• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
vikings2y2k58.png

Season 5 will be split into two parts of 10 episodes each, airing commences on the 29th November.

episodes0njvc.png

1-2. The Departed (120mins)

3. Homeland

4. The Plan

5. Prisoner

6. The Message

7. Full Moon

8. The Joke

9. A Simple Story

10. Moments of Vision

castgek1k.png

lagertharollor7jkr.png

flokibjornbijsc.png

torviivor1djjf.png

ubbehvitserkeukfc.png

haraldhalfdanjnj69.png

heamundaethelwulfusj1t.png

trailershlkr5.png

Last edited:

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Crazy to think this show coming from the History channel is still coming out strong and the quality hasn't drop one bit!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
No air date for the premiere?
and the quality hasn't drop one bit!
I... I respectfully disagree. It dipped at S3. And S4 was watchable, but of drastically lower quality, nowhere near the level of S1-2.

Not sure if I want to keep going to be honest. I'll probably give it a shot, but I've been very disappointed in the previous season. :(

Edit: I want to point out, that this has nothing to do with the lack of Ragnar. If anything I found him insufferable in his later arc (when he was addicted and murdered that poor Chinese woman) and I was kinda glad to see him go.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Travis Fimmels Ragnar is gonna be sorely missed. I'm not even sure i want to continue with him gone. Might check out the premiere.

OP
OP
BitByDeath

BitByDeath

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have edited in the premier date.

Travis Fimmels Ragnar is gonna be sorely missed. I'm not even sure i want to continue with him gone. Might check out the premiere.

Yep is going to be tough without him. Trailers look amazing though, would have added more but I received an error that I could only have two so grabbed the most recent ones.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bjorn's actor is shit, I dearly hope he's less of a focus this season.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Bjorn's actor is shit, I dearly hope he's less of a focus this season.

He seems like a nice fellow, but it's one of the few clear instances where going from child actor to adult actor has been a noticeable and significant downgrade.

I agree with Morrigan about S3 dipping, and S4 taking that dip further. Ivar's actor is quite good, but his character isn't very interesting to me, especially with the inexplicable and ahistoric murder of Sigurd, who seemed like a potentially intriguing, possibly LGBT character.

I'm in for Lagertha at this point. If/when they kill her, unless the show regains its old quality (unlikely), I might drop it.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He seems like a nice fellow, but it's one of the few clear instances where going from child actor to adult actor has been a noticeable and significant downgrade.

I agree with Morrigan about S3 dipping, and S4 taking that dip further. Ivar's actor is quite good, but his character isn't very interesting to me, especially with the inexplicable and ahistoric murder of Sigurd, who seemed like he had potential as an interesting, possibly LGBT character.

I'm in for Lagertha at this point. If/when they kill her, unless the show regains its old quality (unlikely), I might drop it.

Lagertha and Floki are the only characters that keep me interested. Aethelwulf's actor is pretty good too, but I'm deeply disinterested in all of the Ragnar kids. Ivar is the only one who makes much of an impression, but he was still really one note last season.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Lagertha and Floki are the only characters that keep me interested. Aethelwulf's actor is pretty good too, but I'm deeply disinterested in all of the Ragnar kids. Ivar is the only one who makes much of an impression, but he was still really one note last season.

Skarsgard is fantastic as Floki, but unfortunately I feel like he's stopped functioning as a character when they removed his foil in Athelstan.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy this is going to be hard without Ragnar
Unless Rollo starts becoming more of a central figure

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Skarsgard is fantastic as Floki, but unfortunately I feel like he's stopped functioning as a character when they removed his foil in Athelstan.

Yeah. The bottom line is that Fimmel and Linus Roache acted rings around the entire cast and were mesmerizing onscreen together, I can't see the show ever returning to those heights unless they do a serious overhaul in Season 6.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

i feel the exact same way about lagertha too. doesn't seem like the writers know what to do with their characters tbh.

not getting high hopes from the rest of the cast as well.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a bizarre premiere date - the first 10 episodes are going right through Christmas.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for more Vikings, but dunno how good it will be. Don't care much for any of Ragnars kids, Ivar is the only one that seems to get any attention, but I can't help but think everytime he is on screen he is doing a poor Ragnar impression. At least we have Lagertha.

OP
OP
BitByDeath

BitByDeath

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ragnar will be missed. I hope the rest of the cast carry the show.

He was actually supposed to die in season one (not sure how that would work given kids come much later).

So actually all he had was the first few scripts and the bible for the first season. Now, at the end of the bible for the first season, Ragnar dies," he says. "So as far as Travis knew, this was just a one-season job. But as soon as we saw the potential, the great actors, it became clear that Ragnar was needed for much longer."

On his actual death

"Travis is a very laid-back Australian, and when I asked him how he felt about shooting his own death, he said, 'I'm not worried about it, mate'," Hirst mentions. "But, when the time came, he was deeply invested in it. We spent a long time working on the script. When he was in the cage and screaming out those words, it was really him."

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1279401/ragnar-supposed-die-first-season-vikings/

Sad :'-)

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
It's about that time again. Ragnar will be missed, but there still so much to tell. They could keep going and expand to different stories such as with Eric The Red and Leif Eriksson if they wanted to.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Still interested, but the show isn't a must-watch hype generator like it was a couple years ago.

I get the feeling that the new Templars show is History trying to replicate Vikings' success, so I wonder how that will go.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People tell me GoT is the best show on the market. No, it's Vikings!

(Spoiler: I also enjoy GoT)

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Still interested, but the show isn't a must-watch hype generator like it was a couple years ago.

I get the feeling that the new Templars show is History trying to replicate Vikings' success, so I wonder how that will go.

Yeah, Knightfall looks like it is going to be great. Looking forward to that as well. And interestingly enough, it is going to be coming on right after Vikings on Wednesday nights starting December 6th. Nice to have back-to-back shows.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Battles are much larger in Vikings, sometimes lasting up to 40mins+

It's not about the Battles for me. This may sound strange, but Vikings has the better characters, actors and a more interesting story. That's of course very subjective and I'm not trying to downplay GoT! It's a great show and I enjoy both of them a lot. Vikings just a tiny bit more.

Klean

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Excited to see what Meyers brings. The show can definitely be hit or miss. Like I thought it was pretty boring watching Ragnar get high for like eight episodes.

OP
OP
BitByDeath

BitByDeath

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Lagertha learnt some wizard tricks cause I feel she may need them this season.

tumblr_ourebxtQqS1ut9xauo4_1280.gif

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't the First ep be up on Amazon prime for the UK already ? Last season (and other Amazon shows) go up at 8am.

I got super happy when i just realised it should be up, only to have my excitement and happiness to be dashed, like a longboat in a storm. :( :D

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, isn't

Hvitserk dead? It's been a while, but I vaguely remember Ivar impaling him with an axe or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.