk.jpg

The crematory set:
lego2pwkop.jpg

The mortuary carriage set:
lego-neu0019ojkr.jpg

A view of all three sets, plus a "Mourning family" set (on the left) consisting of mourners, two deceased, and a skeleton (you read that right):
lego-neu0036ajmf.jpg

Closer look at the mourning family:
trauerfamilie_museum-aajwh.jpg

You can buy them here, but be warned these are very expensive even for Lego sets (and they're pretty small, after all). This is probably because they aren't really produced in big numbers and licensing Lego (without them being "official" Lego sets) can't be cheap.

Last edited:

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once these sell out they are going to be worth a fucking fortune. And they're neat.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i want that fucking crematory set that's rad as fuck

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, can I have an English source that states this is an actual collaboration with the LEGO company, and not just customs sets people put up for sale (this is common for custom World War II sets for instance).

Just because it uses genuine LEGO parts (and not for instance clone bricks), doesn't make it officially licensed/designed/or even approved by TLC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Irminsul

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, can I have an English source that states this is an actual collaboration with the LEGO company, and not just customs sets people put up for sale (this is common for custom World War II sets for instance).
You're right, I'm not sure if it's really in collaboration with Lego or just custom sets. Probably the latter, as it says "made from Lego components" on the shop. I'll edit the OP.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The mourner set is amusing mostly due to the deceased looking like scarecrows.

The remainder are neat, conceptually, but even though those are specialty sets they're too plain in design. And things like the gravestone are just one massive sticker.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's absolutely no way that these are official Lego sets

They're hilarious, though, time to send them to some of my more morbid friends!

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
The deceased figures looked too happy to be dead. And the skeleton looks like he can fight the whole family of mourners and the dead.
I'm glad I don't have a bone to pick with him.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

Just because it uses genuine LEGO parts (and not for instance clone bricks), doesn't make it officially licensed/designed/or even approved by TLC.

You're right, I'm not sure if it's really in collaboration with Lego or just custom sets. Probably the latter, as it says "made from Lego components" on the shop. I'll edit the OP.

Looks like they're custom sets by this creator:
http://derklassiker.at/