• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very solid show, good balance between promotions/trailers and awards. Maybe 30 minutes too long but other than that it was by far the best TGA yet. Great work by everyone involved

Oct 25, 2017
26 million people had eyes on the black gay furry who would style the fuck out of you in a fighting game.

What a time to be alive

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Big shout out to Keighley and the crew that put this show together. I think this iteration has been the closest to what this show strives to be. It was really good, for what they're going for and currently can be.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
That's fantastic. Congrats to Geoff and everyone involved, they put on a really fun show.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
You see Geoff.

You don't need boogie to come to the show to attract his audience.

Congrats.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats Geoff. It was a good show. Gaming keep getting bigger and bigger

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the best TGA I can remember. The awards were actually the least exciting part as most were largely predictable (RDR2 winning half the awards was obvious well before the game's release tbh), but there were tons of legit cool announcements, decent guests and such. There's still a lot to work on including the cringe gamey humor bits ("my kids play fortnite all day and I know Mario, gamers amirite???"), but the show's 3 hours went by surprisingly fast.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Adding chinese livestreames helped a lot, congrats to Geoff.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never doubt the Pope.
The Oscars had 26.5 million viewers.
maxresdefault.jpg

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
26 million people had eyes on the black gay furry who would style the fuck out of you in a fighting game.

What a time to be alive

That was perfect for SonicFox, he gained the reputation he deserved and definantly made the Furry community happy as hell for him being up there. Doesn't turn them into some dumb joke, it was great.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Good for it! I've actually been looking forward to and enjoying it the past few years. Thanks for the effort on it Geoff and staff.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was a first time viewer. Can't say I'll watch again live next year though unless they move it to a Friday. Just took way to long and it felt like it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Good for Geoff, we'll deserved. Sticking with his passion through the rough early years has definitely paid off. Each year, the Game Awards steps it up to become something better and better, and that's all thanks to him

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Far more than I expected. There were only 480k viewers on the official YouTube live stream which I thought would have had the most viewers.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Grats to Geoff. Dude clearly puts his heart in the show and it's nice to see him bear the fruits of his labor.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely amazing numbers. This is above Golden Globes / approaching Oscars type of viewership.

Golden Globes 2018 - 19mil
Oscars 2018 - 26.5mil

The Game Awards viewership in past years:
  • 2017: 11.5 Million
  • 2016: 3.8 Million
  • 2015: 2.3 Million
  • 2014: 1.9 Million

It's apples to oranges since you're comparing US TV ratings for the Oscars versus worldwide online streaming of The Game Awards.

Still very impressive the growth that Geoff's made with the show, but the Oscars have global viewership way higher then the US TV ratings from everything I've read.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. I'm happy to see Geoff's efforts pay off. He's been a passionate fan of this medium for a very long time and deserves all this success. Hope it continues to grow even more.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
bit of a snoozefest this year. nothing bad but nothing exciting like a true awards show.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is US only. Oscars are several hundred millions worldwide. They used to be over 1 billion worldwide, but they're free falling recently.

numbers that high aren't accurate. no way a billion people ever watched the oscars. it's inflated and shows the number of people that COULD watch it if they wanted to.