• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

ji6kwi-4.jpg:medium

In a now deleted tweet, scott snyder , long time writer of Batman , prety much teases the bad guys for the next batman games
they seem to be court of owls and talons
guessing he realzies he gave away too much

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
YES!!

Gimme a Court of Owls Batman game!

Make it fucking happen!

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a screenshot? The tweet was already deleted when you posted the thread.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Court of Owls is probably the best Batman story of the past decade, so I'm fine with this

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Five bucks says Joker gets shoehorned in anyway.
I remember there were rumors before about a Court of Owls Arkham game taking place in like a coastal suburb of Gotham. I think the same rumor said that the Joker was in it, but was also fighting the Court. I'll try to dig it up if I can.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Never read Court of Owls and haven't seen any films with them in it. I think Gotham tried to adapt them but that season was really stupid so I don't remember much of anything about it. Not super excited for this, but after Arkham Knight I need a complete and utter shakeup of the formula if I'm going to care again.

Oct 25, 2017
You have my interest.

Now get rid of the Batmobile stuff and I may be in.

Edit - I meant the tank stuff.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Never read Court of Owls and haven't seen any films with them in it. I think Gotham tried to adapt them but that season was really stupid so I don't remember much of anything about it. Not super excited for this, but after Arkham Knight I need a complete and utter shakeup of the formula if I'm going to care again.

Court of Owls is a great story arc that would fit the Arkham mold very well. But you're right, after Arkham Knight a lot of re-evaluation is needed. Hopefully WB Montreal had the fresh eyes needed for this. Meanwhile, five years of crickets from Rocksteady as they toil away on the Suicide Squad GaaS.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Expected, but The Court is a great fit for an Arkham game. Keep Joker out of it and we're golden.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shake up with the franchise introduced open world and batmobile, I rather they return to metroidvania style like Asylum but varied combat challenges introduced on Knight (but expanded upon even more)

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
This is an exciting prospect because they could legit do one of the best superhero stories in video games period with the court of owls their potential alone could make this surpass all the arkham games if the gameplay is up to snuff

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
It's the first part of the Snyder/Capullo Batman run. It's like 2 volumes long, so it's not a long read at all. It's also super timely.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Ugh. So dumb. I hate how, somehow, batman just never noticed any of this shit his whole life in gotham. Just...no.
But maybe it wasn't. The whole thing could have been a ploy by the Court that went sideways when Bruce came back to Gotham. I remember the book being very ambiguous as to the truth about that reveal.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they stick to the first appearance of the court, and that they nail the final confrontation harder (which kinda left a bad taste in my mouth by tying itself into a villain I typically really like).
Court of Owls is a great story arc that would fit the Arkham mold very well. But you're right, after Arkham Knight a lot of re-evaluation is needed. Hopefully WB Montreal had the fresh eyes needed for this. Meanwhile, five years of crickets from Rocksteady as they toil away on the Suicide Squad GaaS.
Suicide Squad was a cancelled WB Montreal project. 99.9% chance that's not Rocksteady.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The Court of Owls would be fun. I think they're in an interesting position where Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are devoid of Court of Owls references, as both released before the storyline, but they are referenced in Arkham Origins. It could be a fun opportunity to address that inconsistency - i.e. having you go around blowing up Court of Owls statues as a side quest.

Also Scott Snyder owes something back to the video games after the awful riff on Arkham Knight's B-plot that is 'The Batman Who Laughs'.

May 24, 2019
He's literally in the original story, but his face gets ripped off like 3 seconds in and he fucks off to plan revengence.

That was in Detective Comics. Owls was Batman. The only Joker appearance during the story is Robin being disguised as him during an Arkham riot.

Edit: Though I'd take them shoehorning in Snyder's Joker story and the rest of his run if it means that halfway through we play as Jim Gordon Mecha Batman instead :)

EBYrIFn.jpg

Last edited:

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i mean i love the court of owls just as much as everyone else but i don't get why people make such a big deal about them. it's pretty much the batmobile reloaded where for some reasons everyone wants the court of owls be the main villain but in the end i'm really not sure if that's a good way to go, because until now those batman games always had an ensemble cast of villains and i hope it stays that way. i've not been up to date with the batman story for a while now but wasn't the court also pretty small time? i'm gonna put this in spoilers but don't
they get wiped out pretty frequently by their own talons and the batman who laughs?
they don't seem like a huge threat to me. only way i would believe they would be a great main villain if
barbatos also appears who afaik is the god they worship